Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
im getting base and advanced not available on base model for some reason
The reason is because it's the base model.

I am still shocked to see people complain about options not being on the base model. The base 2 door model exists so they can market the Bronco starting under 30K. Ford doesn't want you to buy the base, dealers don't want to sell the base. That's why certain options are locked to higher trims.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
it’s - huge jump in expense for advanced. Huge.
I don’t see why it’s a big deal, this isn’t a full-size truck with a long wheel base and no weight over the rear. Auto 4wd introduces clutches to the transfer case... clutches wear out. I don’t believe realistically anyone’s missing out with the standard case.

OP
OP

Goat4454

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I am still shocked to see people complain about options not being on the base model. The base 2 door model exists so they can market the Bronco starting under 30K. Ford doesn't want you to buy the base, dealers don't want to sell the base. That's why certain options are locked to higher trims.don’t be surprised or shocked. Probably the most common type of complaint when buying a vehicle.

I am still shocked to see people complain about options not being on the base model. The base 2 door model exists so they can market the Bronco starting under 30K. Ford doesn't want you to buy the base, dealers don't want to sell the base. That's why certain options are locked to higher trims.
don’t be too shocked. It’s common

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup.

Zero interest here in a gas hog full time 4wd.

Personally I would be thrilled with a lever for the 4wd...

Amen to that !!

I prefer ✌ !!!

Ford Bronco Full-time 4x4 vs part-time 1613526667466

Sponsored

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One good reason is that all wheel drive burns more gas as you are turning 4 wheels all the time.

imagine a Sasquatch bronco turning all four 35s all the time. Your mpg would be around 10.
AWD does not power 4 wheels all the time.

Most awd design today are so advanced, you think you’re driving fwd or rwd until you hit a slippery patch. Then black magic happens, power is cut to the wheel slipping & applied to the wheel with traction. Fuel economy is negligible.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Most awd design today are so advanced, you think you’re driving fwd or rwd until you hit a slippery patch. Then black magic happens, power is cut to the wheel slipping & applied to the wheel with traction. Fuel economy is negligible.
My wife's Edge is part time AWD so you are driving a FWD most of the time.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t see why it’s a big deal, this isn’t a full-size truck with a long wheel base and no weight over the rear. Auto 4wd introduces clutches to the transfer case... clutches wear out. I don’t believe realistically anyone’s missing out with the standard case.
Agree to disagree.

A4 is a proven convenience and safety capability that I personally have enjoyed having. My current f150 does not have it and there are plenty of times in inclement weather where I’m either Switching back and forth as I hit pavement and snow, or just leaving it in 2H to not accidentally leave it in 4H on a dry section of road, but wishing I was in 4x4. Leaving it in A4 is just really convenient day to day in snowy climates that aren’t 100% covered all season, and diverts power in a very smart and effective manner that’s beyond the capability of some standard 4x4 systems. It’s definitely not necessary for off roading, it’s really for inclement weather where you aren’t in consistent conditions.

Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Without sasquatching it, you have to move up to at least a Black Diamond to get the advanced. I wasn't too happy about that either.
I'm in the same situation! I would love the Advance but it's not available on a non-sas-Big Bend.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agree to disagree.

A4 is a proven convenience and safety capability that I personally have enjoyed having. My current f150 does not have it and there are plenty of times in inclement weather where I’m either Switching back and forth as I hit pavement and snow, or just leaving it in 2H to not accidentally leave it in 4H on a dry section of road, but wishing I was in 4x4. Leaving it in A4 is just really convenient day to day in snowy climates that aren’t 100% covered all season, and diverts power in a very smart and effective manner that’s beyond the capability of some standard 4x4 systems. It’s definitely not necessary for off roading, it’s really for inclement weather where you aren’t in consistent conditions.
Also great for masking conditions.

It helps you go, not stop or steer.

The new stuff might be different but it badly needs a light or something to at least say "hey, its slick and you are in 4wd now"

The older Fords I have been around have nothing, they just do their own automatic thing.

I don't mind shifting mine manually.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also great for masking conditions.

It helps you go, not stop or steer.

The new stuff might be different but it badly needs a light or something to at least say "hey, its slick and you are in 4wd now"

The older Fords I have been around have nothing, they just do their own automatic thing.
Right I mean I’m assuming you actively are putting into that mode when you go driving in bad conditions, I’m not suggesting leaving it on 100% of the time.

Definitely agree it can make people feel more confident than they should.

stopping powwr

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
True. Except that an all wheel drive system will never beat a 4-wheel drive system in terms of traction/grip. This is why real trucks have a 4-wheel drive system.

If you want AWD then go buy a Subaru.

BTW ... The Bronco has exactly what you are describing >> Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On Demand Engagement >> 4A

Ford Bronco Full-time 4x4 vs part-time 1613538870972

Sponsored