Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Definitely would, but tailgate is bent shut and I can’t access my fridge or cargo security drawer with my gear in it. Plus my hitch got nailed so I have do idea if there is further damage. Off roasting may not be such a good idea.
I was rear ended. If your hitch was pushed in at all, I can pretty much guarantee your frame is bent. Also you need to look at the rear floor board in the trunk area. If the floor board is buckled, the replacement part is an entire new tub from the firewall back, currently none available. Either one of those outcomes will total the Bronco. PM me if you need to talk. Having just gone through this.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone is fine…sore…but fine. So depressed right now - my summer trips are hosed. She actually held up fairly well considering I was rammed by a Ram 2500. What does everyone think the over/under is on how long this will take to get fixed.

Also, any suggestions for other things that should be checked out other than the obvious damage?

2E0F1DFD-E21D-4C3A-984D-32755FA9B32F.jpeg
67FB2BE2-FCC2-4936-9EB6-067BAF152FE0.jpeg
8154B5D3-04C1-493E-92A4-D35A78F1064E.jpeg
Aww that sucks!

If nobody else mentioned it, make sure you get that spare wheel checked it could be bent. (That happened to a friend's Jeep, he didn't notice until like two years later).

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thats my worst nightmare! Hope it gets fixed fast if not make a a trailer out of it.

Lou-Q

Wildtrak
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90,11,19 F250 15 mustang Gt 50th ann. 2020 gt 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sorry to see this, and have no idea how long it would take to source repair parts, but my advice is to put some plastic over the rear window opening in the meantime and keep those summer trips!

EDIT: Just noticed the Indiana plate. I'm near Bedford.
I'm near Bedford also (Silverville/Williams). Where are you?
Lou
Orange 2 door Wildtrak

Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm near Bedford also (Silverville/Williams). Where are you?
Lou
Orange 2 door Wildtrak
@Lou-Q

Please check your messages so i don't derail this thread.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To give you some current info, mine has been with the collision repair place for a bit over 2 weeks and they still haven't given the estimate to the insurance company. All the good collision places around here are running at capacity so that combined with parts is going to drag things out.

Good luck.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To give you some current info, mine has been with the collision repair place for a bit over 2 weeks and they still haven't given the estimate to the insurance company. All the good collision places around here are running at capacity so that combined with parts is going to drag things out.

Good luck.
Hmm, insurance companies use their own estimators and generally, do not rely on your body shops estimators. If you take it to say, an Allstate certified body shop, and you have Allstate insurance, that maybe a bit different. I will add, it took the insurance companies in my case, 2 -3 weeks too decide fault, wait to hear from all parties, agree to who is paying. Btw, the other parties insurance company never did hear from the other vehicle owner or the guy driving her car that hit me.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been seeing a lot of Bronco's getting rear ended. I wonder if the brake lights are hard to see or if the tail lights are harder to see? I think i'm going to add a strobe/flasher to the 3rd brake light on mine right away, see if it helps. I added one to my 2002 Camaro Z28 because people would almost hit me. Tap the brakes a few times over a 3-4 second period and the near misses stopped...
In my case, if the lady had been watching the road and not her DAMN PHONE she would not have run into us! The amount of people on the road today that I see texting on their phones while driving down the highway at 70 mph is unbelievable!

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmm, insurance companies use their own estimators and generally, do not rely on your body shops estimators. If you take it to say, an Allstate certified body shop, and you have Allstate insurance, that maybe a bit different. I will add, it took the insurance companies in my case, 2 -3 weeks too decide fault, wait to hear from all parties, agree to who is paying. Btw, the other parties insurance company never did hear from the other vehicle owner or the guy driving her car that hit me.
The other party contacted their insurance company shortly after I did. The insurance company accepted fault (pretty quickly) and are getting the estimate through the repair place that I said I preferred...I think they also use them. No idea if this is normal for them or what.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The other party contacted their insurance company shortly after I did. The insurance company accepted fault (pretty quickly) and are getting the estimate through the repair place that I said I preferred...I think they also use them. No idea if this is normal for them or what.
It depends on the state you live in. Definitely normal for Minnesota.
Sponsored