First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Understood, but THEY should take a moment to set the correct expectations rather than everyone take a wild guess as to why they have not yet received this update. I had my Bronco in the Ford Dealer this past week for the driveshaft recall and specifically asked the dealer to address this update. They too are uninformed and guessing at what it takes, how long it takes, or what is needed to get it. They also guessed that some date range vehicles might not be eligible for it. I then asked if they specifically knew that as fact, and the answer was, "well, no, but it has happened in the past".
So again, Ford needs to communicate to us, and to their dealers. It's just a constant frustration with information or the lack thereof from Ford.

Ford tried those lies with, telling me that I was running the latest version of the software for my Bronco (1.9.0).

It's a bunch of BS that they spew. Even the tech support line told me that crap. Dealer said that they would have to charge me the ford protection extended warranty deductible to look at it (even though it never worked), much less upgrade it.

I am not going to throw a fit about having to do it myself, but I do take offense to being lied to repeatedly.

Itsdchz

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PB XLT - 2022 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Understood, but THEY should take a moment to set the correct expectations rather than everyone take a wild guess as to why they have not yet received this update. I had my Bronco in the Ford Dealer this past week for the driveshaft recall and specifically asked the dealer to address this update. They too are uninformed and guessing at what it takes, how long it takes, or what is needed to get it. They also guessed that some date range vehicles might not be eligible for it. I then asked if they specifically knew that as fact, and the answer was, "well, no, but it has happened in the past".
So again, Ford needs to communicate to us, and to their dealers. It's just a constant frustration with information or the lack thereof from Ford.
Agree 100%
Lots of factors involved, but Ford could do better on this area, as tech and adoption of new technologies is a very important experience to us as owners!

Sponsored

Wkronfeld

First Edition
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3x 2021 Bronco sports, 2021 bronco first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My first edition is on 22087 rev 415 power up 3.5.2
Bringing it in to my dealer next week, they think they can update it for me.

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting mix of quick access options in these screenshots. Some have Ambient Lighting + Climate, and then you've got neither and are missing Navigation. Did Ford follow through on the rumor that Nav was being removed from 2023 models?
I deleted NAV when I re-ordered in Sept.

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So... how did it go? Did you make it all the way through the 5GB APIM update for full screen carplay?
Well it did a bunch of updates then showed everything was current. I restarted the software this morning and it showed the APIM update available that is running now with an estimated time of 300 and something minutes. I will let you guys know what happens when that finishes. Maybe this is the final step.
Ford Bronco Fullscreen Apple CarPlay OTA Update Coming Soon! - Per Ford (Mike Levine) 7A7EE927-E268-405C-AB3F-26B908D837B2

Sponsored

fenderbender

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well it did a bunch of updates then showed everything was current. I restarted the software this morning and it showed the APIM update available that is running now with an estimated time of 300 and something minutes. I will let you guys know what happens when that finishes. Maybe this is the final step.
Ford Bronco Fullscreen Apple CarPlay OTA Update Coming Soon! - Per Ford (Mike Levine) 7A7EE927-E268-405C-AB3F-26B908D837B2
Do you have a 32GB or larger usb stick available? You're going to need it to apply that once it's downloaded. Good luck!

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you have a 32GB or larger usb stick available? You're going to need it to apply that once it's downloaded. Good luck!
Yep got a 128gig one. So I will need to move what ever it’s downloading over to a thumb drive at some point? Hopefully it says to do such a thing in the steps here.