Sponsored

Deleted member 21681

Yeeeeah, I’m paying for a fully loaded bronco, I’ll wait until they can deliver a fully loaded bronco. Unless they’re knocking something off the price… not going to just casually throw away the time value of that money for undisclosed somethings they’re not giving me until some undisclosed later date.
To anyone who just wants their truck or who just wanted something without “bells and whistles” anyway, more power to ya. I hope this helps you get behind the wheel all the sooner.
But for me, bad deal, not interested. I’ll keep waiting.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So let’s say the chip that your vehicle is missing is the chip that controls heated seats (or auto start or something else non essential). Would Ford allow the dealers to release the vehicles to us? Or would the dealers hold onto our Broncos until the part comes in?
It's entirely possible that they will use the dealerships as storage yards. It would not be very amusing to get your lux package with a non-working entertainment system... Don't worry, it's not critical... LOL. We ran out of sasquatch wheels, but these 30" steelies will get you by. This is going to be an adventure!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeeeeah, I’m paying for a fully loaded bronco, I’ll wait until they can deliver a fully loaded bronco. Unless they’re knocking something off the price… not going to just casually throw away the time value of that money for undisclosed somethings they’re not giving me until some undisclosed later date.
To anyone who just wants their truck or who just wanted something without “bells and whistles” anyway, more power to ya. I hope this helps you get behind the wheel all the sooner.
I think the intent is to backfill to lost functionality later, so it is not really sacrificing the bells and whistles.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, you're not going to pay $20k adm for it?

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The source of the information, as shown in the link in post #1 is Automotive News, one of the automotive industries leading news sources, not "my dealer said".

As you can see from their second article yesterday, coming out of the same National Auto Dealers Association Show in Las Vegas on Saturday, where Ford executives, including Andrew Frick, general manager for sales, distribution and trucks for Ford Blue spoke during a meeting of the company’s franchised dealers.

Ford pushing back dealer allocations until late May; 100,000 units lost as suppliers struggle to deliver parts
Articles are behind a paywall. Love to read it.

Sponsored

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The source of the information, as shown in the link in post #1 is Automotive News, one of the automotive industries leading news sources, not "my dealer said".

As you can see from their second article yesterday, coming out of the same National Auto Dealers Association Show in Las Vegas on Saturday, where Ford executives, including Andrew Frick, general manager for sales, distribution and trucks for Ford Blue spoke during a meeting of the company’s franchised dealers.

Ford pushing back dealer allocations until late May; 100,000 units lost as suppliers struggle to deliver parts
Wasn't saying your article is a my dealer said, was saying my anecdote was. Glad to see it's lining up with the news you posted.

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The only plus to this might be some negotiating power with the dealer on MSRP! Maybe some ford points, anything to satisfy ford customers. 🤔

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The title of this thread is misleading. Unless the OP has a link that mentions Bronco, I have not seen any reference specific to Bronco for this.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We don't know what our ice mountain orders are missing. Some of the missing parts bay not be "non-safety non-critical". I've run out of optimism during this process. I'll just wait and see.
I was referring to vehicles that matched the criteria in the scenario. I would imagine that some of the chip holds are actually due to missing safety related chips as well. If that’s the case, then it wouldn’t get shipped, and the order holder would know fairly quickly.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I hope all the warranty worriers read this thread...

Sponsored

Deleted member 21681

I think the intent is to backfill to lost functionality later, so it is not really sacrificing the bells and whistles.
We’ve seen how well their intents have panned out. Besides, my problem stems from Ford holding my money for things not delivered, only vaguely promised. If they want to offer credits, or some other incentive to make this a bit more attractive, that’s something I’m willing to look at. But if it’s just, “give us the money and we’ll get ya when we get ya”….
I’m an investor and advisor by trade and that runs against some financial principles that I hold pretty close. I might be a bit more fanatical about this than others, sure, but those principles are why my business is successful. My situation also allows me to easily wait.
“Your mileage may vary” and that’s ok. But with the info as presented, I’m not especially interested.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Idk about that at all. 70% of the neon needed for making chips comes from Ukraine, and it’s a byproduct of Russian steel manufacturing. It’s already caused them to cut 50% of the world’s neon output. Russia also provides 1/3 of the worlds palladium, which is needed for making chips as well. A bunch of articles out there saying it’s going to get really rough.
Meanwhile bronco production goes on 1500+ per week with 2000 chips each. Car chips are mostly made in Japan. IDK Never heard of those materials needed. Car chips are micro silicon chips. Please Explain where neon and palladium is used?
Ford has a supply for at least a while. Could be tight but a supply.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We don't know what our ice mountain orders are missing. Some of the missing parts bay not be "non-safety non-critical". I've run out of optimism during this process. I'll just wait and see.
I was referring to vehicles that matched the criteria in the scenario. I would imagine that some of the chip holds are actually due to missing safety related chips as well. If that’s the case, then it wouldn’t get shipped, and the order holder would know fairly quickly.

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just in case @Ford Motor Company is reading this thread… YES PLEASE send me my ice mountain bronco without the non-essential features. I hope this applies to broncos and specifically to the ice mountain broncos. Do it!!

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
helps with back pain. I was using heated seats in Corvette in August.
Same here. Disabled veteran using heated seats therapeutically.
Sponsored