Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've disabled ASS and double honk, and gave Sport mode to my Badlands already, but would love to also enable these two items. I've been watching the forums, but haven't seen a definitive "not possible" yet. Has anyone dug into it yet?
  • Enable zone lighting without having to turn off headlamps. Currently, when enabling zone lighting, the screen gives me an instruction to turn off my headlights. Really ruins the party trick.
  • Enable camera options when in on-road Goat modes. e.g. Enable front camera in normal GOAT mode while traveling at speed, or tire cameras when parking.
Sponsored

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am just about to add the same things you already have to mine. About the headlights though, Did you have them set to auto or actually turned on? I was messing with the zone lighting the other night and it didn't tell me to turn my headlights off, but I keep mine set to auto.

Bled656

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've disabled ASS and double honk, and gave Sport mode to my Badlands already, but would love to also enable these two items. I've been watching the forums, but haven't seen a definitive "not possible" yet. Has anyone dug into it yet?
  • Enable zone lighting without having to turn off headlamps. Currently, when enabling zone lighting, the screen gives me an instruction to turn off my headlights. Really ruins the party trick.
  • Enable camera options when in on-road Goat modes. e.g. Enable front camera in normal GOAT mode while traveling at speed, or tire cameras when parking.
I think there is a setting to enable or disable turning off the headlights with the zone lightning… i would need to go check in my bronco

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am just about to add the same things you already have to mine. About the headlights though, Did you have them set to auto or actually turned on? I was messing with the zone lighting the other night and it didn't tell me to turn my headlights off, but I keep mine set to auto.
I keep mine on auto and I think I have to turn them to parking lights or maybe off to use zone lighting.

Sponsored

Marshhunt

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
bounce and subscribed.
I hope someone smarter than me solves the camera thing.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would like to see this solved. It irritates the shit out of me that I have to cycle over to an offroad mode to get the tire cams up.
bounce and subscribed.
I hope someone smarter than me solves the camera thing.

Not sure on Zone lighting mods with forscan

I dont think cam toggle is possible with forscan (at least yet) but you can gain this feature by installing 4dtech's 360 cam and text/nav in motion CANopener modules. I have them installed and can toggle the cams on at any speed and in any GOAT mode.

4dtech - CANopener Motion Unlock + 360° Camera Unlock

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like to keep the rear camera on while driving

Marshhunt

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base

I dont think cam toggle is possible with forscan (at least yet) but you can gain this feature by installing 4dtech's 360 cam and text/nav in motion CANopener modules. I have them installed and can toggle the cams on at any speed and in any GOAT mode.

Thanks for this! Just so I understand, the Front Tire view is always available?

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for this! Just so I understand, the Front Tire view is always available?
The forward cams can be toggled on. This includes the grille cam and the cams mounted to the side mirrors.

Sponsored

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@j_anderson how hard was it to install? I have bought it but can bring myself to tear into the dash and install it. Their instructions a lacking.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It took some time! It wasn’t hard but you have to take the dash apart. You have to get behind the screen to the connector.
Be sure to seat this connector and check it before reassembling everything. Trust me when I say don’t skip this part. I did and had to take it all back apart because I didn’t have it fully seated.

There is also a rear bolt holding the 360 cam module in the passenger foot well that is a B to get to.

Ask them to send you the drawings for dash disassembly. They are detailed instructions from the ford factory service manual.

feralc

Outer Banks
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would love to have these features you listed as well, good thinking!!
Did you find a way?
thanks

Marshhunt

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
The forward cams can be toggled on. This includes the grille cam and the cams mounted to the side mirrors.
Just installed the https://www.4dtech.com/canopener-motion-unlock-360-camera-unlock/
It does NOT provide all forward views as advertised. The main reason I bought it is I wanted the side-of-the-tire view that is ONLY available when in Baja or Rock Crawl GOAT modes. I needed it to avoid the freezer when I am pulling in my garage. I am disappointed and considering returning it but I hate to pull the dash apart again.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just installed the https://www.4dtech.com/canopener-motion-unlock-360-camera-unlock/
It does NOT provide all forward views as advertised. The main reason I bought it is I wanted the side-of-the-tire view that is ONLY available when in Baja or Rock Crawl GOAT modes. I needed it to avoid the freezer when I am pulling in my garage. I am disappointed and considering returning it but I hate to pull the dash apart again.
Mine shows all views front and both side cams. Can view in panorama, or 360 view
Sponsored