Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a 5th gen 4runner...those seats fold flat as well. My LR3 had an awesome fold flat system, as did the older Discoveries, and I had in older Gwagen that had the best setup...you simply unbolt the rear seats and the floor was absolutely flat. Even the new JL 2 doors have a good system...you just squeeze the rods under the rear seat together and it lifts right out...totally flat floor. All those vehicles are body on frame. Ford just didn't bother to think ours through. They left studs sticking up and ran our wires and washer fluid hose right over the floor (my washer fluid line already sprang a leak)...hence the need to run a raised panel.
Absolute best rear seat fold and/or delete system IMHO is the Honda Elementā€¦.now thatā€™s some creative engineering there.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@broncorik, great review! Thank you so much for detailing your observations, feedback, and revisions with both text and photos.

I have so many thoughts that I want to convey.

First, your doggos are adorable! Especially the giant dog. Please tell me you named him Andre (the giant)! šŸ˜‚ OMG, he is huge!!! Itā€™s hard to believe that you can get all four dogs in the back of your 2-door comfortably! Seems like even a 4-door with seat delete might be tight, but I understand the more desirable aesthetics and off-road capabilities of the 2-door. I guess dog crates are out of the question, though. Nevertheless, the doggos probably deserve their own thread, which will undoubtedly put your reaction score on steroids. šŸ˜„

Second, Ford benchmarked the hell out of the Wrangler, and every design decision was made to either match or exceed Wranglerā€™s specifications and features, including cargo space. Yes, they could have designed for a completely flat cargo bay, but they intentionally chose to maximize the cargo space. I can understand their decision here, even if it is not optimal for all use cases.

Third, I am very disappointed with Goose Gearā€™s quality control on what must have been one of their very first 2-door orders. You would think they would have been watching those initial orders like a hawk, just to ensure a positive new product roll out. This kind of negative constructive product review, which is completely appropriate under the circumstances, can absolutely kill a new product offering in its tracks. Hopefully, we wonā€™t learn in the near future that GG is the Tier 3 supplier of the Broncoā€™s 2.7L oil dipsticks! šŸ¤£

Bottom line, I was very interested in the GG set-up early on, but my interest level has chilled dramatically after reading your review. I have little interest in paying close to $1,000 +/- for an aftermarket seat delete kit that is missing parts and has other parts that are incorrectly sized and must be modified by the end user. More importantly, when installed, this kit doesnā€™t even incorporate a full-width access hatch for the existing storage cubby. I have already modified that storage space by adding a $395 rear cargo vault, which would immediately be rendered useless by the GG set-up. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Thanks again for an excellent and thorough review. It was very helpful feedback for me. (y)

Last edited:

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the detailed install information! It is disappointing to see all the fitment issues. I was hoping for a more refined product.

I have the GG cargo platform on order for the 4dr. I was planning to let the shop do the install, but it looks like I might have to supervise; I'm sure to their dismay. ;)

Others have mentioned the American Adventure Lab system. I have to say the JL platform looks like a DIY solution. The Land Cruiser 200 looks much better.

JL:
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 1640877130509

LC:
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 1640877155242

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have a 5th gen 4runner...those seats fold flat as well. My LR3 had an awesome fold flat system, as did the older Discoveries, and I had in older Gwagen that had the best setup...you simply unbolt the rear seats and the floor was absolutely flat. Even the new JL 2 doors have a good system...you just squeeze the rods under the rear seat together and it lifts right out...totally flat floor. All those vehicles are body on frame. Ford just didn't bother to think ours through. They left studs sticking up and ran our wires and washer fluid hose right over the floor (my washer fluid line already sprang a leak)...hence the need to run a raised panel.
Exactly. My previous 4th and 5th gen 4Runners had flat folding rear seats.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the detailed install information! It is disappointing to see all the fitment issues. I was hoping for a more refined product.

I have the GG cargo platform on order for the 4dr. I was planning to let the shop do the install, but it looks like I might have to supervise; I'm sure to their dismay. ;)

Others have mentioned the American Adventure Lab system. I have to say the JL platform looks like a DIY solution. The Land Cruiser 200 looks much better.

JL:

LC:
I like that design but wonder how thick the aluminum would have to be to provide the same structural support as the birch? And aluminum has skyrocketed in cost lately...does that system have doors for storage access?

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@broncorik, great review! Thank you so much for detailing your observations, feedback, and revisions with both text and photos.

I have so many thoughts that I want to convey.

First, your doggos are adorable! Especially the giant dog. Please tell me you named him Andre (the giant)! šŸ˜‚ OMG, he is huge!!! Itā€™s hard to believe that you can get all four dogs in the back of your 2-door comfortably! Seems like even a 4-door with seat delete might be tight, but I understand the more desirable aesthetics and off-road capabilities of the 2-door. I guess dog crates are out of the question, though. Nevertheless, the doggos probably deserve their own thread, which will undoubtedly put your reaction score on steroids. šŸ˜„

Second, Ford benchmarked the hell out of the Wrangler, and every design decision was made to either match or exceed Wranglerā€™s specifications and features, including cargo space. Yes, they could have designed for a completely flat cargo bay, but they intentionally chose to maximize the cargo space. I can understand their decision here, even if it is not optimal for all use cases.

