Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’m sitting in the living room tonight at about 10 o’clock and my daughter calls me to tell me that the Bronco lights are on. I know that both sets of keys are on the shelf where they belong and I’m the only one with the Ford app.

I went outside to check, and sure enough the tail lights and headlights were both on. I unlock and open the door and the headlight dial was dark, so I started the bronco and now could see that the headlight switch was in the non-auto headlight position. I turned it back to auto where it’s always at, then locked the Bronco and went back inside.

I know you’re all thinking that I simply bumped the dial with my knee the last time I was in the Bronco, so I checked my security camera footage, and sure enough the lights automatically just turned on all by themselves about five minutes earlier.

There is no reasonable explanation for how that could have happened as both keys were accounted for, and I wasn’t on the Ford app.

Sponsored

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, and I already have a service appointment with Ford for tomorrow morning to look at a battery voltage issue. I keep getting notifications that my Bronco is going into deep sleep mode due to low voltage.
Ford Bronco Headlights turned on by themselves C39CF2F1-298F-48D7-8951-8817294BB3D2

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There's another thread somewhere here with the exact same headlight issue. I've also experienced it myself. Over at the Mustang Mach-E forum (nearly identical headlight switch setup), it's been accepted that there's a software issue within the headlight switch, as folks have swapped out switches to no avail. Same dark backlighting, which comes back on when you reset the switch like how you described.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's another thread somewhere here with the exact same headlight issue. I've also experienced it myself. Over at the Mustang Mach-E forum (nearly identical headlight switch setup), it's been accepted that there's a software issue within the headlight switch, as folks have swapped out switches to no avail. Same dark backlighting, which comes back on when you reset the switch like how you described.
Thanks for pointing out that other thread. Looking through it now and it doesn’t seem like there’s a good resolution yet.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for pointing out that other thread. Looking through it now and it doesn’t seem like there’s a good resolution yet.
No problem! Fingers crossed an OTA update might possibly fix the bad software. Annoying little gremlin in an otherwise awesome truck.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Title reminded me of getting an erection during Algebra class 2 minutes before the bell rang for no apparent reason...🙂...

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yay computers!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I’m sitting in the living room tonight at about 10 o’clock and my daughter calls me to tell me that the Bronco lights are on. I know that both sets of keys are on the shelf where they belong and I’m the only one with the Ford app.

I went outside to check, and sure enough the tail lights and headlights were both on. I unlock and open the door and the headlight dial was dark, so I started the bronco and now could see that the headlight switch was in the non-auto headlight position. I turned it back to auto where it’s always at, then locked the Bronco and went back inside.

I know you’re all thinking that I simply bumped the dial with my knee the last time I was in the Bronco, so I checked my security camera footage, and sure enough the lights automatically just turned on all by themselves about five minutes earlier.

There is no reasonable explanation for how that could have happened as both keys were accounted for, and I wasn’t on the Ford app.
Good morning. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer so we can get to the bottom of your Bronco's headlight issues?

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I find that manually turning the switch so that it is off, before shutting down and exiting the vehicle, keeps the lights off. Otherwise, within an hour they will come on, on their own. It appears to be faulty software as no other parts replacements seem to work.

Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good morning. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer so we can get to the bottom of your Bronco's headlight issues?
My 1st edition just did the exact same thing. Head lights and tail lights on for no reason at all. Glad my wife asked me why I have the truck lights on.
Sponsored