Sponsored

Goodyear Territory M/T's...Everything you want to know!

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of confusion on the Goodyear Territory M/T that comes on the Sasquatch package.

Here's a very informative video on that tire with Goodyear representatives.

The Goodyear Territory M/T was developed for higher end, off-road niche vehicles. The construction of those tires are customized and tuned for each OEM vehicle they will go on, to include the Bronco. (the Ram TRX will also get this tire, but it's customized/tuned for that truck specifically, just like the Bronco)

The Territory M/T is a "maximum terrain", per Goodyear rep. They developed this tire to get you to work during the weekdays and out where you want to go on the weekends.

It's designed as an all-season tire and should do great in the snow.

Here is a link to a video with the Gooodyear reps with the above info. It's long, but very informative. Specifically, 12:10 and after has some great info. Watch the entire video though to get a better understanding of why & how this tire was developed. Enjoy!

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

YES! Please make this a sticky in every category. ?

This has to be one of the top 5 most talked about and misunderstood things about the Bronco.

Also by the way, Goodyear doesn’t call any of their M/T tires “mud terrain”.

I personally consider these to be the new alternatives to BFG KO2 as far as OEM tire choices go. Lots of new off-road vehicles are getting their own special “tuned” version of these tires.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The video goes into some detail how they tune a tire for a specific manufacturer. Very interesting.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The video in the OP explains it all, very well.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome, thanks for sharing. I wasn’t too excited about having mud terrains but that was my own misunderstanding! Super excited to have this tire now

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't realize they were actually tuned to the vehicle. Pretty cool! I love my Goodyear MTR's on my Jeep and am looking forward to what is hopefully another great tire.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Goodyear is still waiting on test results for the Severe Snow Certification. If it passes, they will get the three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol.
and what does 3 peak mean? Excellent performance? I’d imagine they still wouldnt compete with a true snow tire though, right?

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome, thanks for sharing. I wasn’t too excited about having mud terrains but that was my own misunderstanding! Super excited to have this tire now
Really Goodyear’s fault for calling it M/T.
99.99% of people when they see or hear M/T automatically think Mud Terrain.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and what does 3 peak mean? Excellent performance? I’d imagine they still wouldnt compete with a true snow tire though, right?

A three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol branded on a tire's sidewall indicates the tire meets required performance criteria in snow testing to be considered severe snow service-rated. Originally used as a designation for winter tires, the 3PMSF symbol is now featured on some all-season and all-terrain tires with snow performance that meets the testing criteria.

• Testing measures a tire's acceleration traction on medium-packed snow only. Braking and turning on snow, along with ice traction are not components of the test.
  • Tires branded with the 3PMSF symbol are expected to provide improved snow traction beyond a standard M+S branded all-season tire.

Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Goodyear is still waiting on test results for the Severe Snow Certification. If it passes, they will get the three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol.
Any idea when they'll know? This is a factor in my decision to go Squatch or sit tight with the KO2 on the Badlands.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea when they'll know? This is a factor in my decision to go Squatch or sit tight with the KO2 on the Badlands.
In the video he simply stated that they were waiting on the results and didn't give a timeframe.

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It does not help that one of the very first brochures that Ford released said they were Mud Terrain Tires.

F96D6E24-9451-4AA1-884B-1D7F53E94A77.jpeg

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does not help that one of the very first brochures that Ford released said they were Mud Terrain Tires.

F96D6E24-9451-4AA1-884B-1D7F53E94A77.jpeg
You really have to ask yourself about the quality of the Ford marketing departmen/back office when they continue to F so many things up. For a company that size they're a joke. They have incredibly low stanfards.

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You really have to ask yourself about the quality of the Ford marketing departmen/back office when they continue to F so many things up. For a company that size they're a joke. They have incredibly low stanfards.
Honestly I think the whole roll out has been a mess. Prototypes with options we can not get. The orders be filled in reservation order now with changes with include a formula based in sales, reservations converted to orders and Jeeps in your market. The worst interior color for the FE. Mike Lavine tweeting so much mis information. Delays in the B&P. No manual for the Sasquatch from the being. No retro colors. Top colors.

So much of the negative things that have happened could have been addressed with honest communication from Ford.

They learned nothing from the botched Explorer roll out.
Sponsored