First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fl150 super crew fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Talked my dealer into honoring x plan but he said they can't list it on the buyers agreement until they have a vin and invoice. I got him to write on the buyers agreement that they would honor x plan but the whole situation has me feeling iffy. For those of you who used x plan, was your experience similar?
Ford Bronco Got my confirmation but have questions about x plan Screenshot_20220117-155845~2
Sponsored

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You won’t get an answer because the Bronco isn’t currently eligible for x plan. They are just selling it to you cheaper than MSRP without the kickback from Ford.

OP
OP

DarthMcVader

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You won’t get an answer because the Bronco isn’t currently eligible for x plan. They are just selling it to you cheaper than MSRP without the kickback from Ford.
Yeah I'm just worried we are going to get to the table and them yank it.

cobro92

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah I'm just worried we are going to get to the table and them yank it.
Technically, they could do that to you. But what I would recommend is to just agree to the price first in writing. Have the sales manager draft up a bill of sale with the purchase price and sign it. This is not an uncommon request. Of course, a document like that isn't legally binding, but it at least should give you some peace of mind. Unless your dealer is a real ass I don't think they would do a bait and switch like that.

jamtra

Wildtrak
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer said Ford does not recognize x-plan for the bronco but they will honor it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DarthMcVader

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Technically, they could do that to you. But what I would recommend is to just agree to the price first in writing. Have the sales manager draft up a bill of sale with the purchase price and sign it. This is not an uncommon request. Of course, a document like that isn't legally binding, but it at least should give you some peace of mind. Unless your dealer is a real ass I don't think they would do a bait and switch like that.
Well the problem is they do not know invoice or Vin so they can't quote what the x plan would be

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well the problem is they do not know invoice or Vin so they can't quote what the x plan would be
If they go to look up X-Plan pricing on the Bronco the ordering system throws an error, even if you do have a VIN, because, as @MOBRONCO mentioned, X-plan is unavailable on the Bronco.

BUT... X-plan pricing follows a standard formula, so they don't need to look it up.

(Invoice * 99.6%) + (Destination/Delivery) + (Administration Fee)

Last I checked the administration fees included a $275 program fee and a $100 dealer doc fee.

Do they actually know that X-Plan is unavailable on the Bronco?? A dealer can choose to honor X-Plan pricing if they want, but as @MOBRONCO said, they won't get the kickback from Ford. The fact that they want to wait until they get a VIN number makes me think the dealership has no idea X-Plan is unavailable on the Bronco.

Last edited:

PozMonstet

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1 2001 Cobra 2014 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealership quoted me A/Z plan, D plan and X plan prices

OP
OP

DarthMcVader

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they go to look up X-Plan pricing on the Bronco the ordering system throws an error, even if you do have a VIN, because, as @MOBRONCO mentioned, X-plan is unavailable on the Bronco.

BUT... X-plan pricing follows a standard formula, so they don't need to look it up.

(Invoice * 99.6%) + (Destination/Delivery) + (Administration Fee)

Last I checked the administration fees included a $275 program fee and a $100 dealer fee.

Do they actually know that X-Plan is unavailable on the Bronco?? A dealer can choose to honor X-Plan pricing if they want, but as @MOBRONCO said, they won't get the kickback from Ford. The fact that they want to wait until they get a VIN number makes me think the dealership has no idea X-Plan is unavailable on the Bronco.
They did mention it was unavailable. I told them other dealers are honoring and if they aren't I'll go elsewhere. So they came back saying they would do it

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They did mention it was unavailable. I told them other dealers are honoring and if they aren't I'll go elsewhere. So they came back saying they would do it
You need a buyer's order, purchase agreement, bill of sale, or some other written price agreement then that is signed by you and the dealer that lists the actual selling price with all of the dealership documentation fees, taxes, etc. Only way to protect yourself on pricing.

Since they aren't going to get any X-plan kickback from Ford, they is no reason to wait for a VIN number or an X-plan PIN for pricing. This is just pure price negotiations between you and the dealer. You might as well not even say the words "X-Plan" because it has nothing to do with X-Plan other than you are just trying to match the selling price.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

DarthMcVader

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need a buyer's order, purchase agreement, bill of sale, or some other written price agreement then that is signed by you and the dealer that lists the actual selling price with all of the dealership documentation fees, taxes, etc. Only way to protect yourself on pricing.

Since they aren't going to get any X-plan kickback from Ford, they is no reason to wait for a VIN number or an X-plan PIN for pricing. This is just pure price negotiations between you and the dealer. You might as well not even say the words "X-Plan" because it has nothing to do with X-Plan other than you are just trying to match the selling price.

You can calculate it yourself if you want. Price guide with invoice pricing is available here. Destination and delivery is $1495. Admin fees are $375. Add it all up and calculate it out for your particular build. Then approach the dealer and negotiate on that price.
Do I do this off the invoice price and then add in packages after?

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a secondary dealer i've been talking to that is doing MSRP. I mentioned having an X-plan pin number, and the salesman said 'we honor x-plan, IF Ford allows it.' đźš©đźš© To which I replied, Ford isn't allowing it, but several dealers are using it to secure sales. He keeps avoiding the conversation about it after I mentioned that. That's their way of keeping you on the line without actually saying no at first, weary of losing a sale. They have way more allocations than my original dealer, which hopefully cuts my wait time in half after I put my order in.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do I do this off the invoice price and then add in packages after?
Invoice price of the entire Bronco.

So for example... say you are ordering a Base Bronco with the Sasquatch package. Without X-Plan the cost would be $38,180.00 before taxes/doc fees.

invoice price on a Base Bronco is $29,643. Sasquatch package invoice pricing is $6,195.

So your formula would be this:
(($29643 + $6195) * 99.6%) + $1495 + $375 = $37,564.65

OP
OP

DarthMcVader

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Invoice price of the entire Bronco.

So for example... say you are ordering a Base Bronco with the Sasquatch package. Without X-Plan the cost would be $38,180.00 before taxes/doc fees.

invoice price on a Base Bronco is $29,643. Sasquatch package invoice pricing is $6,195.

So your formula would be this:
(($29643 + $6195) * 99.6%) + $1495 + $375 = $37,564.65
Got it. Thanks!
Sponsored