Third, I am very disappointed with Goose Gearā€™s quality control on what must have been one of their very first 2-door orders. You would think they would have been watching those initial orders like a hawk, just to ensure a positive new product roll out. This kind of negative constructive product review, which is completely appropriate under the circumstances, can absolutely kill a new product offering in its tracks. Hopefully, we wonā€™t learn in the near future that GG is the Tier 3 supplier of the Broncoā€™s 2.7L oil dipsticks! šŸ¤£

Bottom line, I was very interested in the GG set-up early on, but my interest level has chilled dramatically after reading your review. I have little interest in paying close $1,000 +/- for an aftermarket seat delete kit that is missing parts and has other parts that are incorrectly sized and must be modified by the end user. More importantly, when installed, this kit doesnā€™t even incorporate a full-width access hatch for the existing storage cubby. I have already modified that storage space by adding a $340 cargo vault, which would immediately be rendered useless by the GG set-up. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Thanks again for an excellent and thorough review. It was very helpful feedback for me. (y)
I don't like to give negative reviews all that often, but I think waiting 10 weeks for something only to have it not be installable out of the box took the wind out of my sails. To be fair, I didn't bother to simply repack it all back up and ask for GG to pay shipping to return it and to swap it out for another because I didn't want to wait another 10 weeks and I have doubts that everything I shared with them about the fitment would be addressed. I emailed them pictures and my findings and no one has yet replied. I would think that if in fact all their 2 door units in production or that have shipped are the same as mine that their phones will be lit up regularly...I am just trying to save them some negative press. If I owned a company and thought something I made (especially a 1000 dollar item) had any flaws in design I'd immediately reach out to the customer for more information.

My big dog is Odin...he is still young and loves car rides...and he just wants a flat floor.

I almost got the safe, and hesitated because of the GG half-door...no idea why they went with that, but even if they went wider it still most likely would not work due to the dimensions overall of the safe door. The irony for me is that my homemade panel setup would work because I made the entire rear section hinge upward.

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im waiting for them to develop one for the 4dr as I'll be removing the rear bench. I too have large dogs and the valley created when seats are folded is causing issues for them.

Who knows...maybe this winter I'll fab up my own. Not like I don't have the woodworking tools to do so, it's just the time I need to someone how source lol.

Last edited:

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that design but wonder how thick the aluminum would have to be to provide the same structural support as the birch? And aluminum has skyrocketed in cost lately...does that system have doors for storage access?
I'm not familiar with the AAL products. I was always planning on the GG system after seeing several installed units in Wrangler 4-doors.
I also went with their fridge slide and tailgate table.

A flat piece of aluminum seems like it might deform under the weight of a fridge rocking back and forth off roading, but maybe the fridge slider frame offers enough support? I'd want more than 4 corner fasteners attaching the slider to the plate, though. (They may have that)

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im waiting for them to develop one for the 4dr as I'll be removing the rear bench. I too have large dogs and the valley created when seats are folded is causing issues for them.

Who knows...maybe this winter I'll fab up my own. Not like I don't have the woodworking tools to do so, it's just the time I need to someone how source lol.
The valley issue sucks for dogs. I wish every auto manufacturer had a dog-person in engineering, so the cargo areas would be flat (which could also benefit non-dog owners who need to move any cargo). Jeep really did get the 2 door JL right...and even my LJ was flat with a removable rear seat. My 4 door JK, on the other hand, sucked for dogs because I had to remove the seat and then make a panel for it. Here are links to make us jealous:

The LR seat system IMHO was awesome...but with folded flat seats you lose overall height. The Bronco would be even more awsome if the manufacturer simply routed the wiring loom and washer fluid hose under the front seats, did not use studs for the rear seats, and made it possible to remove the rear seats belt receptacles. As is, you need a raised platform to accommodate those items.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The valley issue sucks for dogs. I wish every auto manufacturer had a dog-person in engineering, so the cargo areas would be flat (which could also benefit non-dog owners who need to move any cargo). Jeep really did get the 2 door JL right...and even my LJ was flat with a removable rear seat.
I haven't had my LJ rear bench in the jeep for 5yrs. Works perfect. Wife's '18 grand cherokee seats folded pretty flat and didn't have a dip which was nice. Bronco has since replaced the GC and here I am swearing everytime I hear a dog trip in the back on the 3-4" plastic lip, especially when its night time and the bronco being so dark inside.

Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Every GG review I've read/watched on YT has had some issues like you describe. Missing parts, spacers put in the wrong location, etc.
They definitely have a QC issue.
As for Ford making fold flat seating like the vehicle examples you mentioned...all those vehicles are front wheel drive. Even a AWD platform would have a shaft tunnel down the middle (Bronco needs way more vertical clearance).
After reading this, the delivery wait times and the cost, I think I'm just gonna DIY mine.
Can you please post more pictures?
What supports the platform directly behind the seats?
Storage space in the footwells?
having owned a 2012 Land Rover LR4 before, I can assure you that it is not front wheel drive. Center and rear locking diffs make it pretty hard to mistake for a fwd truck.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't had my LJ rear bench in the jeep for 5yrs. Works perfect. Wife's '18 grand cherokee seats folded pretty flat and didn't have a dip which was nice. Bronco has since replaced the GC and here I am swearing everytime I hear a dog trip in the back on the 3-4" plastic lip, especially when its night time and the bronco being so dark inside.
GC?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I recently received my Goose Gear Stealth rear seat delete and installed it in my 2 door Badlands. If anyone is thinking of going with this product, read on for what I consider the pros/cons.

For context, IMHO the interior space layout in both the 2 and 4 door leaves a lot to be desired. Specifically, the seats do not fold entirely flat, which wastes space and makes it tough to sleep/load cargo/take dogs places/etc. What I can't figure out is why so many automakers can't take cues from the few manufacturers who have figured out a way to make useful space when seats are folded down. For example, the Honda Fit, even though it is really small, has had flat cargo space ever since the first year. There is also the VW Atlas, certain Dodge vans, Landover LRs and Discoveries, etc.

On the Bronco 2 door, to get as flat as possible you have to fold the seat bottoms forward, then fold the backs flat...but after doing so, you lose overall length and have tilted up floor space. I have large dogs, so I need the space (and no I have no interest for myself in the 4 door Broncos, and even the 4 door space is limited by the way those seats fold).

On to my experience. I ordered the kit in early October, and planned for at least the 8 week wait advertised on the Goose Gear website. I called about 7 weeks in, only to be told by GG that they didn't receive my order until early November. Customers Cann it buy from GG directly, so I bought mine from a local 4x4 place...who claimed they submitted the order to GG the day after I ordered it through them. I have no way of finding out if the 4x4 or GG is being truthful in regard to the order date, but the end result of someone's error is that my order took nearly 10 weeks. The 10 weeks would not have been big deal IF the product was all sorted out, but there were some glitches (which, to be fair, are often to be expected in a new release...just like our Broncos)

The pros:

1. The panels (there are 3 of them and two access panels for our cubbies) are coated with Line X, which is a good idea because the panels are cut from Baltic Birch, which is not waterproof.

2. The panels are cut precisely, with rounded edges and steps.

3. The hardware seems stout.

4. The overall design is well thought-out, and addresses a real issue.

5. The kit came well-packaged with no damage.

The cons:

1. No instructions. The kit is pretty straightforward, so instructions are really not all that necessary, but if the kit has been in development for months I imagine shooting a video and providing a link should not be out of the question. The manufacturer indicated that instructions should be available soon.

2. For some reason, the blocks used under the panels are not all the correct height...and several packs are missing from key locations in which they should be installed to provide support for bolts to hold the panels down. This is a pretty big deal, because if I would have simply tried to install the panels as I received them there is no way I would have been able to install them successfully. To make them fit, I had to pry off several glued and stapled on blocks, replace them with the proper height blocks I sourced from Home Depot, and use some aluminum rectangular stock as supports. My hope is that GG will use the pictures and other information I shared to make adjustments on any new kits.

3. The carpet is supposed to be removed prior to installing the kit. I am not sure about the carpet layout in the Broncos, but the rubberized flooring in the Badlands and the Black Diamond is one piece...and to remove it I would have had to cut the one piece into two pieces just behind the front seats...which I had no interest in doing because it would have resulted in more road noise, less water resistance, and I would have ruined my factory rubberized flooring. I imagine other people won't want to modify their factory carpet or rubberized flooring either. Fortunately, after I installed the correct height blocks, I was able to leave my rubberized flooring intact.

4. Two of the required plates needed for connecting the panels together were missing (but the manufacturer is sending out replacements).

Overall I think the product has a lot of potential, but as-is IMHO it needs several tweaks.
Seems like a nice setup, the GG.

A little curious as to why you're confused on how Bronco doesn't have a flat floor.

The comparison to Fit is a great one!

-FWD
-no drive train behind the front axle
-on-road only
-lifted front seats to fit 10 gal fuel tank under front seats
-total vehicle payload of 850 lbs (including humans)

You sold me on it, Ford lost me, off to go get a Fit I go! Because it has a fold flat cargo area and can carry about 450 lbs of gear once you put humans inside. And is discontinued...

THAT is the Bronco people asked for, and Ford made some stupid POS purpose built off-road vehicle. Morons!

FWIW, I think you left a lot on the table here. Think about it, the AMC Gremlin also had a flat cargo area, plus better styling than the Fit. Just adding some rounds to your ammo clip for the next time the ol' Fit/Bronco comparison needs to drop.
Sponsored