Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know if full screen will be available for the standard 8' screen?
I believe the 8" already operates CarPlay at full screen, doesn't it? This change was meant for the 12" displays that don't do that currently.
Sponsored

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im sorry, I ment the 1/4 that mounts allows you to mount it on the top of the AR Archetype Racing Mount, I have the same bar..
Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 12.38.24 PM.png
the lower mount is AR, the rail is AR and the ball mount is AR….

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe the 8" already operates CarPlay at full screen, doesn't it? This change was meant for the 12" displays that don't do that currently.
thats great news. Don’t have the vehicle yet so I assumed the 8 didn’t have full screen. The smaller screen can use all the space it can get! Thank you for quick reply.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer says mine is up to date

it’s not

lol

whatever
I haven't asked... hate having to "go in" and wait in order to hear the same thing... probably.

Question for those with 2021 12" screen that HAS been updated... or at least GETS updates... do you guys pay for the Ford maps/nav thing? I didn't pay for it because Apple Carplay is just way better but... small fear is that you have to pay for that in order to get OTA updates? AFAIK you should NOT have to pay for that in order to get OTA but... Ford going the BMW heated seats route?

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't asked... hate having to "go in" and wait in order to hear the same thing... probably.

Question for those with 2021 12" screen that HAS been updated... or at least GETS updates... do you guys pay for the Ford maps/nav thing? I didn't pay for it because Apple Carplay is just way better but... small fear is that you have to pay for that in order to get OTA updates? AFAIK you should NOT have to pay for that in order to get OTA but... Ford going the BMW heated seats route?
I bought a laptop, adapter and FDRS
Hopefully I can figure it out

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The OEM’s want to create another revenue stream, through subscriptions. The maps app on my Expedition is good for three years, then I have to pay. My lease is for three years, so I don’t plan on paying. Besides, I use CarPlay’s maps. Mercedes just announced a subscription to enhance performance for $1200 per year. Someone that’s a techie, will figure out how to unlock the feature without paying, but this is the future in the automotive world. Right now, Apple CarPlay comes with the iPhone and is free. Let’s see how long that lasts.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2021 12” screen with full screen update. I do not pay for the navigation.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2021 12” screen with full screen update. I do not pay for the navigation.
copy. thx. annoying that I can’t see what version I’m on or force an update. my OP a few pages ago covers the info but… habt. gotten an update in some time and I don’t have the cool new features.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

copy. thx. annoying that I can’t see what version I’m on or force an update. my OP a few pages ago covers the info but… habt. gotten an update in some time and I don’t have the cool new features.
I'm not sure if this will help: I was without my screen for about 2 months due to a dead APIM. Received the car back - no update. 2 days later i sat in my driveway redoing all of my settings. I changed the update schedule to 1am daily. Next day woke up and had the full screen carplay. It might be worth editing your settings. Or not. Who knows :(

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope but it has three years included. The built in Nav kinda sucks anywhere in northern MI or the UP. Unless you like to get adventurous 100% of the time. It will send you down anything that used to be a road 100 years ago.

Sponsored

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My ‘22 Wildtrak with Lux has Sync v. 3.5.2 but has not updated to full screen Apple CarPlay.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My ‘22 Wildtrak with Lux has Sync v. 3.5.2 but has not updated to full screen Apple CarPlay.
Same here. This story went cold it seems.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure if this will help: 2 days later i sat in my driveway redoing all of my settings. I changed the update schedule to 1am daily.
Tried that... took it off "auto" and put it on a schedule and the menu was SUPER buggy like it kept resetting it to 00:01... i'll try again today, but ugh.

Nope but it has three years included.
Mine did not... i think 6mo was my "Connected Navigation" service. It auto-shut-off and Ford wants $86.88 annually to enable maps... NAH.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tried that... took it off "auto" and put it on a schedule and the menu was SUPER buggy like it kept resetting it to 00:01... i'll try again today, but ugh.

Mine did not... i think 6mo was my "Connected Navigation" service. It auto-shut-off and Ford wants $86.88 annually to enable maps... NAH.
Ouch yeah when mine runs out I will not be renewing.