jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m confused. Is webasto making the mod top AND the mic top? Is this article referring to ALL hardtops?

We knew the mod top was delayed but they are now saying the MIC is causing delays too? Again, very confused since they aren’t specifying between mic and mod

I presume what they meant is that webasto makes them both. We knew mod tops were delayed. mic became the universal default hardtop to keep everything on schedule. Now webasto also can’t deliver on mic. And instead of shipping everything out with a soft top (which I guess is impossible given the 2 door) they decided to push everything out.

do I have that right? Because if that’s true then 1. The mic is in jeopardy for the 4 door and we may find out we take delivery with a soft top. And 2. Those that are giddy that a minor delay could put you in a position to get a mod top is false. If it’s the same supplier struggling to make the mic in time, then the mod tops won’t be top priority and will be pushed out too.

Last edited:

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why not just make 4 door soft tops without squatch the first month. Works for me.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m confused. Is webasto making the mod top AND the mic top? Is this article referring to ALL hardtops?

We knew the mod top was delayed but they are now saying the MIC is causing delays too? Again, very confused since they aren’t specifying between mic and mod

I presume what they meant is that webasto makes them both. We knew mod tops were delayed. mic became the universal default hardtop to keep everything on schedule. Now webasto also can’t delivery on mic. And instead of shipping everything out with a soft top (which I guess is impossible given the 2 door) they decided to push everything out.

do I have that right?
The message seems to imply the are no tops, hard, soft, ugly or beautiful.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I presume what they meant is that webasto makes them both. We knew mod tops were delayed. mic became the universal default hardtop to keep everything on schedule. Now webasto also can’t deliver on mic. And instead of shipping everything out with a soft top (which I guess is impossible given the 2 door) they decided to push everything out.

do I have that right? Because if that’s true then 1. The mic is in jeopardy for the 4 door and we may find out we take delivery with a soft top. And 2. Those that are giddy that a minor delay could put you in a position to get a mod top is false. If it’s the same supplier struggling to make the mic in time, then the mod tops won’t be top priority and will be pushed out too.
Webasto makes MIC, mod, and a key component of the soft. Without them operating well no Broncos for us

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dear Ford ..we will take the soft tops now and pay and get our hard top at our dealer later

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread is fun.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If one more person claims the tops are being made in China, I'm going to scream.

Both the hard top and soft top are being made in Plymouth, Michigan. The hard top at the new plant at the corner of Haggerty and Schoolcraft and the soft top at the plant on Keel Street off of 5 mile.
LOL I give up.
Ford Bronco Freep: Delay due to Bronco removable top supplier issue D2A92940-2E93-45F6-8183-C328ED75AA04

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Webasto is manufacturing roofs in a new plant in Wuhan as of fall of 19/20(this year). The new plant produces 1.5 million roofs per year, with approximately 6.5M roof built in China. They have 11 Chinese manufacturing plants. They are a global company. I'd like to see some information on their US manufacturing and parts sourcing that is directly impacting the Ford vehicles.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Webasto is manufacturing roofs in a new plant in Wuhan as of fall of 19/20(this year). The new plant produces 1.5 million roofs per year, with approximately 6.5M roof built in China. They have 11 Chinese manufacturing plants. They are a global company. I'd like to see some information on their US manufacturing and parts sourcing that is directly impacting the Ford vehicles.
Are you joking around or is this serious. Sometimes sarcasm is lost through typing.

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands