Sponsored

Gaia Freezing Issue???

Does Gaia lock up for you when going into reverse or changing apps?

• Total voters

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do any of you that have Gaia Maps have the issue of it freezing/locking up when going into reverse or when changing apps? It seems like any time the SYNC screen is changed from Gaia and back, it locks up.

I'm using a Galaxy S10 & Android Auto. Has anybody had this issue and fixed it?
Sponsored

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Freezing or is it still running but the touch screen is unresponsive?
I've never had it completely freeze on me but the touch screen has been unresponsive at times. On wireless AA, S22+, T-Mobile

OP
OP
orion

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Freezing or is it still running but the touch screen is unresponsive?
I've never had it completely freeze on me but the touch screen has been unresponsive at times. On wireless AA, S22+, T-Mobile
I'll post a video of what mine does when I get home tonight. T-Mobile here too.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Off-line maps or drawing them down as needed? Gaia has been acting wonky for me the past few days, both on devices and on my PC

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had a couple of apps get a little wonky on me lately. Might be related to an update. I fixed them both by going into the app settings and clearing both the cache and app data. I don't have Gaia but that'll more than likely mean you'll have to login and download your maps again.

Sponsored

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any updates on this? I was having this issue this weekend, also on Android, I would keep having an issue where the gpx route would disappear off the screen and my location would also disappear, it would show just fine on my phone, I would have to keep plugging and unplugging the cable from my phone to get this to work, really annoying. Also had the same issue with reverse would throw it out of whack.

OP
OP
orion

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any updates on this? I was having this issue this weekend, also on Android, I would keep having an issue where the gpx route would disappear off the screen and my location would also disappear, it would show just fine on my phone, I would have to keep plugging and unplugging the cable from my phone to get this to work, really annoying. Also had the same issue with reverse would throw it out of whack.
Nope, hopefully an update fixes it. I do however run the app on my phone while it's going in android auto and that seems to help a little. Doesn’t freeze as much...

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally figured out last year that Gaia must be the primary open app on the screen on both the phone and the Bronco, otherwise, the app is mostly locked up. I've reported this to them but others need to complain.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've used Gaia as a road map on a couple of long road trips recently, not for navigation per say, just to have a decent map up on the screen to watch routes and the general area. I have found that it's possible to get the location marker back if it disappears by going back and forth with full screen, jumping over to the Ford Nav (which I think really sucks), eventually it comes back - maybe. I set up wireless charging pad and it can't quite keep up with it, phone will get hot and start shutting down apps, although Gaia could still be running on the screen. I need to try it plugged in via USB and see if that will keep up with the charging and maybe not be so flakey.

Speaking of flakey, have been trying the Bronco app as a general map, needs internet of course, but how about this. Somehow I had that up on the main portion of the screen and then Gaia running on the far right portion of the screen at the same time. Both showing location and tracking. No idea what I did to get that
Ford Bronco Gaia Freezing Issue??? 20230506_075303
Sponsored