Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Then on top of that. Ford has to have ur car for 5 days to diagnose the problem and dont provide a rental. you either have no vehicle for 5 days and loose pto or send even more money on a rental. on a brand new car. Such a hassle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tambrico

tambrico

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niner Air 9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then on top of that. Ford has to have ur car for 5 days to diagnose the problem and dont provide a rental. you either have no vehicle for 5 days and loose pto or send even more money on a rental. on a brand new car. Such a hassle.
Depends on the dealership I guess. I've been driving a free courtesy car (escape) for 2 weeks now

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a feature not a big. Broncos have had rattling tailgates since 1966. It means they did a good job of replicating the original.

dannyblet

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think I’m having the same issue. Dealer had it for 3 days, said that’s how the truck was designed and I’ll have to deal with it. @Ford Motor Company . Please help.

ElPasoBronc

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try reseating the MIC top. I did that and it helped like 80%. I’m getting a popping noise from inside the tailgate door on tough roads though. Driving me crazy

Sponsored

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have that same noise on my 2DR. Can't figure out what it is and it's driving me crazy. I've had the dealer and body shop look at it multiple times. They can't figure it out either.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have that same noise on my 2DR. Can't figure out what it is and it's driving me crazy. I've had the dealer and body shop look at it multiple times. They can't figure it out either.
Welcome to the club.

StoicAF

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

same issue w my 2 door. Lithium grease I used and it finally stopped. On the inside of the tail gate. There is a plug at the top. Take that out and spray inside of it.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

same issue w my 2 door. Lithium grease I used and it finally stopped. On the inside of the tail gate. There is a plug at the top. Take that out and spray inside of it.
What plug are talking about? the accessory cover plate?

feralc

Outer Banks
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is the swing gate, mine is getting replaced and I hope it doesn’t come back, the spare tire size has nothing to do with it because I took it off and still made the sound.
If you want to replicate it without driving it is pretty easy, you just open the tailgate and flex it with your hands and you will hear the popping sound coming from inside. I have no idea what it is. Maybe a rivet but in mine it comes 100% from inside the tailgate and the tire weight or size has nothing to do with it, so it will happen to any Bronco (Sasquatch or not)

Sponsored
OP
OP
tambrico

tambrico

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niner Air 9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I’m having the same issue. Dealer had it for 3 days, said that’s how the truck was designed and I’ll have to deal with it. @Ford Motor Company . Please help.

Definitely not normal. This is what mine sounds like. After much prodding the dealer took apart my tailgate. They found a cracked spot weld on the inside where the spare tire mount is. They have to replace the entire tailgate. Currently on backorder. Waiting on one to come in.

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No idea how you can hear the tailgate rattle over all the other rattles and noises. Lol

dannyblet

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Definitely not normal. This is what mine sounds like. After much prodding the dealer took apart my tailgate. They found a cracked spot weld on the inside where the spare tire mount is. They have to replace the entire tailgate. Currently on backorder. Waiting on one to come in.
ill show them this and see if they will also take it apart. I have another appointment tomorrow. 5th times will hopefully be the charm

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea to what extent the 'took apart' the tailgate or where the cracked weld was located?

I may be buying a borescope! LOL

dannyblet

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ill show them this and see if they will also take it apart. I have another appointment tomorrow. 5th times will hopefully be the charm
Told again by dealer that broncos are like jeeps and this noise is normal. Will look one more time, if they can't locate anything its just a noise the truck was "created to make". @Ford Motor Company why did you make a tailgate that clicks?
Sponsored

Last edited: