First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
so engineer is allowing them to drop transmission to check both pumps as the whine was super loud and not within spec.. they’re also goung to domoul change to check for metal. I will keep
ypu updated. Please do same on yours with me.
Will do! I took it to the dealer last night and dropped it in the parking lot and came back this morning and started it for them and they were able to hear it.
According to them, they’re going to hook it up to some machines to isolate different cylinders and possibly see what’s happening – the fact that it’s intermittent could possibly be indicative of a loose rod bearing which falls into place sometimes and sometimes no (per service manager)
Of course that’s all hypothetical so we’ll just wait and see. It’s very frustrating, brand new and already looking at the possibility of a major repair. Grrr
I’m certainly keeping documentation of everything with dates and times and who I spoke to in the event that it’s not fixed correctly.
Their first reaction, last week was “well it’s got plenty of warranty so…” Yeah but that’s not how I want to continue.
Let’s stay in touch end maybe yours can figure yours out or mine can figure mine out and we can make suggestions to our respective service department if either can’t seem to isolate it. Aside from the wine, the knocks sound exactly the same.
-I even went as far as locating another bronco at a different dealership, same 2.7, brand new, and asked them to start it so I could listen. It definitely did not make a knocking sound and I would certainly hope it’s not normal.
Robert
Sponsored

OP
OP
cmecatchu2

cmecatchu2

Wildtrak
First Name
Anne Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Please keep us updated( see attached video) my 2022 I picked up only 2 weeks ago is also knocking just like yours. No whining, just knocking. It DOES follow with the RPM. Faster RPM, knock speeds up. It spent 1 week at the dealer while I was out of town. They couldn’t duplicate it. The knocking seems intermittent. Some days yes, some days no. I don’t think this is normal.

Get yours to Ford… they dropped oil and cut filter and not good for a vehicle under 100 miles. My oil looks cloudy and bits of what appears to be metal in it. Its super cloudy.

heading180

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get yours to Ford… they dropped oil and cut filter and not good for a vehicle under 100 miles. My oil looks cloudy and bits of what appears to be metal in it. Its super cloudy.
It’s already there, and I was informed this morning they will be replacing the engine. I’ve since opened a case with Ford corporate, I have a hard time accepting a new $63,000 vehicle with a major overhaul. I’m going to be requesting a buyback or replacement.

heading180

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s already there, and I was informed this morning they will be replacing the engine. I’ve since opened a case with Ford corporate, I have a hard time accepting a new $63,000 vehicle with a major overhaul. I’m going to be requesting a buyback or replacement.
In reference to Case No. CAS-39059225-L6Z8D8 

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company today. As promised, I will work with you to bring the earliest possible resolution to your case, providing you with regular updates in the interim.

Should you need to contact me, you may reach me directly at this email address or at 866-631-3788 on my extension . If I’m unavailable, please leave me a detailed voice message and I will return your call as soon as possible. Also, our phone number may be flagged as spam on your caller ID. Please look out for our telephone number 1-800-392-3673 and /or add this number to your contacts to not miss our communication attempts. Note: If you do call back, please be prepared to provide your case number to enable quicker service.

Once your concern is addressed you may receive an email survey from Ford Motor Co. We ask that you take a few minutes to respond to the survey and provide us with your feedback regarding our handling of your concern.

Thank you again for contacting Ford, we appreciate your loyalty and are committed to resolving your case as soon as possible.

Regards,

Briana Esene 

OP
OP
cmecatchu2

cmecatchu2

Wildtrak
First Name
Anne Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How did you open a case?— Sorry you’re going through this too. I am heading down same path apparently.

Sponsored

heading180

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How did you open a case?— Sorry you’re going through this too. I am heading down same path apparently.
If you would like to give me a call you’re more than welcome to, 407-437-3545. We may need each other if Ford starts to push back. Let’s talk. If you’re not comfortable, let me know, and we can chat here but I thought we can get more accomplished if we can actually talk
Robert

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is totally a natural first reaction, but take a breath. They're at least 66 people on this board that have had blown up engines replaced and have been just fine ever since.

Some of them even got additional things fixed because the mechanic saw other things that were wrong while they were in there.

Others even managed to get extended warranties for free, etc.

Having an engine replaced is actually not that big of an issue, the whole concept of having VINs matching or something is ridiculous.

Let them replace the engine, and see how things go.

heading180

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is totally a natural first reaction, but take a breath. They're at least 66 people on this board that have had blown up engines replaced and have been just fine ever since.

Some of them even got additional things fixed because the mechanic saw other things that were wrong while they were in there.

Others even managed to get extended warranties for free, etc.

Having an engine replaced is actually not that big of an issue, the whole concept of having VINs matching or something is ridiculous.

Let them replace the engine, and see how things go.
This has nothing to do with Matching VIN or workmanship. My concern here, I don’t keep a vehicle normally longer than 3 to 5 years. It’s not something special, it’s not a two door that I waited years for. When I go to try to sell it or trade this in How much depreciation I’m gonna have as a result of a major repair? That’s the burning question.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
warranty work does not show up on carfax reports.

This has nothing to do with Matching VIN or workmanship. My concern here, I don’t keep a vehicle normally longer than 3 to 5 years. It’s not something special, it’s not a two door that I waited years for. When I go to try to sell it or trade this in How much depreciation I’m gonna have as a result of a major repair? That’s the burning question.

heading180

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
warranty work does not show up on carfax reports.
I would like to get a definite and factual answer on that.
Per Carfax:
I would think an engine replacement certainly qualifies as service history.
There’s absolutely nothing I can find on the Carfax website that indicates “warranty work” is not included in records history. Show me that and you’ll have me a little more satisfied
Ford Bronco Hello and I need help with engine knocking issue (2.7L) Update 1 D42B1F68-49E8-4EBF-8C1A-69C174F1E72B

Last edited:

Sponsored

heading180

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some of you guys are gonna be real surprised when your engine replacement shows up on Carfax. “ But wait, the people on the forum said it wouldn’t show up”. Try taking that to the bank.
Aside from Carfax it will be in Ford’s network maintenance records. I could probably take it to any dealership in the United States to trade it in to which they have access to its history.

I’m not so desperate for a 51 blue 4 dr wildtrak that I’m willing to peacefully resign my position here. These things will be a dime a dozen here in a couple of years.

Squatched007

Badlands
First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck OP. You're having more grace than I would. After waiting over 2 years to just get a VIN, I wouldn't want another Ford if this was my prize for waiting 3 years to get a Bronco. My patience can only go so far.

heading180

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good luck OP. You're having more grace than I would. After waiting over 2 years to just get a VIN, I wouldn't want another Ford if this was my prize for waiting 3 years to get a Bronco. My patience can only go so far.
Funny you would say that. I “stumbled upon” mine. According to the dealer it was there because a customer pre-ordered and didn’t take delivery. Being is how on the very morning after I purchased it I heard a knocking sound, makes me scratch my head a little about why the individual didn’t accept delivery. Did he go to pick it up and start it, hear the noise and say no thanks? Humm. Makes one wonder.

heading180

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Additionally, when I was outside with the technicians and the were listening to its knocking one of them asked me “is this a 2.7?”… Really dude, you don’t know that by looking at it?
He said “well, we will need to find another bronco somewhere and start it to compare apples to apples to see if another one makes this noise because we’re just not familiar enough with them.”

Both of those statements don’t give me a lot of confidence in having a full under hood disassemble/reassemble done.
Sponsored