Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can’t wait for those people actually regretting...hoping to snag a 2nd Bronco by the end of the year 😬

not getting 2 res is my regret..

It probably won't take that long. Was on Facebook marketplace last night and was surprised how many used Sports are already on there. There will be plenty of folks unloading their Bronco after making one or two payments.

BPMANAZ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I remember when I was MUCH younger (back in the 80's somewhere), I saw an advertisement in a magazine for a Ford Bronco. It had a Father and son sitting by a lake fishing and in the background was a Ford Bronco. Since that day, I've wanted one. Something iconic about that image has stuck with me for almost 40 years, By the time I was in a position to purchase one, they had stopped production.

To me, it said that the Bronco can be counted on to "take you there and back" safely. It is a vehicle that is safe for your family and can open up the possibility of new adventures. Now I know this is marketing at it's best and maybe a pipe dream but it's my pipe dream.

to quote Frank Sinatra..."regrets, I've had a few but then again, too few to mention"....one I will mention is never having bought one years ago so unless I drive this new one home and it falls apart in my driveway, I definitely WON'T regret purchasing it.

As far as we know, we only live once so I say make as many dreams as you can come true before your ticket gets punched. I know it's just a vehicle but think about how much time we spend in our vehicles...might as well be in one I've always wanted.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black Diamond not squatched; I got to sit in a BD with sqautch at the event.

The seats felt nice but I didn't care for the different colors and stitching. I also didn't care for the blue accents everywhere along with the different shades of grey and numerous different materials.

How can something so simple with only a few colors be so busy?

It didn't feel as small to me as many people said it felt to them but maybe that cause I'm used to being and prefer something a little more compact. I'm 5'-10" 160lbs. for what that's worth. Infact it felt plenty spacious.

Theres nothing really wrong with it and I didn't hate it. It just didn't wow me the way I'd hoped.

For my money, which it is my money Im spending on this I just did see a value above and beyond the Jeep.

There will be a wow factor on these for a year or so and the experience of being one of the first to have one will be really fun but what do I have when that wears off and people see these at every stop light just like you do now with Wranglers?

You have a vehicle that's not anymore special than a Wrangler that you live with everyday. Get the vehicle you actually want to live with everyday.

This is probably more a factor of waiting for so long and so much hype that when I finally saw it I wanted more and maybe some of its my own fault because I set expectations too high. I think a lot of other people will be every happy.
Your posts are based on sitting in one and complain about the look of the interior...

I think more than one person will say Ford dropped the ball on the interior colors or even did something unholy with the proverbial pooch.

I had my expectations too high from glowing and mouth-agape reviews on here too, but the logical side of my brain was right about its expectations from the beginning; it is about the size of a Jeep but it looks like an early Bronco.

The best evidence of what to expect from the 6G are the ride-a-long videos. Those are what still sell me on it day after day.

It seems like the Bronco didn't fit your personal taste more than anything and that's a totally respectable reason to bow out. I think the people wanting a G-wagon on the cheap, etc. are going to be the most disappointed after the New Kids on the Block feeling wears off... oh oh oh oh ohh...

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People on the forum have found a way to be unhappy with their order, color, cup holders etc etc etc, and the vehicle hasn't even arrived yet. Surely some will eject the Bronco because it won't live up their mental image...which really isn't Ford's fault.

I have simple needs. For my business, I drive a Ford Transit Connect, which is pretty damn basic, and I actually enjoy driving it. I also have a Subaru WRX. Simple, fun, not perfect, but fun. I want the Bronco to be the SUV version of that. Simple but fun. Hence my 2dr BD MT.

With that:
Does it drive equal to or better than the transit? ☑
Does the top come off? ☑
Do the doors come off? ☑
Can I enjoy some beach driving and fire roads? ☑

This is a sports car, just a different "sport".

What will disappoint me?

If the tops leak.

If there is a crazy banshee type whistle from the top.

Mechanical issues that cause too many shop visits.

Short of this, it is a fun, sports car, that is a lifestyle vehicle.

Folks need to stop overthinking this.

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The elitism here is strong. "I am a true outdoorsman and the rest of you are too dumb to figure out that you aren't." Blah blah blah.

Or

"I was taught to drive in a Bronco when I was 6 yrs old in the late 60s. I deserve this. You and your 4 doors stay off my lawn!"

Stop worrying about what other people will do with their decision and enjoy your own.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe the title should be “Future Bronco Purchase Regrets”. The way it’s written now, makes it appear that people already regret their order. 😲

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your posts are based on sitting in one and complain about the look of the interior...
Correct. I can't comment on anything else other than the exterior because I can't test drive one.

The exterior if great. I like it and it provides an excellent option for people that don't like the styling of the Jeep.

I will be spending most of my time behind the wheel so I have to like and be comfortable with the space I'm in. That's important to me. In my option the Jeep is better and its not even close.

Additionally I can drive the Jeep so I know what I like and what I don't like about how it drives and stops and so on. It certainly isn't the most comfortable or best handling but that's not why you buy a Bronco or a Jeep.

I can't do that with the Bronco. The Bronco might be AWESOME in this regard and totally blow me away. Maybe that's were Ford drops the bomb on Jeep and miss the early boat.

The thing is I can always trade my Jeep in 2 or 3 years from now when Ford has had time to make improvements to the interior.

Im not expecting the Bronco to be a luxury vehicle inside. I expect it to be at least equal to the Wrangle, not several steps behind. My 2007 Honda Element was better than the Bronco and every bit as utilitarian and rugged.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Reminds me of the promise of a time share...

I never owned a jeep but I know plenty who do. I never liked the, let's say "loose" handling of the two doors and I don't want a four door.

Are my expectations grounded and the IFS will solve my one issue with living with a jeep? Am I building it up too much and I'll be disappointed because the two door storage will be just too damn small? Will I be pleasantly surprised?

All I know is after all this I'll go to my grave before I ever admit to my wife I made a mistake ordering...
Coming from a first generation Bronco owner, I already know that a two door storage sucks! Don’t get me wrong the new four-door is cool, (and the cute little sport) but it is not a real Bronco to me, they’ve always been 2-doors. I will just modify mine to fit my own needs! My advice to new owners from different types of vehicles, is to really think about things before you purchase it, you’re not obligated at the end when it shows up at the dealer.
Although it’s kinda screwed up for them because they get dinged!
But oh well!
Good luck!🍀

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only regret would be regarding sas or not. I don't absolutely neeeeed the big tires, but maybe I should get it for the front diff from the factory. Plus I don't want that empty space/missing button on the dash :LOL:
Sponsored