First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger $X$
Your Bronco Model
Base
Received my 2024 Bronco Black Diamond March 2nd, 2024. Yesterday I did a function check on the GOAT modes as I continue to make sure everything is in working order and noticed my Black Diamond only has 3 modes available out of the 7. Anyone else experience this? I’m driving a loaner today while the Dealer is looking into it as well. Dealer says they don’t know why the rest of the GOAT mode are unavailable
Ford Bronco GOAT modes unavailable IMG_6328
Ford Bronco GOAT modes unavailable IMG_6330
Ford Bronco GOAT modes unavailable IMG_6253
and is talking the ford about it. ???????
Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is just a stupid idea, but could it be because your hood is open?

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can unlock all of them yourself using FORscan. All you need is a cheap dongle from Amazon, and a windows laptop. Tons of threads on here and YouTube how to videos.

OP
OP
BroncBear05

BroncBear05

Base
First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger $X$
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The WT they gave us at the Bronco Off-Roadeo threw a bunch of error codes (ABS, 4WD, etc.) after an eventful downhill run and then it wouldn't switch into any Goat Mode, but I was still able to switch manually to 4H and 2H. When I turned it in, they said, "OK" like that was pretty usual?

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not Forscan because the GOAT modes wouldn't even show up on the dash, the error OP posted shows that it's not available, but was on the screen and selectable.
It's not because the hood is open. I have my hood open and take it out of mud/ruts and back into Sport or Normal when I'm done airing back up once in a while and have never seen that.

That particular error looks new-ish.

I am not a mechanic.
I'm thinking it's something mechanical that's not engaging properly when selecting the GOAT mode - that's why it's showing as not available AFTER you select it.
When you go into Sport, Mud/Ruts, or other GOATs that change from 2H to 4A/4H/4L, you should hear some clicking/clunking of mechanical parts engaging or switching around, guessing that's not happening at all.

For the only occasional off-roaders, or the never off-roaders, I recommend rowing your transfer case off-road once in a while just to keep things lubed up and working as it should.
If I haven't been offroad in a while (NOT HAPPY WHEN THAT HAPPENS), I like to at least go to a patch of dirt and cycle through 4L/4H and drive a few hundred feet in each.
Not sure how needed it is with modern equipment and rigs, but it's something I've done since my old 79 Bronco.

SMS455

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see from your photo that the vehicle was in Park. Some modes require it to be in Neutral. I had the same thing happen and thought there was something wrong! I can only select Normal and Eco when in park on my 2022 Badlands.

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Check your MyKey setup. You might be locking out some GOAT modes
Sponsored