Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because a whole slew of people would be wasting their time . It's $400 more added to your initial $100 reservation deposit . If you are truly serious about purchasing a new Bronco then why even ask the question ?
Lol because it's not wasting a dealership's time to have someone walk away and be able to sell the thing for thousands more than what you were going to sell it for to the person who ordered it. If a dealership is going to make an additional deposit mandatory, it shouldn't be refundable (if they see people walking away as wasting their time). Granger isn't asking for an additional deposit. You know why? Because they know they will have zero problem selling it (probably at a hefty markup) if someone has to bail for whatever reason.
Sponsored

ChrisE

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Need one in the tri-state area. (NY/NJ?CT) if anyone has heard of any dealer offering discounts, let us know. the local dealers in NJ haven't offered anything

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oddly informative for a first post on such a specific topic. ?
The turds only show up after bad news, coincidence?

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can almost assuredly let you know the reason he was asked to take this down is:

1. The offer was illegal in La.

2. They had no comprehension or actual understanding that the weighted formula for national and regional distribution meant they wouldn't receive anywhere close to what they perceived.

3. I would speculate they don't receive even 10 to 20% of what they believed. I hope many of you who switched to the dealer who overpromised and underdelivered aren't left hanging out to dry. We already know that over 50% of reservations nationally won't be produced/received in 2021. If you switched to this dealer you've probably unwittingly put yourself much further down in the process.

4. From all the available data there's a total gross available on these units of $500 on the base to $1900 on the First Edition with a 2% behind the line receivable to the dealer for advertising and floor plan costs. Candidly, you're better off establishing a relationship if you trust your local dealer as this simply isn't a profit fest for dealers.
Damn you Marvin!!!:poop:

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol because it's not wasting a dealership's time to have someone walk away and be able to sell the thing for thousands more than what you were going to sell it for to the person who ordered it. If a dealership is going to make an additional deposit mandatory, it shouldn't be refundable (if they see people walking away as wasting their time). Granger isn't asking for an additional deposit. You know why? Because they know they will have zero problem selling it (probably at a hefty markup) if someone has to bail for whatever reason.
I owned a business for 20 years that required a deposit for many of the things we offered . You underestimate the number of people that would come in or overwhelm a salesperson with email questions that are not serious about actually buying . There's a point when a dealer would not want extra Broncos arriving that were not going to be picked up . If a person is strapped enough to worry about the extra $400 that will be credited towards the purchase then they probably need to listen to Dave Ramsey instead of wasting time on B & P . :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mattbar1

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is likely the reason:

§723. Advertising at Cost or Invoice A. No advertisement shall be run which uses the term or terms "invoice;" "cost;" "percent over/under cost, invoice or profit;" "$$$ over/under cost, invoice or profit." AUTHORITY NOTE: Promulgated in accordance with R.S. 32:1253.E. HISTORICAL NOTE: Promulgated by the Office of the Governor, Motor Vehicle Commission, LR 34:77 (January 2008).

http://www.lmvc.la.gov/rules/Advertising Rules.pdf

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was so looking forward to touring the RedNeck Rivera in my new Bronco. ☹

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is likely the reason:

§723. Advertising at Cost or Invoice A. No advertisement shall be run which uses the term or terms "invoice;" "cost;" "percent over/under cost, invoice or profit;" "$$$ over/under cost, invoice or profit." AUTHORITY NOTE: Promulgated in accordance with R.S. 32:1253.E. HISTORICAL NOTE: Promulgated by the Office of the Governor, Motor Vehicle Commission, LR 34:77 (January 2008).

http://www.lmvc.la.gov/rules/Advertising Rules.pdf
Yeah that would do it.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All -

Rob Stine at Matt Bowers asked me to take this down. He said he was reported to LMVC.

LIFETIME WARRANTY FAQ

0aa6d6608b3848aba8e953c01f652ed4_2547x662.png

WHICH VEHICLES QUALIFY FOR THE MATT BOWERS LIFETIME WARRANTY?
The Warranty applies to all new vehicles other than those for commercial use. It also applies to select pre-owned vehicles that are 5 calendar years old or newer, with 80,000 miles or less, that have passed our Lifetime Warranty certification program and a CarFax or similar inspection.

HOW LONG IS THE MATT BOWERS LIFETIME WARRANTY REALLY GOOD FOR?
The Matt Bowers Lifetime Warranty is valid for as long as you own the vehicle - for Unlimited Miles, Unlimited Time.

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Zero. Our goal is to build "Customers for Life" so the Matt Bowers Lifetime Warranty comes standard with every qualifying vehicle meeting the criteria above, and the warranty is included at no charge.

IS ANY EXTRA MAINTENANCE REQUIRED TO MAINTAIN THE MATT BOWERS LIFETIME WARRANTY?
No extra maintenance is required. You must simply follow the manufacturer's Recommended Maintenance as referred to in the owner's manual.

WHERE AM I COVERED BY THE MATT BOWERS LIFETIME WARRANTY?
The Matt Bowers Lifetime Warranty is good at any ASE repair facility in the United States and Canada.

DO I HAVE TO HAVE ALL MY SERVICE COMPLETED AT THE MATT BOWERS DEALERSHIP?
We would love for you to come back to us for all your service needs, but no, you are not required to come here to maintain the warranty. You simply must perform the Manufacturer's Recommended maintenance and keep your records. It's that easy!

IS THE MATT BOWERS LIFETIME WARRANTY TRANSFERRABLE IF I SELL THE VEHICLE?
No. The Matt Bowers Lifetime Warranty stays with the owner as long as they own the vehicle.

ARE THERE ANY HIDDEN FEES?
No, there are no hidden fees. Matt Bowers provides this warranty as an added-value to our customers for doing business with us.

WHAT'S COVERED UNDER THE LIFETIME WARRANTY?
The components covered will be the exact same as the Factory "Powertrain" Warranty and include:

ENGINE
  • Cylinder block
  • Cylinder head(s)
  • EGR valve
  • Engine mounts
  • Exhaust manifold(s)
  • Flywheel or flexplate
  • Harmonic balancer
  • Intake manifold Intercooler
  • Oil pan
  • Oil pump
  • Ring gear
  • Rotor housings and internal parts
  • Timing chain(s) or belt(s)
  • Timing chain or belt tensioner(s) and timing chain or belt cover
  • Timing gears
  • Turbocharger or supercharger housing(s) and internal parts
  • Vacuum pump Valve cover(s)
  • Wastegate Water pump

TRANSMISSION
  • Cooler and metal cooler lines
  • Manual clutch assembly slave cylinder and master cylinder
  • Torque converter
  • Transaxle case
  • Transfer case and internal parts
  • Transmission case
  • Transmission mounts
  • Vacuum modulator

DRIVETRAIN ASSEMBLY
  • 4x4 locking hub
  • Axle shafts and bearings
  • Center bearings and drive shaft yokes
  • Control processor and sensors
  • Drive shaft(s)
  • Final drive and axles housing(s) and internal parts for both front- and rear-wheel drive
  • Four-wheel drive engagement actuator/motor
  • Solenoids
  • Traction control linkage
  • Universal and constant velocity joints

Man , this is like Ford telling me I can't have MGV in my 60k Wildtrak :(

Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I suppose they could still offer the deal when you come in, just not advertise it.
Sponsored