Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That is a pickle fork hammer!
for striking these?
Ford Bronco Found a pretty cool onboard tool kit pickle fork

did not know they made a special hammer for that.

Either that or I am just slow enough not to register the usefulness of a 16 oz framing hammer....
Which is more probable....

You need to understand that I am only 5'9" and there are many things that are over my head!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

By chance, will that same puller in your kit also remove these dumbass windshield wipers? 🤔
You don’t need a puller. I have had mine off several times. Just remove the cap and nut, slide a large crescent wrench behind/between the arm and cowling, then tap with a hammer on the threads. Don’t need to use a lot of force.
Ford Bronco Found a pretty cool onboard tool kit IMG_1664

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I carry a 32oz hammer, bailing wire and electrical tape! Duct Tape is for astronauts which is another level of professionalism.
that is a bit insulting. I used to be contractor for NASA and we did NOT use duct tape. It was $500 a roll “special anti gravity tape”. So easy on the sarcasm please.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

that is a bit insulting. I used to be contractor for NASA and we did NOT use duct tape. It was $500 a roll “special anti gravity tape”. So easy on the sarcasm please.
I need details on this tape! Does it stick in the cold of space? I lost my respect for duct tape in the middle of winter in Iowa. Gorilla tape is somewhat okay but freezes before the glue sets.

Sponsored

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Snacktime We didn’t use no stinking tape. 🤣 Threaded fasteners and fancy shear pins. Getting dynamic loads to design for was and still is always the challenge Very hard to predict accurately, even with high res fancy simulations, and not much room for high factors of safety due to obvious weight constraints. Lots of testing and dynamic shaker tables.

Similar to off roading, dynamic loads are hard to predict. thermal loads on the other hand are a bitch. They are real and you can’t get away from them. I recommend you drop the tape. For a mere 1.2 million I am sure I can put together an overly complex system that is bound to fail. You think bronco tax is high. 🤣

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Snacktime We didn’t use no stinking tape. 🤣 Threaded fasteners and fancy shear pins. Getting dynamic loads to design for was and still is always the challenge Very hard to predict accurately, even with high res fancy simulations, and not much room for high factors of safety due to obvious weight constraints. Lots of testing and dynamic shaker tables.

Similar to off roading, dynamic loads are hard to predict. thermal loads on the other hand are a bitch. They are real and you can’t get away from them. I recommend you drop the tape. For a mere 1.2 million I am sure I can put together an overly complex system that is bound to fail. You think bronco tax is high. 🤣
Use to get drunk and load earthquakes into the shaker table in the seismic lab after the bars closed. I have been in every recorded 7.0 and higher earth quake prior to 2007. Makes me miss college!

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve seen a few folks looking for a tool kit to carry onboard. Well, me too! I came across this BoxoUSA UTV tool roll and it’s pretty nice and fairly compact…66 pieces, although I did add a few extras. I was interested in a tool roll mostly because they’re organized and didn’t want any rattling. Boxo also has an off-road kit & “King of the Hammers” kit. It’s an 80 piece bag style kit. I did not opt for it because of the size and it was substantially more money. Since getting my UTV kit, they reduced the price of the off-road kit…it is now only $15 more than the UTV kit (dang it, missed out again 🤣)
BoxoUSA Also offers a 15% discount for military and first responders.
The UTV kit has room for more than what is in the kit with an extra pocket and two extra sleeves. I added a 1/2” ratchet, 1/2” drive 21 mm deep well, Ares 13” extendable indexing pry bar, Klein side cutters and wire stripping crimped, circuit tester, electrical tape, electrical connectors, snap ring pliers, misc. zip ties, duct tape.
I had already added all the 1/4” drive torx bits to the issued Bronco kit in the glove box and a tire plug kit in the cargo floor storage area. Also, I carry a Milwaukee 18 volt air compressor below the M2M cargo shelf. What do you all think, anything I should add?
Anyhow, hope this helps someone out. Pics Included…the pic of the tools above the kit show the tools I added.

I was looking at these for my Ram truck a while back. They were new enough there weren't a lot of industry reviews. A real world review would be greatly appreciated. A little (y) (y) or (n)(n) would be nice before dropping that kind of coin. Thanks

Sponsored

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Use to get drunk and load earthquakes into the shaker table in the seismic lab after the bars closed. I have been in every recorded 7.0 and higher earth quake prior to 2007. Makes me miss college!
indeed. I enjoyed the labs and the freedom. Went to graduate school just so I could play with the cool equipment. When I started working everything got way to serious.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

My basic kit…been Carrying it for over 50 years…handed down from grandpa…
That's back when they made adjustable wrenches that worked well as a hammer. I'd swear that was the prybar from the old Urban Trunk Monkey video.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I need details on this tape! Does it stick in the cold of space? I lost my respect for duct tape in the middle of winter in Iowa. Gorilla tape is somewhat okay but freezes before the glue sets.
The details are, no kidding, a secret. NASA can't be seen as advertising a preference to a manufacturer. It's grey tape aka duct tape and Kapton tape aka super fancy electrical tape. But the specs are proprietary. Kapton tape

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The details are, no kidding, a secret. NASA can't be seen as advertising a preference to a manufacturer. It's grey tape aka duct tape and Kapton tape aka super fancy electrical tape. But the specs are proprietary. Kapton tape
Damn Kapton tape is super high class. We use it in semiconductor a lot.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Damn Kapton tape is super high class. We use it in semiconductor a lot.
Does it degrade to a sticky mess like most electrical tape? Just curious and probably wouldn't want to pay for it:)
Sponsored