Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg tdi ,Touareg v8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Check out my vid...?
I wish I would have seen this video 2 weeks ago. (i have been fumbling through trying to load the license key) Even with all the info out there, this video shows exactly what to expect when attempting to work with the Forscan system.
Well done!
Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 22 but is it fine to enable extra GOAT modes on all trims, builds? I have Big Bend with SAS. Would like to enable them, Global windows and eliminate double horn. when key leaves vehicle.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I would have seen this video 2 weeks ago. (i have been fumbling through trying to load the license key) Even with all the info out there, this video shows exactly what to expect when attempting to work with the Forscan system.
Well done!
Hey, thanks...
Sorry for your issues. Once you tool around with it awhile, it becomes much easier. đź‘Ť

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have it working on my 23 using OBDLink EX. Usually a PC reboot with it connected will fix any connection hang ups when first connecting.

Sponsored

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that it ea
I've already done mods to three other fellow Chicago Bronco folks. I'm happy to help you with yours using my Forscan license.
If it helps ease you, I've also performed similar CAN BUS modifications to modern Porsches (PIWIS and Durametric) and BMWs with no issues to date.

Ford's is one of the simpler interfaces (especially compared to BMWs).
And bricking is basically impossible because you can find your original codes online in your Ford.com profile. That's not something I've seen any other manufacturer make available to a general consumer/buyer.

DM me. Happy to help.
sy to use FORscan and I’ve done a ton of mods. Most aren’t on a spreadsheet, I’m just going in and finding what I want to change. BUT, the online database of your ASBUILT from Ford updates as you make any changes so it’s incredibly important to save your original settings the first time you plug in, before making any changes. I don’t know if the mods get uploaded during system updates, but somehow they do. Moral of the story: make a backup of your own so you truly have your original settings.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that it ea

sy to use FORscan and I’ve done a ton of mods. Most aren’t on a spreadsheet, I’m just going in and finding what I want to change. BUT, the online database of your ASBUILT from Ford updates as you make any changes so it’s incredibly important to save your original settings the first time you plug in, before making any changes. I don’t know if the mods get uploaded during system updates, but somehow they do. Moral of the story: make a backup of your own so you truly have your original settings.
^^^^. excellent point. Download your ASBUILT mapping FIRST, then make the changes.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that's not already SOP for anyone doing this . . . they really shouldn't be doing this.
Of course, I think the point we're making is that even though Ford provides everyone access to their ASBUILT codes, those codes dynamically update to reflect the changes made and are not a static representation of what your truck left the line with.

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does Forscan not offer the ability to back up and restore config? Seems like a basic feature that it should have.

Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Despite the manuals and the videos, I am not feeling confident doing this. I will bring my laptop into the garage and end up with a $50K paperweight.
Go to the motorcraft site, input your VIN and download your Asbuilt OEM file. Save it. You could literally let a monkey hit the keys and change all kind of settings - then revert back to your OEM Asbuilt file and it's just like it left the factory.

I've had to help a few friends restore their asbuilt files before. One of them was freaking out. It took my longer to get to his house than the actual fix.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Of course, I think the point we're making is that even though Ford provides everyone access to their ASBUILT codes, those codes dynamically update to reflect the changes made and are not a static representation of what your truck left the line with.
I want to make sure I'm understanding what you are saying here...you're saying that the asbuilt files for a specific VIN provided by Ford - may not match up to what a truck may have when it leaves the line?

If so - that's news to me. I've been using FORSCAN since I got a '17 Mustang back in '17. Never seen an issue on multiple Asbuilt restores on highly modded Mustangs that were sold / traded in. For the Mustangs I worked on, including my own 17 and 19 I had, the main changes besides small option / convenience changes were involved with swapping Sync 3 into base models and swapping in digital instrument clusters. Heck, I made a lot of experimental changes on my '19 when it was a month or so old (I bought it new) and ended up figuring out how to get drive modes working on a base GT (line lock for example) - the codes / lines had changed in '19.

It's a great tool. I know a few Ford techs who use it because it does some things IDS won't / can't and many times it's easier / faster to use.

It also saved a friend a TON of money because he bought a totaled Mustang and was able to use generic / other Mustang / Ford product sensors / modules (part numbers matched up) from junkyards and program them for his project.

And the purchased / extended license from FORSCAN is WELL worth it. I did this when I went to make some changes on my wife's '22 Bronco when we first got it last year. Global window close wouldn't work - error writing to the module. Emailed FORSCAN support, they emailed me a 'test' version of FORSCAN and I was able to make changes to the mentioned module.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to make sure I'm understanding what you are saying here...you're saying that the asbuilt files for a specific VIN provided by Ford - may not match up to what a truck may have when it leaves the line?

If so - that's news to me. I've been using FORSCAN since I got a '17 Mustang back in '17. Never seen an issue on multiple Asbuilt restores on highly modded Mustangs that were sold / traded in........
Yes, Your ASBUILT Bronco codes which any consumer can find here, will update to the changed version and overwrite your original ASBUILT codes: https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt/Details

I'll repeat that because it's important....
You must download your original ASBUILT codes from that site BEFORE making ANY changes. After changes are made, the info on that site will update to the new codes the next time your vehicle syncs and you will no longer have any record (to my knowledge) of your original ASBUILT module codes.

I do not know how this applies to older models like your 17 mustang example. Do those update to the FoMoCo mother ship? If not and that vehicle has some accessible module code repository like this, then you would have your original ASBUILT codes always accessible.

I don't know of any other resource with the original codes but that would be great to know if someone has that info.

Last edited:

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go to the motorcraft site, input your VIN and download your Asbuilt OEM file. Save it. You could literally let a monkey hit the keys and change all kind of settings - then revert back to your OEM Asbuilt file and it's just like it left the factory.

I've had to help a few friends restore their asbuilt files before. One of them was freaking out. It took my longer to get to his house than the actual fix.
Those codes are not what your vehicle left the line with if you make any changes with FORScan. That’s why I mentioned this.