TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh good gracious! Sorry dumb blonde here. I meant side mirrors not windows. 🤦🏼‍♀️
The side mirrors on all Broncos are not powered for opening or folding closed. Manual only.
Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The side mirrors on all Broncos are not powered for opening or folding closed. Manual only.
If the price for replacing the mirrors wasn't already bad enough, imagine if they were power folding.

Sidenote, I would definitely swallow the cost if they were power folding. Would be super neat.

Redhalo7

Badlands
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for some help here.

Looking to change DRL to amber so I switched the 726-43-01 to 0404 and it doesn't give me front blinkers at night. They stay solid amber. During the day, they work as expected.

I am looking to have amber DRLs at all times with blinkers when activated, am I using the wrong setting?

I did cycle through them all and it didn't seem to work on any.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Redhalo7

Badlands
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for some help here.

Looking to change DRL to amber so I switched the 726-43-01 to 0404 and it doesn't give me front blinkers at night. They stay solid amber. During the day, they work as expected.

I am looking to have amber DRLs at all times with blinkers when activated, am I using the wrong setting?

I did cycle through them all and it didn't seem to work on any.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

No dice here? I'm sure somebody has this working, did I miss a setting or need to cycle through another step?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does disabling the seatbelt minder in FORScan disable the chime that sounds 4 times when you start the vehicle?

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Or would that be the "key-in ignition" setting? Found that one odd since we have a fob...

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had my “doo doo doo” disabled when I open the doors, and somehow it has gone off a couple times recently. The times it has gone off, the little start screen where the rocks turn into a horse was blank.

More importantly though, has anyone figured out how to enable the front cameras when you’re not in 4L?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had my “doo doo doo” disabled when I open the doors, and somehow it has gone off a couple times recently. The times it has gone off, the little start screen where the rocks turn into a horse was blank.

More importantly though, has anyone figured out how to enable the front cameras when you’re not in 4L?
Baja Mode in 2 High will do it.

Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Really hoping someone figures out a solution in Forscan for full time use of the cameras without drive mode limitations. Seems like a number of folks are looking for this option and saw mentioned there is the option of the after market module that can be plugged in to allow full time use of the cameras but seems like it should be able to be done in Forscan to avoid the cost and pulling apart the dash. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/mo-zone-lighting-and-mo-cameras-forscan.37009/

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really hoping someone figures out a solution in Forscan for full time use of the cameras without drive mode limitations. Seems like a number of folks are looking for this option and saw mentioned there is the option of the after market module that can be plugged in to allow full time use of the cameras but seems like it should be able to be done in Forscan to avoid the cost and pulling apart the dash. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/mo-zone-lighting-and-mo-cameras-forscan.37009/

This is just a theory and long shot but you could try the below change in the IPMB (7B1). This is the Image Processing Module B and handles all the camera functions when you have 360 cameras. There is a feature of it called VSS Sleep which takes the vehicle speed signal from the PCM and cuts off the cameras at the threshold dictated. I'm out of town and can't try it right now. The IPMB is generally not critical at all so at the worst the command won't work or it won't even accept the flash so chances of messing anything up are very minimal. At best however, it'll turn off VSS Sleep allowing the cameras to remain functional above 10 MPH. I don't have a breakdown for the IPMB and am basically just taking a stab in the dark off one from a Kuga.

7B1-01-01*xxxxxxxxx--8 = Default setting for my Badlands
7 = Possibly turns off VSS Sleep

Edit: Just from reading regarding the Kuga which doesn't mean it correlates to our Bronco, I have seen talk of adding 1 or subtracting 1 from your default setting. The final judgement seemed to be subtract so that's what I suggested but you could also try adding 1 (so it would be 9) if it doesn't work. Again, long shot.

Last edited:

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is just a theory and long shot but you could try the below change in the IPMB (7B1). This is the Image Processing Module B and handles all the camera functions when you have 360 cameras. There is a feature of it called VSS Sleep which takes the vehicle speed signal from the PCM and cuts off the cameras at the threshold dictated. I'm out of town and can't try it right now. The IPMB is generally not critical at all so at the worst the command won't work or it won't even accept the flash so chances of messing anything up are very minimal. At best however, it'll turn off VSS Sleep allowing the cameras to remain functional above 10 MPH. I don't have a breakdown for the IPMB and am basically just taking a stab in the dark off one from a Kuga.

7B1-01-01*xxxxxxxxx--8 = Default setting for my Badlands
7 = Possibly turns off VSS Sleep

Edit: Just from reading regarding the Kuga which doesn't mean it correlates to our Bronco, I have seen talk of adding 1 or subtracting 1 from your default setting. The final judgement seemed to be subtract so that's what I suggested but you could also try adding 1 (so it would be 9) if it doesn't work. Again, long shot.
Thanks, Drew. Appreciate the intel. I used both 7 and 9 but it had no effect. Still results in the safety warning message on the screen if press video button when driving greater than whatever the threshold speed is (7 or 8 mph). Hopefully, someone else can try to confirm just in case I did something wrong.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, Drew. Appreciate the intel. I used both 7 and 9 but it had no effect. Still results in the safety warning message on the screen if press video button when driving greater than whatever the threshold speed is (7 or 8 mph). Hopefully, someone else can try to confirm just in case I did something wrong.
It might just be how it is. Could be further offset than that so might be plus or minus 2 or 3 but I can’t mess with it myself to rule that out. On the Kuga this resulted in allowing you to use the rear camera while driving so I don’t even know if it’s globally controlling all cameras or just the rear. I still am under the firm belief that the forward cameras are locked out exclusively by the PCM signal that sends vehicle speed to the APIM. Hence why a hardware modification is really the only way around this.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Odd, but that’s what it is. You answered your own question.
Ok... does the engine have to be running for this? It did for the 2 other things I've done. But I read a description of a change for something else and their instructions didn'n mention starting the engine. Also, there's "IPC Module Configuration (AS BUILT format)" and then "IPC Module Configuration". I went into the second one and there was just a setting to Enable or Disable. Tried to just select Disable. It didn't take. Go for the other one and change the number? Also, which block of characters gets changed? The 0A27 or 50AB?

Ford Bronco FORScan Bronco Working Spreadsheet (double honk, sport mode, chimes, seatbelts, and more!) 2

Ford Bronco FORScan Bronco Working Spreadsheet (double honk, sport mode, chimes, seatbelts, and more!) 3

Sorry for the newb questions. For previous changes I've made I followed a video step by step and had no problems.

Thanks!
Sponsored