395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Day 2 res here, 4-door Black Diamond 2.7 with MIC and tow package. My reservation is with a smaller local dealer, which initially I thought might be to my advantage but am now wondering if it was a mistake not to go with a larger dealer with a larger allocation despite a larger number of reservations. I still have ZERO idea when I should expect delivery. My dealer can't (won't?) even tell me where I sit in their allocation lineup. I've heard nothing from Ford aside from the mass "we're trying" email that everyone received. I currently have a 2016 Durango R/T that I would love to unload while used car values are so high. But I have no clue how long I would have to get by with one fewer vehicle in the household. Two months? Six months? A year? It's the complete lack of clarity that is so frustrating. I've done many factory orders in the past (I want what I want, not what's sitting on the dealer lot), including my current Durango, as well as a 2005 Mini Cooper that was in high-demand and required a long-ish wait. But in that situation I had a clear picture of when I would get the vehicle. But not so with the Bronco. Frankly I'm starting to lose interest. I used to read this forum religiously, excitedly sucking up every drop of new information. But now those drops are becoming less frequent, there seems to be no additional clarity around the situation overall, and it's getting difficult to remain excited and positive about this new vehicle. It's been nearly a year since we all watched the launch video. It's not the wait that's killing me, but the utter lack of information. It's depressing, honestly. How many are in my situation?
Don't kid yourself..once you do get your Bronco and they become a dime a dozen littered all over the road the honeymoon will have well worn off yet again. Then how are you are ever going to cope with 23/24 MY when you find out you missed out on something special. Perhaps then your "depression" will really sink in.
Either get something else in the meantime or don't complain about the wait. Honestly it makes you look small crying about a car making you depressed.
Paint or get off the ladder.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Day 2 res here, 4-door Black Diamond 2.7 with MIC and tow package. My reservation is with a smaller local dealer, which initially I thought might be to my advantage but am now wondering if it was a mistake not to go with a larger dealer with a larger allocation despite a larger number of reservations. I still have ZERO idea when I should expect delivery. My dealer can't (won't?) even tell me where I sit in their allocation lineup. I've heard nothing from Ford aside from the mass "we're trying" email that everyone received. I currently have a 2016 Durango R/T that I would love to unload while used car values are so high. But I have no clue how long I would have to get by with one fewer vehicle in the household. Two months? Six months? A year? It's the complete lack of clarity that is so frustrating. I've done many factory orders in the past (I want what I want, not what's sitting on the dealer lot), including my current Durango, as well as a 2005 Mini Cooper that was in high-demand and required a long-ish wait. But in that situation I had a clear picture of when I would get the vehicle. But not so with the Bronco. Frankly I'm starting to lose interest. I used to read this forum religiously, excitedly sucking up every drop of new information. But now those drops are becoming less frequent, there seems to be no additional clarity around the situation overall, and it's getting difficult to remain excited and positive about this new vehicle. It's been nearly a year since we all watched the launch video. It's not the wait that's killing me, but the utter lack of information. It's depressing, honestly. How many are in my situation?
Also with a small local dealer. They were able to tell me my allocation number out of total number. They also let me know how many orders have a build date so far. If your dealer refuses to give you that info they're just being dicks. Hang in there!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like your enthusiasm, but lets not continue to inflate the numbers and give people false hope. They have not built 3,000 Broncos yet and will not be close to 20k in August. Also will not build close to 60,000 this year. 20-30K a month is also doubled. They would have to punt on Ranger before your numbers could be close to reality.

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't kid yourself..once you do get your Bronco and they become a dime a dozen littered all over the road the honeymoon will have well worn off yet again. Then how are you are ever going to cope with 23/24 MY when you find out you missed out on something special. Perhaps then your "depression" will really sink in.
Either get something else in the meantime or don't complain about the wait. Honestly it makes you look small crying about a car making you depressed.
Paint or get off the ladder.
I can’t wait to buy a gently used mall crawling bronco when posers realize that fuel mileage sucks and handling is not as tight as their previous vehicle.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I can’t wait to buy a gently used mall crawling bronco when posers realize that fuel mileage sucks and handling is not as tight as their previous vehicle.
Based on this forum feedback the majority will not be off roading much at all, if any.
The off road handling seems very composed based on real drivers feedback.

Reactions: RG7

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You didn’t get the email with all the relevant delivery info, vin or when you can expect your Bronco?

Neither did anyone else.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

100%. All of the delays are reasonable except for not providing estimated build quarters by the end of May.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As a non-FE, non-WT four door order, if you switched to a soft top, you'd probably get picked up very soon. Further more, if you don't need the 7 pin tow connector, and put on the accessory catalog 4 pin and receiver upon delivery, you'd be even more likely.

Two door, FE and WT have no "sacrifice plays" to get moved up. You have options.

Sponsored

KillerKwall

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD 4D 2.7 ,2020 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm also a day 2 res, I have the same build (BD,2.7,MIC, Tow). My order is at a Detroit area dealer and I also read the forum daily! Heres the the differences.

- I only have 1 car in the household since someone decided to spin out and total my poor Fiesta ST. Let me tell you, I still wish I had two cars!
- I work for Ford. So its even more annoying to watch the shit show.

Point is, If you've got a car the market stinks right now to buy anything. So I would keep it unless you have a spare. Also, its slow but its moving now, so just hang in there.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perhaps this link will cheer you up...

Fw: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...-bronco-production-after-25-years/7657944002/

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This. Ford is starting production, people are getting VINs, initial units will be rolling out the doors soon, and folks will rapidly start moving up the list.

Folks just need to have some patience.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One fewer vehicle? Try having only one vehicle. If you weren't planning on keeping the Durango, I'd sell it while the market is hot. Get your top dollar. Unless there's absolutely no way to make things work without it. Sure, there's no knowing exactly when you'll get yours built, but at this point, we're about where we knew we would be a year ago.

I'm with you about the time line, though. I was really hoping to be able to plan things better by having an approximate build date at this point. I'm now imagining a scenario where I have no idea what's going on until suddenly I need to rearrange my schedule, time off and travel plans at the last minute. And my wife has to do the same, too. It's definitely a lot more difficult to be in a pre-order situation like this than simply placing a factory order on an in-production vehicle. I think this forum contributes to the problem because otherwise we would likely have spent a lot less time even thinking about it.
Sponsored