Sponsored

Hardtop Hoist - easy and cheap and it works!

KDTX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw some similar designs with Jeeps/Youtube videos. It actually works fairly well.

Park truck where you want to lift up the top, mark ceiling. Tape the floor around the drivers rear tire. Make a box so you know where to pull back in. You can see it when reverse back in if you open the door and look back.
Installed eyelets about 40" apart in the ceiling.
Remove the 2 front sections of the top
Remove all the bolts, etc.
Run the straps through rubber insulation. Run them from the back eyelets, between the rear window and top, OVER the rear roll bar, then to the front through the front ratchets.
Now stand in the truck facing the back and start ratching, alternating each strap a few cranks at a time. You kinda put one foot on the outside jamb and kneel on the center console (so not standing on the seats)
It will lift a little more in the front than the rear. You can kind of straighten out/level it after you pull out.

For reinstallation, just reverse the process.

I think this is probably max $40

20220319_134904.jpg
Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice. I just installed an electric hoist in my garage this past weekend for the top. Having setups like these are a must for the hardtops.

Screenshot_20220318-164452_Photos.jpg

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can get a hoist rated for 440lbs from Wallyworld ($90) or Harbor Freight ($119, but wait for a sale and it'll be about the same as Walmart). They seem to be almost identical except for the controller.

I've been using the HF version for 5+ years now - originally got it to remove my roofrack, but discovered it saves blowing out my back to use it to regularly remove/replace my 35" spare tire.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VEVOR-El...uto-Shop-Overhead-Lift/125565391?athbdg=L1700

https://www.harborfreight.com/440-lb-electric-hoist-with-remote-control-60346.html?_br_psugg_q=hoist

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice! Not a bad idea. Might have to try a setup like this, I was thinking of buying an electric hoist and rigging that up but this seems like it would work just as well.

Also, what kind of insulation did you use for the straps?

OP
OP

KDTX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, what kind of insulation did you use for the straps?
It is rubber insulation. Doesn't compress as much as the cheap foam. Figured it would be better for the edges/rubber gasket of the hardtop.
Sponsored