First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree that the fair and sensible thing to do would be to pay the difference… colors aren’t like a new upgraded dash or functionality…

….but my point was that technically, if you can’t buy a green bronco now, I wouldn’t assume they would necessarily consider it a “comparable” one…

Until Ford defines what “comparable” means to them, we’re just guessing.

(honestly, they probably haven’t even decided what it’ll mean yet… I’m sure their choice in words was no accident)
Changing to Cyber Orange now may force the issue assuming they are planning to drop that color for 2022. If they don’t offer something as simple as a color that was ordered it would make sense that if that were the only change they’d have to allow the switch under the price protection.
Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My guess is that by comparable they mean the trim packages available now. Heritage edition orders will lose price protection.

OP
OP
cmcbronco

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait. What the heck are you saying? I hope you are saying that if a metallic green costs more than the old Race Red, you (we) will have to pay the difference in price. That's totally fine. But it sounds like you're implying that if we order a new color, then the whole comparable Bronco is out the window and we'd have to pay the new higher prices on the entire vehicle. That wouldn't be very fair.
See that’s what I’m worried about...does a simple color change throw the price protection out of the window? I wish Ford would be more clear but ya they really haven’t been from the beginning. 🤦‍♂️
Sponsored