First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I deferred for a MY2022, so the news doesn't really bother me. I do feel for the folks that have a VIN and expected delivery in June or July and are now delayed - big bummer. I wonder if adding the sound headliner at the hardtop manufacturer is causing the delays?
It should, the fewer Broncos made just delays when you get yours. I wouldn’t assume you will get yours sooner because you chose to delay vs. somebody who has been hoping for a 21.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably just a mass email to all customers who have converted an order.
I got the same email, and I’ve already code 99’d myself.
I wouldn’t read too much into it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, because you can't even get a hardtop for the 2-door. :unsure::cry:
Really... So how is it that I have a VIN and PSP for a 2 door MIC mall crawler?

Sponsored

leviticusw

Outer Banks
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis, Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Really... So how is it that I have a VIN and PSP for a 2 door MIC mall crawler?
I'm not sure I follow. This has nothing to do with the 2-door since it's only available with the MIC and based on the survey only 37% of the orders are 2 doors and they shouldn't have an issue getting to those. 4-door reservation holders have to choose and are really being forced to do a soft top or risk not getting a 21'. Which is bullshit. If you wanted to make it right just put the connections in there and let people order the soft top so they can get a 21' and no one will be mad.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not sure I follow. This has nothing to do with the 2-door since it's only available with the MIC and based on the survey only 37% of the orders are 2 doors and they shouldn't have an issue getting to those. 4-door reservation holders have to choose and are really being forced to do a soft top or risk not getting a 21'. Which is bullshit. If you wanted to make it right just put the connections in there and let people order the soft top so they can get a 21' and no one will be mad.
You said you can't get a hardtop in the 2 door, so maybe you meant that you can't get a soft top.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Other than the FE's has anyone received a build date with a hardtop? I received my build date of 6/21 a while ago but I have a soft top.

Outer Banks:
- Sasquatch
- Cyber Orange
- High Pkg.
- Soft Top
Besides color and sticking with lux, this is exactly what I'm changing my wildtrak order to. And I suspect there will be a mass exodus of wildtrak orders to outerbanks for MY21 simply because wildtraks cannot be ordered with soft tops.

I'm fine losing Baja mode as I'll have sport
I'm fine and actually happy I gain the sunglass holder vs. Switches

I will miss the black accents on dash and for the SAS wheels. But the exterior look can always be added later after I get the vehicle in my hands and Ford fixes their shit

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How in any way does anyone take the email from today and conclude that it's only soft tops for the rest of '21? There will be hard tops. Just not enough, at the current moment, to fill every order that wants one right now.
How, Is it...

A) Some Salespeople are simple minded​
B) Some Salespeople Lie​
C) Some Salespeople are Clueless​
D) All of the above​

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's 5pm on Friday of a long holiday weekend, and I get this email from my dealer (yeah, that sounds bad):

"Got some new info yesterday. The only tops being produced moving forward for the 21 MY are soft tops. If you want to make the change to soft top only we have a great chance at getting this picked up for build. I made the change with a customer yesterday and it got picked up today. Let me know what you think."​

Interesting, especially since 1) I ordered a 2-door and 2) I got my "scheduled for production" email from Ford yesterday (week of July 12).

I sent back my best slightly-bemused, puzzled, please-clarify-wtf-are-you-asking-me-to-do response. He probably sent out a bunch of these before making a mad dash out the door for the weekend and/or will see my response first thing Tuesday. Either way, he'll know he stepped in it. He will also learn he's not going to be able to convert that Lightning reservation I have.
Heh. You got an email from your dealer?

What's that like? :unsure:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How, Is it...

A) Some Salespeople are simple minded​
B) Some Salespeople Lie​
C) Some Salespeople are Clueless​
D) All of the above​
I think in this case it's B. The dealer dude knows his email is incorrect. He just wants to get as many Broncos coming through his dealership in 2021 as possible

But yes also could be a combo of A and C too. So, D 😅

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, well congrats on your build date! You got the white rhino of Bronco builds coming. Based on your post, it sounds like a two-door with a hard top. I can't wait to see one of those on the road.

I see you are in MA. Who is the dealer? I used Colonial in Plymouth. They have been relatively transparent with their lack of insight. But that's better than bullshitting. I still have a planned battle coming up over their market adjustment. We'll see how that goes.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey, well congrats on your build date! You got the white rhino of Bronco builds coming. Based on your post, it sounds like a two-door with a hard top. I can't wait to see one of those on the road.

I see you are in MA. Who is the dealer? I used Colonial in Plymouth. They have been relatively transparent with their lack of insight. But that's better than bullshitting. I still have a planned battle coming up over their market adjustment. We'll see how that goes.
Why did you not negotiate a fixed, written price before you ordered?

Reactions: abe
OP
OP
cazimi

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Heh. You got an email from your dealer?

What's that like? :unsure:
LOL, well, this thread is that experience. :cool:

(I know what you mean, and I know a lot of people haven't heard anything from their dealers. Thought some folks might get a laugh about how non-informative dealer emails might be and not feel left out?)
Sponsored