First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received my Bronco back after a week+ in service. It is not fixed at this point. I was told that it was inspected by a Ford engineer technician. They stated that there was “warped” mounting hardware and are going to be replacing the tire carrier bracket and that parts are on order. I will have to bring it back when the parts are received to have them installed. ***note this my second tailgate as Ford has already replaced it once before.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m having the same problem as others have noted. I've gone through every thing on it that could be an issue, I've sprayed lithium grease like some said to do. And no change. it's driving me nuts and seems to be getting worse. I have a bout 4,400 miles. I have brought to my dealer, but we originally thought it was the top and did a TSB that fixed nothing. I told them to forget about it. there is no one who knows how to address this and we'll wait until someone does. . As others have said, it sounds like I have water bottles rubbing together and actually is as bad on smooth roads now as bumpy. It has everything to do with a 100 lb tire hanging on the back cause people have said it stops if you remove the tire. The thinking is poor pinch welds or something. I've been in and out of the dealer with quality issues with this truck and have more that need to be addressed. This is such a drag. Please, someone post if they learn of a real fix or Ford, get this resolved. It's not isolated
@Ford Motor Company
Ive had/have all the noises back there. If yours is the water bottle noise, that’s a squeak vs the metallic pop/click/rattle the tailgate causes. To troubleshoot the squeak, open the rear lift glass window and drive around a bit. If it stops it’s the weather stripping on the bottom of lift glass. Lube that up with krytox lube if that is your issue.

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive had/have all the noises back there. If yours is the water bottle noise, that’s a squeak vs the metallic pop/click/rattle the tailgate causes. To troubleshoot the squeak, open the rear lift glass window and drive around a bit. If it stops it’s the weather stripping on the bottom of lift glass. Lube that up with krytox lube if that is your issue.
Just opened the window and drove. That’s what it is. Thanks so much! I’ll slap some Krytox on it and see if that works.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m having the same problem as others have noted. I've gone through every thing on it that could be an issue, I've sprayed lithium grease like some said to do. And no change. it's driving me nuts and seems to be getting worse. I have a bout 4,400 miles. I have brought to my dealer, but we originally thought it was the top and did a TSB that fixed nothing. I told them to forget about it. there is no one who knows how to address this and we'll wait until someone does. . As others have said, it sounds like I have water bottles rubbing together and actually is as bad on smooth roads now as bumpy. It has everything to do with a 100 lb tire hanging on the back cause people have said it stops if you remove the tire. The thinking is poor pinch welds or something. I've been in and out of the dealer with quality issues with this truck and have more that need to be addressed. This is such a drag. Please, someone post if they learn of a real fix or Ford, get this resolved. It's not isolated
@Ford Motor Company
Krytox on the back window rubber seal that rubs against the tailgate.

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is the metallic/pop/click/rattle akin to the sound of golf clubs in your truck? That's what my rattle sounds like -

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just opened the window and drove. That’s what it is. Thanks so much! I’ll slap some Krytox on it and see if that works.
It will definitely work. Stay away from silicon lube, makes it worse.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

ChrisE

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the advice, but that is long ago tried. :) drove around with the window up, still there. had krylox put on, still there. Sprayed the whole thing with lithium grease everywhere. still there. Put damping material under all the stops, which when you wiggle them sounds similar. still here. It's a flaw in the tailgate design. I have the SAS. I wonder if anyone with the regular tires have this issue cause if they don't, it's all tied to the weight of the SAS wheel/tire

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the advice, but that is long ago tried. :) drove around with the window up, still there. had krylox put on, still there. Sprayed the whole thing with lithium grease everywhere. still there. Put damping material under all the stops, which when you wiggle them sounds similar. still here. It's a flaw in the tailgate design. I have the SAS. I wonder if anyone with the regular tires have this issue cause if they don't, it's all tied to the weight of the SAS wheel/tire
Have you checked the fender TSB. That was the worst of all my noises back there.

Attachments

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Ford Motor Company
Good morning! IF you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can assist with your rattle concern on my end.

StoicAF

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i have done all the same things you have and still have the noise As well.
Sponsored