Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

how about this should I be happy with a new engine at 60 miles? true story and happening to me.
Yes. It really doesn’t matter. It’s covered under warranty. Not big issue. You’ll be okay.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cmecatchu2

cmecatchu2

Wildtrak
First Name
Anne Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes. It really doesn’t matter. It’s covered under warranty. Not big issue. You’ll be okay.
You say all this because it isnt you! I guarantee if it was you wouldnt be. Warranty or not I do not trust it or the Bronco anymore. How about you buy it off me? Put your money where your mouth is 65k and its yours.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You say all this because it isnt you! I guarantee if it was you wouldnt be. Warranty or not I do not trust it or the Bronco anymore. How about you buy it off me? Put your money where your mouth is 65k and its yours.
Check out the experiences of 66 other folks who had their 2.7L Bronco's suffer catastrophic engine failure. There is a lot of vitriol and learned experiences in the hundreds of pages of posts there. Many of these folks had to wait months for their Bronco's to get repaired. Two or three people got their Bronco's back only to suffer a second engine failure. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...re-list-66-so-far-updated-september-21.31951/

Ultimately, it seems like most were ultimately happy with the repair results. Ford was pretty good about privately giving an extended warranty so pursue that with Ford on yours.

OP
OP
cmecatchu2

cmecatchu2

Wildtrak
First Name
Anne Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check out the experiences of 66 other folks who had their 2.7L Bronco's suffer catastrophic engine failure. There is a lot of vitriol and learned experiences in the hundreds of pages of posts there. Many of these folks had to wait months for their Bronco's to get repaired. Two or three people got their Bronco's back only to suffer a second engine failure. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...re-list-66-so-far-updated-september-21.31951/

Ultimately, it seems like most were ultimately happy with the repair results. Ford was pretty good about privately giving an extended warranty so pursue that with Ford on yours.
Thanks. With 60 miles I think mine is the lowest and owned only for 7 hours before this happened. So I am beyond frustrated. The dealer put 34 miles on it to get it to whine. BUT here is my biggest concern the engineer told them to change oil and check filter so to me that tells me the engineers and Ford know more then they are telling us. I also do not have a 2021 motor. Mine was just built in August of 2022.

Teke

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol why would I spend $20k more than what I have on order for a vehicle with 2 too many doors for my liking? I say what I said because that’s how I feel. Things happen with mass produced products. You have a right to be upset/disappointed but Ford is taking care of you and replacing it. Vehicles have a warranty for a reason. When you get the new motor in, sell it and move on from it if you don’t trust it anymore. Plenty of people have tons of miles on their 2.7s to prove otherwise.

Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought my F-150 in 2012 AFTER finding out it had a new engine installed under warranty by Ford. I knew a service manager for a major Ford dealership out of state and had him run the VIN. He said that the service history showed a new engine was installed at 49K (truck had 79K when I was looking to buy it.) His exact words were, "Hey, this isn't a case of a shadetree mechanic swapping engines. Ford did this under warranty to the tune of $8000. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it." So I did. And I'm still driving it 10 years and 43K miles later.

That said, I don't fault anyone for not wanting to keep a brand new Bronco with an engine replacement. Everyone has a different outlook. I don't know if such work shows up on Carfax, but it certainly did show up on Ford's internal service history in my case.

heading180

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, I’m done beating this dead horse. It is what it is and we’ve been sitting here all day doing this. Thank you all for the input.

OP
OP
cmecatchu2

cmecatchu2

Wildtrak
First Name
Anne Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Engine information…. Posting in case anyone else has a build date in range. I could be the unlucky duck or who knows. The transmission pumps are also being replaced

A2F547A1-096A-480A-ADBC-912410306F86.jpeg
Sponsored