Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got it. Thanks.

Any issues with removing the black plastic cover?
Yea I’ve broken like three of the tabs off it. It I’ve taken it off and on a lot of times.
Sponsored

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I’m debating whether to spray the lithium in there or hold off so my dealership can confirm the tick noise for the TSB. I’d rather not go through the TSB replacement process, but I also don’t want to temporarily mask an ongoing issue with the tailgate only to have it rear its head later. I’m weighing the options …
I sprayed mine two weeks before the tsb came out so they couldn’t replace the hinges or whatever they’re doing for the tsb. If I could do it all over again I would have waited and left the ticking there so they could confirm and fix it.

Citybronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I had rattle going on 4 months. Went to numerous fords until TSB for tailgate replacement came out. Tailgate got replaced and folks, it’s louder than ever. I’m going insane. Idk what to do anymore, I’ve tried everything.

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you use regular WD-40 or the white lithium version? You want to use the lithium. And go absolutely ape shit with it in there. I posted pics in this thread of all the locations I could find, and then after that I emptied half the bottle in every direction I could. Still blissfully noise free now.

And in case you aren’t aware, there is now a TSB for this tick noise from the tailgate. The dealer will replace if you want to go that direction.
I used the normal WD40 but I'll get the lithium one and give a spray this weekend on the areas posted by @los7883.

So far it's still very quiet and I'm satisfied.

I don't think the TSB route works for me. No time for that and I have got too many mods on my tailgate including ppf so it's just unecessary hassle.

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I had rattle going on 4 months. Went to numerous fords until TSB for tailgate replacement came out. Tailgate got replaced and folks, it’s louder than ever. I’m going insane. Idk what to do anymore, I’ve tried everything.
Oh wow. That’s depressing that the new tailgate is worse than the original? Very frustrating.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there. Can you send us your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To anyone who added the rough country tailgate reinforcement and is still experiencing a rattle. Make sure you are torquing all bolts to the correct spec, especially the supplied allen bolts that fasten the hinges. This has fixed my pop/rattle over bumps thus far. I will keep you posted on if this issue comes back, but so far so good.

You got those exact torque specs for all the tailgate/spare tire mount bolts??

giphy.gif

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Been down this road pal, you guys are useless as a used paper straw
I agree. I did the whole send us your info stuff. A rep called, left a message and never answered when I’d call back. Left messages and still no return call. It’s like they call once just to check a box and then they forget about you.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

TXDOZER

Base
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Basesquatch & 2020 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update…dealer still has it, initially claimed hey didn’t hear it so I rode with the service manager, they now hear it and agree it’s not normal and shouldn’t be there.

left it with them and they call me Friday, new tailgate coming.

my question to others who have had their tailgate replaced.
did anyone buy a tailgate support for the new tailgate and if so did the noise still comeback?

thanks!
Mine started after I installed the Hammer bracket. I noticed it after I was on a REALLY rough trail in Big Bend.

N4berg

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same. They had my truck for over a month, replaced the entire tailgate and it’s somehow even worse. Starting to think this just isn’t worth what I paid for it. I’m going to try and lube the seals like I read in another thread to see if that works.

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello guys,

Any updates on a more concrete fix?

Thanks
JC

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak, 2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2024's still doing it. I dumped a full can of WD-40 lithiuum grease spary all over the inside of the tailgate, covered the driver side latches, lubricated the passenger side tailgate hinges with LPS-2, took the spare tire off, retorqued the spare carrier-to-tailgate bolts and used blue loctite, took the plastic panels off the the tailgate and taped up the "tree clips" while spraying the p*ss out of anything resembling a bolt or rivet on the inside. I think it might've reduced the rattles by about half but it still does it and it's hard to quantify. It's the hollow aluminum pinging sound.....sounds like metallic popcorn that's most noticeable on acceleration or when applying the brakes from reverse. Anything that that shifts the weight of the vehicle to the rear (aft). '24 Wildtrak (sasquatch as are all wildtraks). My wife's '23 outer banks non-sasquatch does not due this, probably because the spare tire is much lighter.

Last edited:

K9handler47

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 22 that falls within the tsb. I put on the RC tail gate support and that helped, but still had the tic. I added weather stripping and grease and that helped and now it’s back unfortunately. I even added new wheels that are 10 pounds lighter.

Are dealers just swapping the tail gates?
Sponsored