Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think price protection applies to 2021 pricing for all trims and options. So essentially everything listed now in B&P. Does not make sense that Ford narrows down the pricing just to your trim and options. It will be just too hard for them to manage all the reservations if let’s say customers wanted to change their build which by the way one would have to resubmit their build if they were to order a 2022 bronco.

I do have a question … what is the significance of March 19? Why did Ford pick that date?
If I remember correctly, that was around the first time they mentioned price protection for MY22 builds in an email or announcement that was sent out. They did not want everyone who had not reserved yet to jump in after the fact and get the same protections.
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think price protection applies to 2021 pricing for all trims and options. So essentially everything listed now in B&P. Does not make sense that Ford narrows down the pricing just to your trim and options. It will be just too hard for them to manage all the reservations if let’s say customers wanted to change their build which by the way one would have to resubmit their build if they were to order a 2022 bronco.

I do have a question … what is the significance of March 19? Why did Ford pick that date?
3/19 was the original convert reservation to order date.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also regarding the March 19th deadline for orders being “price locked”, what about those of us that have changed our orders after March 19th? A month ago I switched from the 2.3 to the 2.7. Do I loose my price lock in MY22?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is your avatar your new truck? Love the VB.
Yes! It's the photoshop version, anyway. Since it's a Tremor I've decided to name it Graboid. :LOL: By the time I get done paying for it, my Bronco will just be getting built.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is how I interpreted it… it’s for *an* equivalent bronco, not *your* equivalent bronco… meaning, if you had reserved/ordered before March 19th, and your MY23 is equipped with only options that were available for the MY21, whether or not you’ve changed it over time, you’d be extended the MY21 price.

If you selected the new green, or chose newly available options, well then that’s not equivalent to what had been available to you.

Also, the March 19th date was the deadline to be included in the first block(s) of scheduling. It was not a MY21 cutoff. This has been confirmed a few times, and even again in the most recent update where Ford stated someone could convert today and be considered for a MY21.

Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is how I interpreted it… it’s for *an* equivalent bronco, not *your* equivalent bronco… meaning, if you had reserved/ordered before March 19th, and your MY23 is equipped with only options that were available for the MY21, whether or not you’ve changed it over time, you’d be extended the MY21 price.

If you selected the new green, or chose newly available options, well then that’s not equivalent to what had been available to you.

Also, the March 19th date was the deadline to be included in the first block(s) of scheduling. It was not a MY21 cutoff. This has been confirmed a few times, and even again in the most recent update where Ford stated someone could convert today and be considered for a MY21.
Thanks for the great info! I assume Ford will have to give dealers guidance on what, if anything, can be changed on a MY22 order and not loose the MY21 price lock. That MY22 green will not be as attractive if it bumps your build up 1K because you lost your MY21 price lock.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They need to offer price protection from their dealers charging ADM. It would probably turn into a scenario like with the Dodge Demon. Dealers would sell the allocations for $30000+ then the actual car at MSRP.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My issue is that I reserved a Big Bend but when it came time to convert, I submitted a build and price sheet for a Badlands. However, since we decided to “99” for a MY22, it seems the reservation was converted as is. Not that I couldn’t live with a Big Bend but decided the Badlands made more sense. I’ve emailed Granger for clarification.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My issue is that I reserved a Big Bend but when it came time to convert, I submitted a build and price sheet for a Badlands. However, since we decided to “99” for a MY22, it seems the reservation was converted as is. Not that I couldn’t live with a Big Bend but decided the Badlands made more sense. I’ve emailed Granger for clarification.
You can change your order until you receive your vin. After that it’s all locked in.

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What if your color isn’t offered going forward. I hear rumors of Cyber Orange being discontinued.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if your color isn’t offered going forward. I hear rumors of Cyber Orange being discontinued.
I’ve only heard those rumors from people who have their heart set on cyber orange and are worried they won’t be able to get it… I don’t recall ever seeing actual evidence it would be discontinued…

…but to answer your question: then you wouldn’t be able to get cyber orange…

(the green color not being considered “comparable” was speculation on my part… not all colors cost the same, but Ford could very easily say updated colors don’t count against price protection)

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You can change your order until you receive your vin. After that it’s all locked in.
Thanks, I’m aware I can change my order. The bigger question is the implication on price protection.

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve only heard those rumors from people who have their heart set on cyber orange and are worried they won’t be able to get it… I don’t recall ever seeing actual evidence it would be discontinued…

…but to answer your question: then you wouldn’t be able to get cyber orange…

(the green color not being considered “comparable” was speculation on my part… not all colors cost the same, but Ford could very easily say updated colors don’t count against price protection)
It could save me $595 😂
https://www.hotcars.com/ford-exec-teases-new-2022-bronco-colors-cyber-orange-unlikely/

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With all of the pricing increases for commodities we should be thankful Ford is offering price protection. I bet we see serious price increases for anything not ordered before the date they mentioned.
Sponsored