Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else have that metallic ticking noise on their 23s? I’ve read the threads for the TSB but I was built after the coverage date and it’s annoying.

Those that said they sprayed lithium grease inside their tailgate, are you talking around the exterior lip of the gate or actually inside the gate? I put a towel down on the hinge side corner and it dampened the tick so I’m assuming maybe it’s metal on metal in that corner but don’t see any wear.
Sponsored

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have one. It is coming from the center of the tailgate and can't be replicated any other time except when I am driving. Drives me insane lol

OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one. It is coming from the center of the tailgate and can't be replicated any other time except when I am driving. Drives me insane lol
Same here… the insane part. 🤯

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone else have that metallic ticking noise on their 23s? I’ve read the threads for the TSB but I was built after the coverage date and it’s annoying.

Those that said they sprayed lithium grease inside their tailgate, are you talking around the exterior lip of the gate or actually inside the gate? I put a towel down on the hinge side corner and it dampened the tick so I’m assuming maybe it’s metal on metal in that corner but don’t see any wear.
Spray the inside of the gate on the back side of the hinge bolts. Need a bottle with straw nozzle to be more accurate with spray and reach areas. There is another thread on this with pictures. Mine is a 21 so Ford has ordered me a replacement gate and hinges.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good morning. If you'd like to, go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this rattle concern. Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good morning. If you'd like to, go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this rattle concern. Thanks!
Been down that road… but thanks.

imstimpy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you describe this rattle any more beyond "metallic ticking"? I'm chasing what sounds more like a "clunk" than a "tick". Only happens at low speed, doesn't necessarily happen over bumps (but might), doesn't happen by shutting the tailgate or shaking or banging or anything.

OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you describe this rattle any more beyond "metallic ticking"? I'm chasing what sounds more like a "clunk" than a "tick". Only happens at low speed, doesn't necessarily happen over bumps (but might), doesn't happen by shutting the tailgate or shaking or banging or anything.
That’s a different sound than what I’m experiencing. I scoured this forum and YouTube to figure out what my issue was. There are videos I’ve seen with the sound you’re describing. Do a good search and you’ll come across that issue I believe.

OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just for an update on the ticking issue… since the TSB doesn’t cover my model year and there were solutions I went ahead and used the lithium grease as outlined in the other threads and as of this morning, seems to have done the trick. I wasn’t thrilled at the prospect of spraying all of that into the tailgate but I’d rather live with that then the sound it was making. Im curious if Ford will acknowledge that the issue hasn’t been remedied in the future.

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just for an update on the ticking issue… since the TSB doesn’t cover my model year and there were solutions I went ahead and used the lithium grease as outlined in the other threads and as of this morning, seems to have done the trick. I wasn’t thrilled at the prospect of spraying all of that into the tailgate but I’d rather live with that then the sound it was making. Im curious if Ford will acknowledge that the issue hasn’t been remedied in the future.
Where did you grease it? Could you link the threads? Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sonofhammer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2 door 2023 and the tick started about 3k miles in. I haven't bothered fixing it yet.

The roof started clicking about 5k miles in. the fix for that is pretty straightforward tho:
You could even. use electrical tape.

OP
OP
BuckBronco

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2 door 2023 and the tick started about 3k miles in. I haven't bothered fixing it yet.

The roof started clicking about 5k miles in. the fix for that is pretty straightforward tho:
You could even. use electrical tape.
I haven't had the roof problem yet although my A-Pillar was rattling for a while but seems to have calmed down. In my last Bronco I thought it was the passenger seat but ended up being the seat belt rattling slightly. I had to tuck it in between the console and the seat. This has just been the metallic ticking of the tailgate and the grease seems to have fixed that.

I see a lot of people get on here and say that it's a Bronco and that rattles are part of owning an off road vehicle. While I get that, I'm assuming they dont deal with misophonia and some of us are really sensitive to these sounds/noises. I have a fan and a white noise maker running in my room at night to drown out any other little noises... I hear the heat kick on, or the ceiling fan tick, etc.
Sponsored