imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just emailed GG, asking after my order from 11/30 and whether they have corrected the fitment issues that have been reported. If I don't hear from them by early next week, I will give them a call. I'm really not interested in paying $900 for the opportunity to fix their kit, LOL.

To be candid, if everyone following this thread emailed GG and asked about fitment issues, that would be a huge motivator for GG to take action!

Here's their contact:
https://www.goose-gear.com/pages/contact-dealer-installers
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just emailed GG, asking after my order from 11/30 and whether they have corrected the fitment issues that have been reported. If I don't hear from them by early next week, I will give them a call. I'm really not interested in paying $900 for the opportunity to fix their kit, LOL.

To be candid, if everyone following this thread emailed GG and asked about fitment issues, that would be a huge motivator for GG to take action!

Here's there contact:
@goosegear

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have yours bolted down using the original seat anchors? Is that how the GG one mounts? I'd definitely would wanna add anchor tracks to the floor for rachetting down gear securely.
It mounts with 8 bolts in the rear panel in the original holes for the cargo loops, then with 4 bolts in the front 2 panels in the original threaded holes for the seat tracks. The GG panels come with threaded inserts so you can add other GG add ons or whatever fits the bolt patterns.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is in the passenger side rear trim panel...no room anywhere else I could find.
I went with Lux trim because it already has locations sorted out, and even if I want to upgrade it makes things easier. If you don't have a factory sub, you should be able to get the panel for one and easily locate one there...but I am not sure if the non Lux versions are wired for a sub or not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Here's their contact:
I am not sure how much the proprietary Line X costs, but I imagine if an entire 6 foot pickup bed is like 500 then a 54x52ish platform should cost about 100 or so? And a 5x5 sheet of 1/2 birch in bulk should be around 50...and the hardware (bolts/mend plates/locking latch) maybe another 40-50? So maybe 200 total in parts? Then sawing/routing/other woodworking procedures...and the kit, with shipping ends up being close to 1000 dollars. I understand that labor can cost a great amount, but if GG is churning out these kits en masse then there should be somewhat lowered costs across the board. I feel like the entire kit is worth maybe 500.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are the issues you experienced related to the seat delete part or the trunk part?
I intend to order just the trunk GG cargo plate to mount a fridge slide on it, so I am trying to understand if I should expect issues with that one

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting! I had also considered GG but, after reading your review, I' crossing it off my list and will look for another alternative (perhaps even DIY). I'll most likely be looking at either a single rear seat-delete option, or perhaps something to just fill the gap behind the folded rear seats (without deleting the seats), giving up some rear floor height in favor of a flat floor.

hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the info about the GG kit. I won’t be buying it as a result of the review. Not interested in paying money for something with QC issues from the manufacturer.

Sponsored

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the write-up! I was very interested in this for my 2-door, but it seems to have some very serious issues. I'm not going to buy it unless GG fixes all of these issues. They have some time since so few 2-doors are getting built and shipped.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You ponder why the Bronco can have more versatile and flat fold down seats like the Honda Fit, Dodge Vans, Land Rover Discovery, etc. The challenge is all the vehicles you reference are unit body construction and, if they have rear axles, have independent suspensions. The Bronco is a body on frame truck with a solid axle rear suspension. It's a great off-road vehicle, but that comes with many compromises including the ability to make the space more versatile. Frankly, this is why the 2 door rear seat should be removable like it is on the Wrangler. People are obsessed with fold flat seats, but that just doesn't work well in a vehicle like this (also take a look at the previous generation Tahoe where they tried to make the third row fold vs removing them like on the prior generation. Those were terrible and took up way too much space. Just let me take them out.). The Bronco is great, but it can't necessarily be everything. Removable rear seats would be much better here.

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the write-up! I was very interested in this for my 2-door, but it seems to have some very serious issues. I'm not going to buy it unless GG fixes all of these issues. They have some time since so few 2-doors are getting built and shipped.
This isn't entirely development issues...
Go check out Jeep installs on YT. Many kits arrive with parts missing and spacers put in the wrong spot, etc.
I don't wanna rag on the company, but....🤷
Sponsored