havingfunyet

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Base
My opinion of how price protection will work is whatever you have on the books before the change to MY22 are the options you are price protected for. I added a few things recently because I probably will want them when I get a MY22, but if I change my mind I can take them off. I wouldn't expect to be able to add anything after MY22 prices are out and get MY21 prices. Now if they change trim levels and what comes on them that could get messy making sure you have something comparable. This is only my opinion and guesses.
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks, I’m aware I can change my order. The bigger question is the implication on price protection.
If you reserved before March 16th you qualify for price protection.

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I predict it’s going to get very difficult to insure your getting “MY21 protected pricing “ on any changes after MY22 pricing comes out. Once the B&P changes all references to MY 21 prices are going to disappear. Make your changes prior to the B&P changing, or at a minimum build the version you want on B&P and print it out. Just my thoughts.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be curious to see how this works out for my second reservation (7/18) that I haven't converted to an order yet.

MY21 (a-plan) pricing on a MY23 Badlands and sell my current MY21 Badlands at inflated prices🤔 I might could walk away with a little extra jingle in my pockets

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m wondering the same I have a Base with Sasquatch and if I get pushed to 22 I want to drop the 10 speed auto and go with the manual, I hope that will still hold the current pricing
I coded my order as a "99" to wait for MY22 because I want the mansquatch as well. However, the only flaw I see in your logic is "current pricing". Technically, there is no option for mansquatch so no current pricing. Being that mansquatch will be a new option added to MY22, price protection might not be extended to us that want it. Fingers crossed my friend...

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I coded my order as a "99" to wait for MY22 because I want the mansquatch as well. However, the only flaw I see in your logic is "current pricing". Technically, there is no option for mansquatch so no current pricing. Being that mansquatch will be a new option added to MY22, price protection might not be extended to us that want it. Fingers crossed my friend...
Should just be minus the auto 🤷🏻‍♂️
at the time of reservation it was going to be an option and was taken away between reservation and order conversion.

OP
OP
cmcbronco

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I appreciate all the reply’s everyone! So basically what we’ve determined is....well no one actually knows for sure haha. Ford should definitely specify on what price protection includes. Hopefully they won’t screw us too bad considering all the issues and delays res holders have had.

I might just up my build here in the next couple weeks to hopefully lock my21 pricing in. Thanks again for the input!

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I predict multi-page long threads of people bitching when the actual definition of "price protection" becomes clear.

With the way things have been going, does anyone really believe Ford will keep their word in any other fashion than "technically true?"

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is how I interpreted it… it’s for *an* equivalent bronco, not *your* equivalent bronco… meaning, if you had reserved/ordered before March 19th, and your MY23 is equipped with only options that were available for the MY21, whether or not you’ve changed it over time, you’d be extended the MY21 price.

If you selected the new green, or chose newly available options, well then that’s not equivalent to what had been available to you.
the green color not being considered “comparable” was speculation on my part… not all colors cost the same, but Ford could very easily say updated colors don’t count against price protection
Wait. What the heck are you saying? I hope you are saying that if a metallic green costs more than the old Race Red, you (we) will have to pay the difference in price. That's totally fine. But it sounds like you're implying that if we order a new color, then the whole comparable Bronco is out the window and we'd have to pay the new higher prices on the entire vehicle. That wouldn't be very fair.

Last edited:

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unless Ford provides actual info on what they really mean it's all guesswork...

I've seen more than a couple reasonable interpretations, and that's not good

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be curious to see how this works out for my second reservation (7/18) that I haven't converted to an order yet.
no price protection if you haven't turned it into an order by 3-19-21, so you'll get the new prices is my guess.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait. What the heck are you saying? I hope you are saying that if a metallic green costs more than the old Race Red, you (we) will have to pay the difference in price. That's totally fine. But it sounds like you're implying that if we order a new color, then the whole comparable Bronco is out the window and we'd have to pay the new higher prices on the entire vehicle. That wouldn't be very fair.
I agree that the fair and sensible thing to do would be to pay the difference… colors aren’t like a new upgraded dash or functionality…

….but my point was that technically, if you can’t buy a green bronco now, I wouldn’t assume they would necessarily consider it a “comparable” one…

Until Ford defines what “comparable” means to them, we’re just guessing.

(honestly, they probably haven’t even decided what it’ll mean yet… I’m sure their choice in words was no accident)
Sponsored