Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Supercrew Platinum 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made a post earlier about a tool kit I was putting together for my Bronco. Based on some of the feedback I received from you all, I think I pretty much have it where I want it. This is just tools to help with repairs. My recovery gear is separate from this.

BoxoUSA UTV Tool kit (tool roll) plus I added these to the kit- 1/4” driver, 1/2” ratchet, 21mm deep well, snap ring pliers, pickle fork, circuit tester, side cutter, wire stripper/crimper, electrical tape with various electrical connectors, duct tape, zip ties, extendable indexing pry bar. That’s what is in the tool roll I keep strapped down in the cargo area. Separately….

*Milwaukee M18 inflator with added locking air chuck. (Also secured in the cargo area)
*Tire plug kit with spare valve stems and stem remover. Spare inner tie rod with boot and clamps. Jumper cables. (Stored in trunk under cargo area)
*Added a good tire gauge, 1/4” driver, multi screwdriver, Leatherman tool and 1/4” sockets to the OEM Bronco tool kit kept in the glove box.
Pretty tidy overall. You can never prepare for everything, but I think this is a pretty good trail kit.

P.S.-Warn Zeon 10S with wireless controller and Factor 55 Flatlink is enroute. North Ridge 4x4 has a great sale going on now with free shipping. Can’t wait. Now if I can just save up enough to get the ARB Summit bumper, I think I’ll be pretty set…for now anyways😉

Ford Bronco Finishing up Bronco Tool Kit IMG_0728

Ford Bronco Finishing up Bronco Tool Kit IMG_0724

Ford Bronco Finishing up Bronco Tool Kit IMG_0705
Sponsored

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice kit. If you look at the various posts about (common) failures out on a trail, what spares do you think you would need to carry? It’s great to have tools but for the lack of a sensor or fuel pump, or ? we are still stranded.
I don’t know if anyone has made a list of the “critical path” components that might be easy to replace, high fail/low reliability, it seems to be a complex vehicle when compared to old school simple trail rigs.

carljackson04

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LLY ex cab LT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I made a post earlier about a tool kit I was putting together for my Bronco. Based on some of the feedback I received from you all, I think I pretty much have it where I want it. This is just tools to help with repairs. My recovery gear is separate from this.

BoxoUSA UTV Tool kit (tool roll) plus I added these to the kit- 1/4” driver, 1/2” ratchet, 21mm deep well, snap ring pliers, pickle fork, circuit tester, side cutter, wire stripper/crimper, electrical tape with various electrical connectors, duct tape, zip ties, extendable indexing pry bar. That’s what is in the tool roll I keep strapped down in the cargo area. Separately….

*Milwaukee M18 inflator with added locking air chuck. (Also secured in the cargo area)
*Tire plug kit with spare valve stems and stem remover. Spare inner tie rod with boot and clamps. Jumper cables. (Stored in trunk under cargo area)
*Added a good tire gauge, 1/4” driver, multi screwdriver, Leatherman tool and 1/4” sockets to the OEM Bronco tool kit kept in the glove box.
Pretty tidy overall. You can never prepare for everything, but I think this is a pretty good trail kit.

P.S.-Warn Zeon 10S with wireless controller and Factor 55 Flatlink is enroute. North Ridge 4x4 has a great sale going on now with free shipping. Can’t wait. Now if I can just save up enough to get the ARB Summit bumper, I think I’ll be pretty set…for now anyways😉

Nice kit. Gotta think there isn't much you could not fix with that collection!

OP
OP
Searchdawg

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice kit. If you look at the various posts about (common) failures out on a trail, what spares do you think you would need to carry? It’s great to have tools but for the lack of a sensor or fuel pump, or ? we are still stranded.
I don’t know if anyone has made a list of the “critical path” components that might be easy to replace, high fail/low reliability, it seems to be a complex vehicle when compared to old school simple trail rigs.
Agreed. The most common things I’ve heard or experienced for the Bronco are flat tires, dead batteries and broken inner tie rods. So, I carry an inflator, plug kit, spare valve stems, jumpers and a spare inner tie rod with boot and clamps. Of course you have to have the tools to go make those fixes. Anything could go wrong I suppose, especially for folks wheeling really hard. You can’t carry everything, but you can be prepared for the known common failures with a relatively compact cache..

