Sponsored

Gillespie Ford charges 10 grand in dealer hardship fees?!

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The salesman texted and apologized and said it’s the owners fault, not theirs. Don’t know if he was supposed to send me this, but this is what he got from their higher ups...

A1CF0700-817B-48D1-AFB6-C0D96661C172.jpeg
Well, they're just a special kind of stupid, aren't they?

You know as well as they do that their livelihood depends upon the local community and farmers buying trucks and cars from them. I'd make a concerted effort to let everyone within 75 miles know that they can take an hour and a half drive to Sullivan Missouri for an UNDER MSRP Ford.

Oh, and it's so cute that they lump the Sport into the "Current Market Value for Ford Bronco due to shortage" Word document. Here's your sign.

I thought about Gillespie or Jerseyville... glad I didn't now.
Sponsored

CJW0314

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor / 13’ GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those guys over there are an absolute joke. I ordered a GT500 from them back in 2013, and waited and waited, and turns out they never had an allocation, so my order was never going to be placed, even though I watched the forums religiously and was in contact with them about the status all the time and they reassured me it was coming in a few weeks. Total shit show.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The salesman texted and apologized and said it’s the owners fault, not theirs. Don’t know if he was supposed to send me this, but this is what he got from their higher ups...

A1CF0700-817B-48D1-AFB6-C0D96661C172.jpeg
Bronco Sports $5k over MSRP 🤣.
good luck, OP you might have something going here, and it looks like the community wants to fight for you.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can still get Jeeps at under invoice if you shop around. It is ridiculous what the dealers are pulling.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...resale-provisions-in-purchase-contracts.7961/
There is some good info on this form that Ford sent out on Lightning reservations, but it applies to all sales. Tell them they are violating a clause in the Sales and Service agreement and you will need to turn them into Ford. Paragraph 6 of the Sales and Service agreement. It has to do with deceptive sales practices.

Last edited:

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you have emails where the dealer confirmed the price you should take it to a lawyer instead of online. That's enough that they'd be willing to work with, and oftentimes the dealer would back down just to avoid the headache.

As we've seen, negative reviews can be dodged, and dealers will encourage you to walk away.

Sponsored
OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I added them to my list of shit dealers. If you haven't checked out the list in a while, drop on by. There's been quite a bit of expansion over the last week, including some real doozies.

I've been thinking for a while that Illinois seemed underrepresented, compared to what I expected.
I just went thru it, insane! reaffirms what I've always known but somehow forgot: dealers are just generally not good people..

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's time

Ford Bronco Gillespie Ford charges 10 grand in dealer hardship fees?! 1641592473585
I would be honored. Lol. It’s so frustrating that we’re just supposed to swallow whatever ridiculous fees they feel like throwing our way.

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Gillespie Ford charges 10 grand in dealer hardship fees?! 1641593346396

I guess another dealership is going to learn what B6G stands for. :LOL:

luckylager1

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
something like this could work...

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hire day laborers to stand outside holding signs calling them liars and cheats. They might not care about online reviews but they won't like people standing outside driving away customers.

I think you can hire people with Apps these days.

That is my plan if my dealer tries anything but so far reviews have been they are selling at MSRP.

Also, tweeting that list to Ford execs will probably get a response in this case. I am sure they do not want stuff like this out there.

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Those guys over there are an absolute joke. I ordered a GT500 from them back in 2013, and waited and waited, and turns out they never had an allocation, so my order was never going to be placed, even though I watched the forums religiously and was in contact with them about the status all the time and they reassured me it was coming in a few weeks. Total shit show.
I guess I'm in that group now as well. I can't help but be pissed at how indignant they were. The guy brought up repeatedly that 'well, we're not getting our allocation thatwe ordered from Ford, soooo...' It's like they were purposely trying to be dicks so that I would bail and they would have one to add to their inventory.
Sponsored