First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's kind of a perfect storm. Low inventory everywhere, a really hard car to get, and some dealers are going to be opportunistic. Heck, I'm sure some of our customers are going to be opportunistic and try to resell and make money.

It's tough being in the OP's position when that's your build.
Yup. We are all at the mercy of the industry.
Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this discussion has me wondering...on my first build I signed the Preview Order then the Retail Sales Order. Since then I changed the build twice, each time I signed and submitted the Preview Order details that only discuss options/destination/"MSRP" and was never provided an updated Retail Sales Order.

the initial Retail Sales Order had zero dealer fee listed, no ADM, just your standard taxes/fees. Is that sufficient even after I changed my build specs and acknowledged the new Preview Order sheets?

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not sure if that is Fremont California or not but there is a badlands 4 door for 15k above msrp at Serramonte

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone have their order with Livermore Ford?
My dealings with them have always been better than some other local Ford dealers, so that's why I chose them.

They usually respond to my emails, not that they have any more info than the folks here do.
My dirt mountain build will probably be sitting for a couple more months of course.

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
this discussion has me wondering...on my first build I signed the Preview Order then the Retail Sales Order. Since then I changed the build twice, each time I signed and submitted the Preview Order details that only discuss options/destination/"MSRP" and was never provided an updated Retail Sales Order.

the initial Retail Sales Order had zero dealer fee listed, no ADM, just your standard taxes/fees. Is that sufficient even after I changed my build specs and acknowledged the new Preview Order sheets?
Id go back and get a signed agreement. Maybe even throw some money down.

Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
How is it that when people get price quotes (in good faith) from scumbag dealers (unknown to them as being such) then when they get screwed, some people on this forum, the crowd turns against them "Why didn't you get a purchase order??!!"
Who would expect to get a PO without a VIN a year ahead?
Some of you guys are as bad as the scumbag dealer. Try and get a legally binding PO on a vehicle without a VIN.!!
Ease up on the guy, the scumbag dealer here is at fault, as is anyone who would pay 80k for a mid level 4 cylinder with MT. JMO.

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is it that when people get price quotes (in good faith) from scumbag dealers (unknown to them as being such) then when they get screwed, some people on this forum, the crowd turns against them "Why didn't you get a purchase order??!!"
Who would expect to get a PO without a VIN a year ahead?
Some of you guys are as bad as the scumbag dealer. Try and get a legally binding PO on a vehicle without a VIN.!!
Ease up on the guy, the scumbag dealer here is at fault, as is anyone who would pay 80k for a mid level 4 cylinder with MT. JMO.
if I wanted to spend $80k, Iā€™d have a Land Rover defender that was already delivered six months ago. Dealers are delusional.

I donā€™t blame people for Jumping on people and offering good advice to get price locked down.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is actually my build, I tried to ask them for MSRP and they wouldnā€™t budge on $5k ADM. they never mentioned ADM until it was in transit, but I donā€™t have a signed purchase order to provide any leverage.

itā€™s hilarious that they are comping it to a 2.7L FE build. I think they will have a harder time moving it as a manual.
Doing my part on Twitter. Don't f with my Bronco brothers and sisters!
Ford Bronco Fremont Ford - email today Screenshot_20210828-232316_Twitter

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
if I wanted to spend $80k, Iā€™d have a Land Rover defender that was already delivered six months ago. Dealers are delusional.
Yes agreed. Ford literally could not of done a worse job with reservations.

I donā€™t blame people for Jumping on people and offering good advice to get price locked down.
So advice after the fact about a decision made over a year ago helps no one.
That's not constructive advice just talk. A purchase order without a VIN is the same as a verbal promise.
It wont hold up in court.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have their order with Livermore Ford?
My dealings with them have always been better than some other local Ford dealers, so that's why I chose them.

They usually respond to my emails, not that they have any more info than the folks here do.
My dirt mountain build will probably be sitting for a couple more months of course.
I used to live in Livermore and had a blow out with them ( whole other story) when trying to buy a 2013 Ford Explorer, and they refunded me my deposit, and told me to leave their store. As of three years ago their ratings on everything was a three star out of five.

Later after the blow out, In 2016, I found an ad for a 2016 Ford Edge that was amazing. They didnā€™t want to honor it, until I showed them the ad on my phone. Even the finance guy didnā€™t want to do it and went to the manager, and double checked and eventually honored their mistake ad. I would not pick them as my first choice. I hope you got yours in writing and put some dollars down to seal the deal.

Good luck!

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used to live in Livermore and had a blow out with them ( whole other story) when trying to buy a 2013 Ford Explorer, and they refunded me my deposit, and told me to leave their store. As of three years ago their ratings on everything was a three star out of five.

Later after the blow out, In 2016, I found an ad for a 2016 Ford Edge that was amazing. They didnā€™t want to honor it, until I showed them the ad on my phone. Even the finance guy didnā€™t want to do it and went to the manager, and double checked and eventually honored their mistake ad. I would not pick them as my first choice. I hope you got yours in writing and put some dollars down to seal the deal.

Good luck!
Well, that's not good.
Looking at local Ford dealers I see they all have pretty lousy ratings, from yelp to google and others.
I'm sure this deal has a higher chance of going south than not.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks