2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don't have SFA, rear locker is all you really need.
And just to go along with that, if one does have a SFA, if you had to choose which axle, always start with the front when installing a locker.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And it’s almost comical to me About how the B6G members talk about lockers and ordering them and how they post things when most have never been off road.

this is Not meant to be an insult to the OP. I am referring on many other post on this forum.

simple fact is peeps that never been off-road (seems like majority of prospective bronco owners fall into this categor) post things like they are experts. It forces me to not reply to many topics.

I love the guy that says 35” tires take soooooooo long to stop. He’s funny.
Just wait till all the people start complaining of road noise & mpg with their sasquatches or the whistling coming from their lightbars & roofracks because they wanted to look cool.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
From speaking on this site with some knowledgeable people and doing my own reading, I'm leaning towards a Torsen LSD in the front of my base in the future. Perhaps others could add to this.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
GM uses a locker in the M190 axle in the ZR2. But its kind of light duty, IMHO, for a locker unless the tires stay smaller. At least in the Ford version, though, the M190 differential is welded to the ring gear, so if you did swap it out later on for a locker or LSD, you'll also have to change out the ring & pinion gears. So, more cost, more labor. But maybe worthwhile if you do go off road much.
This!!!

Chevy ZR2 tops out at 30" tires with 3.73 gears.
That's the Bronco's smallest tire and shallowest gear set.

Worse for a locker in the Bronco M190 , the Chevys most powerful engine is where the Bronco 2.3L also starts from as well.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is how everyone without factory auto sway bar disconnects does it for $200.

Ford Bronco Front lockers, aftermarket?  Disco bar? front-swaybar-quick-disconnect-kit-2007-2017-jk-wranglers-lifted-2.5-6inches

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tire size, Axle strength, gearing and experience do come into play.
Absolutely correct, if understated....
Tire size, axle strength and gearing are co-dependent on each other.
Bigger tires need a stronger axle and proper gearing.
This is why I'm Squatching .... for the M210, the rest of the gear that comes with it is damn good stuff and, in my opinion, as an entire package at $5K, is one hell of a bargain.

The last time I priced E-lockers, they were $800 to $1000 EACH just for the locker ...plus install and add (assuming) new gears for the now taller tires......
did you want FORGED bead lock wheels???
Stronger differential/axle package?
All of a sudden, that $5k Sasquatch is a Bargain.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is why I'm Squatching .... for the M210, the rest of the gear that comes with it is damn good stuff and, in my opinion, as an entire package at $5K, is one hell of a bargain.

The last time I priced E-lockers, they were $800 to $1000 EACH just for the locker ...plus install and add (assuming) new gears for the now taller tires......
Exactly my thoughts. For the money, the squatch package is just too good to pass up.
You get better coilovers on all 4 corners, not just the front. You get a stronger front axle. You get lower, and what I consider better, gearing. You get lockers, whether you need them or not, you have them. I've upgraded all that stuff before, and even doing most of the labor myself, I know it would cost more than the package.

Yeah, it does look good too, although I don't care about that. I'm sure the 35s are cool, but I don't plan on keeping the wheels or tires. I want some basic 8in wheels and 285/75/17s. I figure I can swap those with money in my pocket.

I don't need or want the disco. Don't trust it for as long as I plan to own the Bronco, and figure it probably rides just as good without it altogether. I'll certainly give it a try anyway.

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am sort of in the boat as the OP. I have never taken anything other than SFA off road and I do want the hydraulic sway bar disconnect. Could I install one and do it manually? Sure, but I am getting older and the less I have to crawl under my vehicle in the dirt the better. Is it worth upgrading to the BL for that purpose alone? I am still undecided.

I am getting the Sasquatch package, when you concider the after market cost of installing all that, it is a pretty good price.

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you don't have SFA, rear locker is all you really need.
I'm assuming you mean a solid front axle by SFA?

I'm going to disagree with that. Even in an IFS RIG a front locker is really nice and gets you over a lot of shit of you want to pay in the bigger stuff.

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If what I just read is true, that the ring gears are welded on instead of bolted that makes regearing even more expensive if you have to replace the carrier assembly.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is how everyone without factory auto sway bar disconnects does it for $200.

Ford Bronco Front lockers, aftermarket?  Disco bar? front-swaybar-quick-disconnect-kit-2007-2017-jk-wranglers-lifted-2.5-6inches
And for those of us who started out this route and got tired of getting hands greasy and fighting trying to connect them back up on unlevel ground, chalked up the $ for the anti-rock system.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm assuming you mean a solid front axle by SFA?

I'm going to disagree with that. Even in an IFS RIG a front locker is really nice and gets you over a lot of shit of you want to pay in the bigger stuff.
I would think that a front locker might be more useful with IFS, since there's probably a greater chance you'll have a front tire off the ground due to less articulation than a solid axle...

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am sort of in the boat as the OP. I have never taken anything other than SFA off road and I do want the hydraulic sway bar disconnect. Could I install one and do it manually? Sure, but I am getting older and the less I have to crawl under my vehicle in the dirt the better. Is it worth upgrading to the BL for that purpose alone? I am still undecided.

I am getting the Sasquatch package, when you concider the after market cost of installing all that, it is a pretty good price.
I've done some homework on the factory hydraulic swaybar. As it is a concealed unit (hydraulically speaking), I believe it can be retrofitted to a Bronco fairly easily. I'll probably order one as soon as I take delivery of my truck (base manual sasquatch) and develop the necessary electronic controller for it. Should be simple. I imagine that swaybar from Ford (as a replacement part) isn't cheap though!

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
And for those of us who started out this route and got tired of getting hands greasy and fighting trying to connect them back up on unlevel ground, chalked up the $ for the anti-rock system.
One should always carry mechanics gloves and coveralls with the tools.
Never know when someone needs help.

The $12k spread from 2D Base to Badlands is a little wide for some of us.

Ihatecrashing

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback 2” lift/Ducati Monster 796
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To you people naysaying factory lockers unless you are "hardcore", shhhhhhhhh! How are we supposed to have pristine locked mall crawlers to pick up in the used market?!? :ROFLMAO:

I'm only joking.

Lockers are super cool, but nothing beats driving skills and line choices. I'm reminded of a TFL episode when they compared a Subaru Outback to a Nissan full-sized truck on a particular obstacle. They tackled the obstacle the same in both vehicles and the Subaru failed to make it, but from what I saw, it was line choice. Obviously the truck is more capable if the goal is to take the same line to the top, but if just getting to the top is the goal, try some alternatives!

All that to say, there will be some cool aftermarket disconnects and lockers available later on down the road. It is easier to get them from factory, but that's not always financially available immediately.
Sponsored