First Name
Anne Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello from Atlantic City NJ area. I took delivery of my 2021 order on 9/24/22, a 2022 Wildtrack in Eruption Green with 2.7. After 9 hours of ownership and 60 miles it had to be towed to dealer. I came out to it after a remote start and it have a horrible knocking sound… can even hear it from 2nd story camera thats 30’ away. It has been at dealer for 10 days now and I am getting nowhere with getting answers as to what is going on. The knocking has turned into a super high pitch whine that dealer has told me is getting worse since they got it there,but unfortunately they can’t get knocking to replicate. I have searched the forum and nothing comes up if anyone has had this issue or can point me to right thread (if one exists) I would greatly appreciate it.

10142022 update—- engine oil was removed and filter cut open. The swirl and glitter of metal in the oil…. My engine was built at the Lima plant with a date code 22237. It was towed with 59.8 miles. The dealer drove it 34 miles. New engine needed at 93.4 miles.
Also both transmission pumps are getting replaced as well.

I am currently waiting on a new engine install the one time use parts are the hold up…

Figure I would update thread

Sponsored

Last edited:

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably on the verge of blowing. Search this forum as there have been those with the 2.7 that have had issues with blown motors.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Probably on the verge of blowing. Search this forum as there have been those with the 2.7 that have had issues with blown motors.
No not the same. Those blown engines were ‘21s.

Sorry to hear your engine woes. That EG sure is pretty through. Did the knock speed increase with engine speed’

OP
OP
cmecatchu2

cmecatchu2

Wildtrak
First Name
Anne Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No not the same. Those blown engines were ‘21s.

Sorry to hear your engine woes. That EG sure is pretty through. Did the knock speed increase with engine speed’
Thanks, It is pretty color. The knock stayed same level but an annoying high pitched whine (not a turbo whine I know difference) got louder then the knocking. It got so loud it overpowered radio inside. Towed to dealer with 59.8 on odometer.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might seem like a dumb question but did you check the oil level?

OP
OP
cmecatchu2

cmecatchu2

Wildtrak
First Name
Anne Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First thing I did at daylight. Doesnt look like anything on towel. Drove rough even for tow driver and dealer

313C68A6-6E83-443F-9F16-DB98B2F70B5A.jpeg

C3CCA2D5-D9A8-4624-A6E0-320F6D50EA0E.jpeg

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello from Atlantic City NJ area. I took delivery of my 2021 order on 9/24/22, a 2022 Wildtrack in Eruption Green with 2.7. After 9 hours of ownership and 60 miles it had to be towed to dealer. I came out to it after a remote start and it have a horrible knocking sound… can even hear it from 2nd story camera thats 30’ away. It has been at dealer for 10 days now and I am getting nowhere with getting answers as to what is going on. The knocking has turned into a super high pitch whine that dealer has told me is getting worse since they got it there,but unfortunately they can’t get knocking to replicate. I have searched the forum and nothing comes up if anyone has had this issue or can point me to right thread (if one exists) I would greatly appreciate it.

Hello from NJ!

I’d open the hood while the engine is running to make sure there’s no physical rubbing that’s causing the whining. I remember the 2.7’s had a coolant hose rubbing on the idle pulley before. Otherwise keep the pressure on your dealer to at least document the problem for a warranty fix.

OP
OP
cmecatchu2

cmecatchu2

Wildtrak
First Name
Anne Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello from NJ!

I’d open the hood while the engine is running to make sure there’s no physical rubbing that’s causing the whining. I remember the 2.7’s had a coolant hose rubbing on the idle pulley before. Otherwise keep the pressure on your dealer to at least document the problem for a warranty fix.
Thank you! When I opened in the morning to check oil I didnt see anything loose or moving about that would make that knocking noise… I havent had it in my possession since they towed it 9/26…. I have another video and you can hear the knocking from 30 plus feet and 2 stories up. You can start to hear the whine as I pull out of driveway to go the short distance home. Thats when the whine started to overtake the knock when I was pulling in my driveway.
I am glad they recorded prior so you can see no knocking noise— it sounds like a galloping horse to me. It was so loud when I came out the back door of the house I was saying man does someone’s car sound bad…. joke is on me it was mine. They checked everything nothing is rubbing or hitting. They are waiting on Ford to allow them to do more then stethoscope as the loudest noise seems to be coming from transmission pump area but they have to drop transmission to check it.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife told me to ask if the "Gravy Boat" light was on. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks, It is pretty color. The knock stayed same level but an annoying high pitched whine (not a turbo whine I know difference) got louder then the knocking. It got so loud it overpowered radio inside. Towed to dealer with 59.8 on odometer.
Probably good it doesn't change speed. Maybe one of the numerous high efficiency gizmos on the engine/tranny.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My wife told me to ask if the "Gravy Boat" light was on. :ROFLMAO:
Sounds like it is either low on blinker fluid or it could be the canuter valve.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What is the part number on the dipstick?

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
does it follow engine rpm when in neutral?

I feel like it's going to be something shocking, or you need a new engine. When I hear noise from an engine and then a high-pitched noise I think of bearings spinning on the crank.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ugh. Ford quality.
Sponsored