First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak High - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So sorry to hear this, but glad to know he was a child of God. Brings things into perspective for sure. Praying for comfort for a grieving family and friends. God’s will be done.
Jesus saves.
Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spoke with him once and he reminded me of a farmer From back home. There wasn’t a nicer man. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. I am sure their are a lot of them!

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Albert was a class act for sure. My first interaction with him last year was while he was in the hospital. I could not believe that he was talking to me while he was in the hospital.

My last few interactions with him were while he was in the hospital. We had some great conversations and he mentioned that this Bronco launch and interacting with this forum and the new Granger customers was one the best times he has had in the business. He truly loved what he did and it showed. That is why we are all here giving our condolences.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and the Granger family. He will truly be missed.

Evanm14

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce the passing of Albert Schmitz (Granger Ford). Albert was instrumental in getting us involved with this forum, a 25+ year employee, father, husband and friend.

Albert professed to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. While broncos are great, I believe Albert would rather see you in heaven someday than deliver your Bronco to you here on earth.

He leaves big shoes to fill and Sean and Amanda on our staff will do their best to fulfill our obligations to the Bronco community.

His impact cannot be understated for our store. My first interactions with Albert were as a 14 year old working in our detail shop and ended with me as the dealer principal and him as my employee. The 20 years in-between have been great, both learning a lot from each other.

We appreciate your thoughts and prayers for his family and co-workers.

IMG_9961.jpeg
I am so sorry, he was a tremendous asset to not only your store, Ford Motor Co, but he showed skeptics that you can trust people when it comes to important decision making and buying an expensive asset.

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm saddened by this news of his passing.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his Family and his Granger family.

He will be greatly missed.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

RIP Albert! I feel for his family and extended family at Granger.

He was a positive influencer within the automotive family and will be remembered for his contribution to our lives.

False

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I think it speaks volumes to a person’s character if they can leave such a positive impact on so many people selling them a car. Automotive buying is hands down a bad experience at almost any dealership. Albert came in and set the standard of how selling vehicles to enthusiasts should be. I ended up buying from John at Stephens but that wouldn’t have even happened without Albert starting the trend of community involvement and up front communication.

Sponsored

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What a horrible loss to the community. My best to the friends, family, and everyone in between that got to know Albert.

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Heritage, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It pleases me that (Albert's) kindness is so infectious. In spite of real and contrived evidence to the contrary, I believe we all crave to give and receive kindness in our interactions with others, and Albert could not help but to do his part. We gladly responded in kind then, and again so now!

Bless you, Albert!

Someone more talented than I should design a little Granger/Albert sticker in memory of him. Something small to put on all our Broncos as a tribute.
Ford Bronco Granger Ford - Passing of Albert Schmitz 1625363518072

I'd proudly wear this on my bronco!

Last edited:

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Albert is the reason I am buying my Bronco through a dealership that is 1,800 miles away from my home. I hope you guys at Granger Ford can relay to his family how much we appreciated his honesty and professionalism. My condolences.