Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 22 that falls within the tsb. I put on the RC tail gate support and that helped, but still had the tic. I added weather stripping and grease and that helped and now it’s back unfortunately. I even added new wheels that are 10 pounds lighter.

Are dealers just swapping the tail gates?
Have you tried removing the spare and driving without it on the tail gate and see if the tick is still there? I got a small tick too. Not entirely sure where it’s coming from but the tick did slightly go away after torquing the spare bolts slightly over spec. With the stock torque they kept on coming loose.
Sponsored

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak, 2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is what it sounds like in mine, ‘24 Wildtrak (click at the end of the clip):

put so much lithium grease and varied spare lug nut torque, torqued and Loctited carrier mount bolts, guess it’s just going to do this.

ATLien

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is what it sounds like in mine, ‘24 Wildtrak (click at the end of the clip):

put so much lithium grease and varied spare lug nut torque, torqued and Loctited carrier mount bolts, guess it’s just going to do this.
It seems there about about 5-6 different noises lumped into this thread, but this is the first video that sounds like my issue. Seems like something swinging and tapping against body or frame somewhere. Sounds can be deceiving I know, but mine seems to from come down low (sounds lower than the tailgate, but who knows), on the driver's side. I also have a 24 wildtrak. Posted about it in anothe thread here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/clicking-noise-lower-left-rear.92352/#post-2214426

Reactions: LSW

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know it has been noted earlier but as the weather warms up significantly where I live the gnarly tailgate rattle has subsided somewhat. It still does it, but it's mabye 50% of what it was when the weather was below freezing 32F/0C every morning. Now that it's usually closer to 50F it's improving.

I've tried 41 ft lbs, 66 ft lbs, and even *gasp* 100 ft lbs on the spare tire lug nuts and none of that seemed to make a difference.

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Found mine. Made my wife drive me around while I sat in the cargo. Found this dangling like a pendulum in the behind the left side back interior panels. It was dangling way toward the back and I had to reach my arm back there to reach it. Quiet now since I taped it up and zip tied it thankfully! Temperature differences, lube, and spare torque effects must’ve been my imagination.
Anyone know how to clean up a can of lithium grease inside the tailgate? ;)
Ford Bronco Gnarly tailgate rattle IMG_1754
Ford Bronco Gnarly tailgate rattle IMG_1753
Sponsored