Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's not kid ourselves here. These tops are WAY behind schedule. This is an example of moving the goalposts. Just ask anyone with a truck sitting at dirt mountain. :cautious:
My comment was more intended to be a jab at Ford. Congratulation Ford, you FINALLY were able to do something in an acceptable timeframe. Nobody here is crediting them as if they haven't delayed things hundreds of times already. Keep moving the goalposts back, and they were bound to meet a date eventually. I'm just happy we have news that is positive for the first time in months instead of another disappointing setback
Sponsored

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think he was talking about water tests on the dirt mountain Broncos that might of had rain get in while sitting, imagine all the mildew and odors if so. Remember the big storms from the hurricane that just came through and rained inches in minutes in some places.
The remnants of hurricane IDA slid just south and east of Michigan thankfully.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So many people on this Website were so so so wrong. We all know who they are and they are on record. But don't worry they will not stop posting their negativity. ;)
I will be the first to eat a big plate of humble pie, because based on the information publicly available, it really looked bleak. If Ford pulls this off I will be very impressed (and honestly some of my faith in Ford will be restored).

So, it looks like I was wrong based on the news today and I couldn't be happier about being wrong.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure I'm 100% good with this news. Why would they start shipping tops to customers who already have their Bronco before clearing out Dirt Mountain? Current owners are fine driving around for a bit longer with a "not perfect" top!
There you go using logic you will never be a Ford executive. 🤣🤣🤣

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We didn't think they could do it, but they did. The scale of this operation will make for fun reading in the years ahead... I doubt there have been many other situations with tooling components being express airlifted to meet an impossible deadline.

Tooling was up and running Friday and from what I can tell they cranked all weekend. So far, no issues have been discovered. I don't believe they've officially been released for delivery but that should happen later this week.
You’d be surprised with what an automaker will do to get the line running again. I’ve seen millions of dollars spent to get the line running again. The plant I work at now every minute we’re not building trucks is $1 million dollars lost.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We didn't think they could do it, but they did. The scale of this operation will make for fun reading in the years ahead... I doubt there have been many other situations with tooling components being express airlifted to meet an impossible deadline.

Tooling was up and running Friday and from what I can tell they cranked all weekend. So far, no issues have been discovered. I don't believe they've officially been released for delivery but that should happen later this week.
@PREMiERdrum have you heard any discussion as to what the replacement operation for the built units is going to look like? Number of people working on the already built units sitting? Where the replacement will take place?

Hopefully Ford is dedicating a small army to knock this out quickly.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll just sit and wait for the actual customers to start getting new tops before I get excited....
And all us non-VIN peeps are STILL looking at MY22. If we're not, I'm 99'ing my order!
After waiting all this time, and having the ability of a standard capable bumper on my Badlands and other possible options (MY22), I'd lose my shit if they gave me a MY21 VIN now, or in October or November....

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

How (if at all) does this affect unscheduled soft top orders for MY21? Still have a shot or no?

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'll just sit and wait for the actual customers to start getting new tops before I get excited....
And all us non-VIN peeps are STILL looking at MY22. If we're not, I'm 99'ing my order!
After waiting all this time, and having the ability of a standard capable bumper on my Badlands and other possible options (MY22), I'd lose my shit if they gave me a MY21 VIN now, or in October or November....
I’d 99 it if I were in your situation.

Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer confirmed today that my BL MIC is now scheduled to date for a build on 9/23. I’m thinking a certain # of tops will go to dirt mountain Broncos, some to dealers to replace existing Broncos, and some to MAP for new builds that are scheduled.
And we'll never know how much ... it's done that way to keep bitchin to a minimum.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Best news EVAAARRRR!!! :ROFLMAO:

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...rd-bronco-hardtops-ready-shipping/5754266001/

Ford confirms it will ship new Bronco hardtops, Broncos this week

September 7, 2021

Ford Motor Co. will start shipping this week thousands of new hardtop roofs to dealers waiting to replace the faulty ones on 2021 Broncos already delivered, the Free Press has learned.

Also, Ford will be installing the new tops in 2021 Broncos that have been held backthen shipping those vehicles immediately.

"Testing has been completed," said Mark Grueber, Ford Bronco marketing manager, told the Free Press on Tuesday. "We're ramping up production of the new roof and waiting for those units."

Customers should call their dealers to make arrangements.

Three weeks ago, Ford announced that it would replace all 2021 Bronco hardtops for customers and dealers after extreme water and humidity changed their appearance.

In addition, Ford held its massive supply of non-delivered vehicles in large lots as the manufacturing process evolved.

In early July, the Free Press first reported that the Webasto hardtop problems were disrupting production and delivery of a product the began with 125,000 orders.

Ford began shipping the hot new SUV from its Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne in mid-June. A combination of the chip shortage, COVID-19 challenges and supply chain issues combined with a manufacturing problem to create a high-profile headache.

"We’ve started the roof replacements on the hardtop. We’ll be continuing to ramp that up to replace the roofs on vehicles currently being held needing the new roof," Grueber told the Free Press. "Shortly, we’ll be starting to send the new roofs out to dealers for those vehicles that have already been delivered. We expect to be shipping the roofs and the Broncos with the new roofs within the week."

The only delay now, he said, is the time it takes to run all Broncos that have been sitting awhile through comprehensive inspection.

"We'll do a water test on the new roof as well," Grueber said. "We'll make sure they're ready for sale."
GREAT NEWS, but I'm still waiting for my VIN number and built date, then I will be thrill... kudos to those that will be getting their rides soon...
Sponsored