Sponsored
OP
OP
Searchdawg

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! I have the TD tie rod repair kit along with most of the same tools as you. I also have a large pipe wrench, hacksaw, and pry bar. I just keep it all in a small waterproof tote in the back.

https://td-distributing.myshopify.com/products/bronco-6g-tie-rod-repair-kit
The Tricky Dick kit is awesome. The only reason I didn’t go that route was I wanted a complete tool roll that worked for most everything-including the tie rod replacement. He and I messaged and he was a huge help. Great guy. Anyhow, this is what I ended up with. Sounds like you are set up well too.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Boxo has a UTV and an Off road roll and bag combo. The latter has 14 more tools and only costs $15 more. Just wondering, why go with the UTV roll? Genuine question, so many options to consider.

https://boxousa.com/products/boxousa-utv-tool-roll-w-chrome-adjustable-wrench
https://boxousa.com/products/boxousa-tool-bag-with-tool-roll

Also looking at the Motley roll:

https://motleyind.com/products/ford-bronco-tool-kit

Would also consider Red Dog if there was more info:

https://reddogtools.com/vehicle-make/ford/

OP
OP
Searchdawg

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Boxo has a UTV and an Off road roll and bag combo. The latter has 14 more tools and only costs $15 more. Just wondering, why go with the UTV roll? Genuine question, so many options to consider.

https://boxousa.com/products/boxousa-utv-tool-roll-w-chrome-adjustable-wrench
https://boxousa.com/products/boxousa-tool-bag-with-tool-roll

Also looking at the Motley roll:

https://motleyind.com/products/ford-bronco-tool-kit

Would also consider Red Dog if there was more info:

https://reddogtools.com/vehicle-make/ford/
Good questions. I went with the Boxo UTV tool roll over the Boxo off road bag for two reasons…1.) At the time I purchased, the off road bag was more expensive than it is now, they dropped the price to within $15 one week after I received the UTV roll. There was also room in the roll to add specific tools I wanted to add. 2.) I was looking for something with a smaller footprint and wouldn’t rattle. I already carry a fairly extensive bugout kit, recovery gear, a shovel, ax, bowsaw, boomsticks and a tool kit. With my M2M cargo shelf, only about 1/3 of my cargo floor is full, leaving the remainder for groceries, etc. All my gear is secured. My first aid kit and fire extinguisher are roll bar mounted.
The Motley kit is pretty similar. The Red dog tools kit is even more $ with less bang for the buck.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good questions. I went with the Boxo UTV tool roll over the Boxo off road bag for two reasons…1.) At the time I purchased, the off road bag was more expensive than it is now, they dropped the price to within $15 one week after I received the UTV roll. There was also room in the roll to add specific tools I wanted to add. 2.) I was looking for something with a smaller footprint and wouldn’t rattle. I already carry a fairly extensive bugout kit, recovery gear, a shovel, ax, bowsaw, boomsticks and a tool kit. With my M2M cargo shelf, only about 1/3 of my cargo floor is full, leaving the remainder for groceries, etc. All my gear is secured. My first aid kit and fire extinguisher are roll bar mounted.
The Motley kit is pretty similar. The Red dog tools kit is even more $ with less bang for the buck.
So of those options (or others 🤔), what would you do given you wanted fresh setup?

