Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have a good solution for an inreach messenger mount for the Bronco? Mine will stay in my backpack most of the time, but I would like to mount it on the dash with a view of the sky for times when I want to track or text out of cell service areas while in the Bronco. It needs to be secure so it doesn't go flying off on rough roads.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Garmin spine mount, a ball mount, and a ram arm in the length of your choice. Rock solid.

Ford Bronco Garmin Inreach Messenger mount 20220630_153729

Ford Bronco Garmin Inreach Messenger mount 20220630_153709

Spine mount This is for the mini, you didn't mention which you had but i THINK they make one for the full size too - or maybe the full size already has the spine built in?

THIS is the part the spine mount clips on to.

If you don't have a BYOD rail you can put a single 1/4-20 ball in the dash mount.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't think that will fit the messenger, and it needs to lay flat, or somewhat flat to work correctly.
Mostly looking for something that will hold it flat on the dash that it easily clips in and out of. As I said, I have the messenger, not the mini.

Last edited:

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Don't think that will fit the messenger, and it needs to lay flat, or somewhat flat to work correctly.
Mostly looking for something that will hold it flat on the dash that it easily clips in and out of. As I said, I have the messenger, not the mini.
Interesting, never seen the Messenger model, had to Google it. Everyone i know uses the Mini or Explorer.

I wonder if that would fit in a Ram X-grip. Probably too small

Last edited:
OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Messenger is basically just the satellite antenna with a much longer battery life than the other models. It's best paired with a phone or tablet and is great for texting over the satellite. It's usually in the top of my backpack, but there are times I'd like to mount it in the Bronco, but still be out of the way. I'm almost tempted to velcro tape it on top of the dash.

I got the messenger mostly to communicate with the wife off grid. I already have a good GPS I like, and usually have my phone/tablet with me and prefer to text with it. The messenger app will do both cell and satellite so it's pretty seamless. Plus really long battery life so I can do a full trip without it going dead.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Roadhusky

Badlands
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4dr 2.7L Badsquatch hardtop with tow package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd love to know what folks have done with this too. I was just gifted an InReach Mini 2, but in reading to understand the difference between it and the Messenger I'm becoming super tempted to exchange for the latter. Needing a clear line of sight to the sky suggests it wants to live on the dash, but I'd've sent it flying dozens of times on Hayden Pass Road this weekend!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does it really need to be there? I have a zoleo that I just bought, so I've only used it from home. but I sat in my house (where cell phones even have trouble), and the Zoleo worked just fine over satellite.

I plan on just putting it in the glove box or that lower storage tray...but next weekend will be the test.

OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So far mine has worked well from a backpack, back of an airplane, and just about any where in the Bronco as long as it's on top of whatever it's on or in. Usually it sits flat on the dash with the cord around the rearview mirror so it won't go any where if it does go flying, but that's rare.

The biggest problem I've had is finding a clear view to a satellite in the mountains to send or receive texts. Sometimes it takes 20-30 minutes before a satellite comes by, which is still not too bad in a no cell phone area.
Sponsored