PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Granger Ford , were you going to continue batching out emails Monday if you don’t get them all out today? Just curious when to look for mine.

Edit: yes, BATCHING, Not bitching ?
Jamie @Granger Ford just called me. (She is lovely and is helping out Albert and Zach). Yes, they are sending out in batches and said another batch just went out (spoke to her at ~2:30 PST). I hope ya’ll have a lovely thanksgiving break and get your rest now, Albert, Zach, and Jamie... December and January is gonna be a wild ride for you! (Pun intended).

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now I'm confused again... So if I switch my rez to Granger now am I less likely, more likely, or as likely to get my truck if then if I stick with my original dealer which I don't want to do because why would I pay more.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now I'm confused again... So if I switch my rez to Granger now am I less likely, more likely, or as likely to get my truck if then if I stick with my original dealer which I don't want to do because why would I pay more.
Literally no way to know... so my recommendation is to choose your dealer for other reasons... like price, or communication, or transparency, or accessibility, or because their name starts with “Gr” and ends in “anger.”

Anyway you slice it, a reservation that converts to an order is a sale... there’s zero chance Ford would just, like, not fulfill every order as quickly as they are able... regardless of the dealer.

The allocation formula (that we have zero info on) is just a way for Ford to decide where they will send each Bronco as it comes off the line... not which customers will receive one and which customers won’t.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Depends when your reservation was made. If you switch to Granger and your reservation is early Then you’ll be fine, it its really late, then you may not get it til later - regardless of which dealer. It’s all about your place in line, and chances are if you early or late it’s going to be relatively the same at either dealer.

GRanger is probably getting a ‘special’ allocation (meaning more than most) so you might be better off there. But I could be wrong.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Depends when your reservation was made. If you switch to Granger and your reservation is early Then you’ll be fine, it its really late, then you may not get it til later - regardless of which dealer. It’s all about your place in line, and chances are if you early or late it’s going to be relatively the same at either dealer.

GRanger is probably getting a ‘special’ allocation (meaning more than most) so you might be better off there. But I could be wrong.
We have no clue if any of that is correct. Even with people that have an early reservation they could get screwed. We really don't know how the allocation process will happen. Only Ford does and considering they can change things however they want we won't know for a while. I doubt they will get "special allocation". Other Ford dealers would get wind of that and complain and Ford could end up changing things. There are a lot of dealers that have people with early reservations and I doubt Ford will send their allocation to mainly granger and screw over all the other early reservations at other dealers. Plus we have no idea how many broncos they will be making weekly.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We have no clue if any of that is correct. Even with people that have an early reservation they could get screwed. We really don't know how the allocation process will happen. Only Ford does and considering they can change things however they want we won't know for a while. I doubt they will get "special allocation". Other Ford dealers would get wind of that and complain and Ford could end up changing things. There are a lot of dealers that have people with early reservations and I doubt Ford will send their allocation to mainly granger and screw over all the other early reservations at other dealers. Plus we have no idea how many broncos they will be making weekly.
yep, and that is why I said at the end “but I could be wrong”

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yep, and that is why I said at the end “but I could be wrong”
could be and definitely are two totally different things, but I joke ?. Knowing how Ford has handled this release I am sure we will all be surprised at how they handle allocations and probably not in a good way.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If your build has some obscure accessory that isn't DIA and the part is back-ordered then you're waiting until content comes in before they start your rig.

Nothing to it but to wait. Granger won't have any say in this and will get their monthly allocation however the Ford mothership decides to do it. Clearly they are high volume, but they aren't likely to be getting 300 units a month while the highest volume dealerships in the country (across all models) get 3-5 Broncos a month.

Basically you're going to wait and go through the build process as Ford has it. It's not tailor made to satisfy Tom, Dick, Jane and Suzie Q in Shaboikey IL as individuals. It's made to produce hundreds of thousands of units from parts sourced all over the globe and assembled in massive, complex factories as quickly as they can so they can sell them to dealerships and recoup the billions and billions of dollars invested in bringing this vehicle to market.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They sure as hell don't have it figured out yet and I do not expect that they'll provide the consumer an update in the timeframe they stated. I hope they prove me wrong but so far they're batting 0 for 70 at this point.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They sure as hell don't have it figured out yet and I do not expect that they'll provide the consumer an update in the timeframe they stated. I hope they prove me wrong but so far they're batting 0 for 70 at this point.
They already have over $1B invested in just the chassis. And probably another $2-3B in tooling, manufacturer, outsourcing and dev.

Going to make a wild stab in the dark that they are working this out, but realized that constant updates to individuals just creates a S-Fing Sandwich of pissy children instead of informed customers.

Or of course the other option that they cancelled the product wholesale and are waiting until 1/1/21 to record the ~$3B loss so Q4 looks a bit better for that investment call.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received a prank call from Granger yesterday. Tried to pick up but they hung up before I could grab it.

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you don’t have an email yet, just assume it will be “late availability” email.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They already have over $1B invested in just the chassis. And probably another $2-3B in tooling, manufacturer, outsourcing and dev.

Going to make a wild stab in the dark that they are working this out, but realized that constant updates to individuals just creates a S-Fing Sandwich of pissy children instead of informed customers.

Or of course the other option that they cancelled the product wholesale and are waiting until 1/1/21 to record the ~$3B loss so Q4 looks a bit better for that investment call.
Fully aware. They just need to stop giving people timeframes of things or backtracking on items is what I'm saying, then when they can't deliver people get upset. Had they not given dates for things, they could just let people know they're working on it, dialing it in etc. and will be ready soon.

The phrases "we're listening" and now the common one "late availability" rubs people the wrong way.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fully aware. They just need to stop giving people timeframes of things or backtracking on items is what I'm saying, then when they can't deliver people get upset. Had they not given dates for things, they could just let people know they're working on it, dialing it in etc. and will be ready soon.

The phrases "we're listening" and now the common one "late availability" rubs people the wrong way.
They will never give this much info to customers again, if they learn their lesson.

Ranger had info about 2-3 weeks before order banks went live. That's the extent and breadth of what Americans can handle. Oh, they SAY they want/need/deserve more info. But if this forum is any indication of facts; they don't and can't handle it.
Sponsored