Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Funny, I've never heard a woman talk about the heated steering wheel. It's only men. Who once they have them, say they will never go back.
Sponsored

42green

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 Regular Cab 4x4 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or at least the heated seats. Iā€™m feeling the same way. If I get a Bronco Iā€™m driving it in the Northeast winter and I want heated seats and preferably a heated steering wheel too.

This has really got me considering ditching my reservation or possibly holding out until MY22 in hopes Ford gets its head out of its ass.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Heated mirrors are a nice option too... thankfully that's an easy mod to do and tie into the aux switches unlike the steering wheel.
Aren't heated mirrors standard across all models?

Ford Bronco Heated Steering Wheel Screenshot_20210131-081129_Chrome

MattECDNdealer

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Demo: 21 Bronco BL (2dr 2.3 MT) Toy: 04 TJ Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has really got me considering ditching my reservation or possibly holding out until MY22 in hopes Ford gets its head out of its ass.
There would have to be a major shift in packaging ideology across Ford's entire line. Ford holds heated steering wheel as a "luxury'" feature, even up here in Canada. Look to the F-150, you need to be in a "high" package Lariat before you get a heated steering wheel, there no "cold weather" package to get it lower, even though other brands have offered it for a while. It has been like this in F-150 for as long as they have offered heated steering wheel.

Wait if you like, but I doubt they will change it.

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm one of those people who are only getting the lux package because of the heated steering wheel. I had it on a Jeep Grand Cherokee and I first I thought it was silly, but then winter rolled around and it become my favorite feature in the car. Later on I bought the Audi A5, and it was the one feature it didn't have. I figured I would just get it installed aftermarket. That proved to be a poor choice as the cost and complication of that proved to be too much. I've regretted not getting it since, so now I'm going to drop 60K on a truck just to have certain features like a heating steering wheel and electronically controlled leather seats. It's silly, but once the build got over the $45K mark i thought it was too expensive to not have certain creature comforts.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a native of cold winters.

Ford not offering a cold weather package is a major insult to its purchasers. Seriously. Ford HQ is in Michigan. this Bronco is designed and built by Northerners. The target market includes hunters, campers, hikers, not to mention normal folk.

Ford not offering a winter package except inside the super expensive trim plus package is the moral equivalent of price gouging for PPE in a pandemic, or for bottled water after a hurricane.

ā€Itā€™s just businessā€ is not an acceptable answer. Youre being a traitor to your people. Itā€™s downright treason to put this out of reach in a northern climate.
That's what remote start is for ..don't need a heated steering wheel. But air conditioned seats ..now we are talking

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agree it should be in a cold weather package. Ford used to offer it on other models.

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey man it can get cold here too. It was almost 60 degrees the other day.

Jokes aside, I lived in NY 3 out of the past 4 winters so I get it, but it just seems like such a insignificant feature if your car already has a heater and heated seats

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is this one of those old person features that I'm too young and spry to understand?
Id say it's a young person thing that an old person might not get lol

It's actually one of those things where if you've never had it, you wouldn't understand.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey man it can get cold here too. It was almost 60 degrees the other day.

Jokes aside, I lived in NY 3 out of the past 4 winters so I get it, but it just seems like such a insignificant feature if your car already has a heater and heated seats
The first things that get cold for me are my fingers.

So even if I turn the heated seats on and heater on blast... it's the steering wheels heat on my fingers that heat me first and quickest

It's gravy on the potatoes you know? Nobody complains about HAVING gravy

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's gravy on the potatoes you know? Nobody complains about HAVING gravy
True. I haven't ever used it before so maybe I don't know what I'm missing. Perhaps ignorance is bliss after checking the price tag on Lux.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
True. I haven't ever used it before so maybe I don't know what I'm missing. Perhaps ignorance is bliss after checking the price tag on Lux.
It's a double edged blade
If you never experienced these features... save your money and stick to what you know

BuT once you've had it, it's so hard to go back
For instance my kia is a 2011 and was 29k back then and has heated steering wheels. Its woukd be really difficult for me to get a vehicle 2x the cost, without at least those same features
Sponsored