OP
OP
Searchdawg

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So of those options (or others 🤔), what would you do given you wanted fresh setup?
Well, it’s really personal preference. Depends on what tools and equipment you feel you need to carry, if it’s always with you or just when wheeling, how much room you want to take up and if you can deal with rattles. I am pretty happy with my set up. Boxo tools are great quality, but the UTV roll and even the off road kit didn’t have everything I wanted…like stuff to change out an inner tie rod for example. I added some Craftsman and Klein stuff and feel pretty good. There are plenty of good tool kits out there, but if the tools don’t fit the stuff on your vehicle, they aren’t worth much. I definitely don’t want to carry any more weight or take up any more room than what’s needed for the most common emergencies.

Sponsored

Syringe

Badlands
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 ZX-10R, '21 Z H2 SE, '13 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to be repetitive - I put this in another tool thread as well. Having a way to fix a leaking hose is, I think, important. Maybe unlucky, but I've had to do that twice. A couple of extra hose clamps of various sizes to hold the patch on until you make it out can be a lifesaver. I happened to have tin snips with me, cut up a beverage can, sealed around it with gorilla tape, and used two clamps over that to hold pressure over the pinpoint hole [lower rad hose] - made it 35 miles home with just seepage and normal engine temps.

OP
OP
Searchdawg

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to be repetitive - I put this in another tool thread as well. Having a way to fix a leaking hose is, I think, important. Maybe unlucky, but I've had to do that twice. A couple of extra hose clamps of various sizes to hold the patch on until you make it out can be a lifesaver. I happened to have tin snips with me, cut up a beverage can, sealed around it with gorilla tape, and used two clamps over that to hold pressure over the pinpoint hole [lower rad hose] - made it 35 miles home with just seepage and normal engine temps.
I carry a self sealing rubberized tape wrap. Not sure how it will hold up under heat and pressure as I haven’t had the occasion to use it yet. It’s advertised for that purpose, but hope I never have to use it.

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone, I work for Motley Industries and can answer any questions regarding the Ford OEM Bronco Tool Kit mentioned above.

I think you will find the tools are high-quality. They are made with the same technical specifications as the Ingersol Rand hand tools out on the market currently. Plus they have a lifetime warranty if anything does happen.

Also, the tie rods can be serviced with the included adjustable wrench and locking pliers. From memory, I believe the tie rods are 21mm, which the adjustable wrench covers.

For those of you who have the tool kit let me know what you think. Note we also make several other accessories for the Bronco and are always coming up with new helpful kit. Cheers.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello everyone, I work for Motley Industries and can answer any questions regarding the Ford OEM Bronco Tool Kit mentioned above.

I think you will find the tools are high-quality. They are madeI with the same technical specifications as the Ingersol Rand hand tools out on the market currently. Plus they have a lifetime warranty if anything does happen.

Also, the tie rods can be serviced with the included adjustable wrench and locking pliers. From memory, I believe the tie rods are 21mm, which the adjustable wrench covers.

For those of you who have the tool kit let me know what you think. Note we also make several other accessories for the Bronco and are always coming up with new helpful kit. Cheers.

Eric,

My Adventure Designs tool kit for my Tiger 800XCx came with a steel multi tool that has the larger sizes cut into it and is sturdy enough to hit with a hammer for encouragement.

It's really meant for removing the wheels, but also works great as a second wrench for 21mm, 17mm and 2 others (I'd need to look).

It would be nice if you could include something like this in the kit.

Screenshot_20240313_104610_Chrome.jpg

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eric,

My Adventure Designs tool kit for my Tiger 800XCx came with a steel multi tool that has the larger sizes cut into it and is sturdy enough to hit with a hammer for encouragement.

It's really meant for removing the wheels, but also works great as a second wrench for 21mm, 17mm and 2 others (I'd need to look).

It would be nice if you could include something like this in the kit.

Ford Bronco Finishing up Bronco Tool Kit Screenshot_20240313_104610_Chrome
That is a sweet kit. The Bronco kit includes impact-rated sockets and a breaker bar, which, I think you will find, covers stubborn fasteners or lug nuts. If you need an impact tool to remove really tough bolts, we also sell a cool compact 12v electric impact tool. https://motleyind.com/products/12v-impact-wrench-for-roadside-tire-changes
Sponsored