First Name
BadBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone else experienced hail damage to their Bronco? We had some minor hood damage and wonder if anyone has recommendations on how to remove hail dimples to aluminum hoods?
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone else experienced hail damage to their Bronco? We had some minor hood damage and wonder if anyone has recommendations on how to remove hail dimples to aluminum hoods?
Yea, had two storms in MB this summer.

My hood took the brunt of the damage with about 20 dents. Front fenders have three hits, driver door has two and the Roof line portion of the A Pillar took a hit too.

Insurance has me in for about $2000 in damages, which will be PDR’d (Paintless Dent Repair). They figure it’s going to need two days in the shop for the magicians to work their magic

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you search the forum, you will find several people have used PDR very effectively on getting hail dents out of their Broncos. Do your homework to find a reputable shop with aluminum panel experience.

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got caught in two parts of the same hail storm leaving Rapid City back over labor day weekend. thankfully I was able to get to cover both times, but not after my bronco took some hits. Thankfully no hardtop or glass damage from it. There were some hood dimples but they were so minor that you can't see them unless you put your eyes right up to the hood level with it. To me it's not worth repairing unless they are deep so I decided against any repair. A good shop should be able to PDR it if they've worked with other aluminum bodied vehicles.

Slider

Big Bend
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Lariot, 2023 Bronco BB, 2021 BroncoSport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When they delivered mine from the dealership as luck would have it they drove it right thru a hail storm....49 dents in the hood....They did the PDR technique on it and it came back perfect! I was very impressed as I figured I would be able to tell it had been repaired and was going to decline the Bronco.

IMG_2099 (1).JPG

IMG_E2463.JPG

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, PDR works great for most non crinkled paint but it is very expensive.
Sponsored