First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
100% new, first time installing lighting... DD's video made it look super easy but the harness it came with (https://www.diodedynamics.com/heavy-duty-dual-output-4-pin-wiring-harness.html) looks more complicated than their video. Diagram from DD below:

1. C goes to each light pod
2. Switch A with B and B goes to the AUX switch wires
3. Do both yellow and blue line within B connect into 1 AUX switch wire connect?
4. D - black wire can goto any grounding point
5. D - where does the red wire go?
6. Where does the relay go?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, just a newb when it comes to wiring stuff... just want to make sure I do this correctly. Appreciate any hepl.

Ford Bronco Help a newbie - installing Diode Dynamic SS3 to Aux switches vy_duty_dual_output_4-pin_wiring_harness_diagram_c
Sponsored

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When wiring directly do the aux switches, the relay they provide is no longer necessary. If you cut the harness coming from the pod lights before the relay, there should be 3 wires there: black, blue, and red. Just connect red to an aux switch for main beam, you can use a second aux switch and connect the blue wire to it for backlight. Black is ground.

It’s a lot easier wiring it this way, less mess and no relay to have to tuck in somewhere. I did it this way when I installed the DD fog pocket kit on mine.

OP
OP
cyoungk

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When wiring directly do the aux switches, the relay they provide is no longer necessary. If you cut the harness coming from the pod lights before the relay, there should be 3 wires there: black, blue, and red. Just connect red to an aux switch for main beam, you can use a second aux switch and connect the blue wire to it for backlight. Black is ground.

It’s a lot easier wiring it this way, less mess and no relay to have to tuck in somewhere. I did it this way when I installed the DD fog pocket kit on mine.
Ah, got it. This is where my confusion came in was in regards to the relay and such. I know they sell other harnesses for this purpose... I'm assuming the reason they sent this harness by default to me is to provide options for those who dont have AUX switches?

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ah, got it. This is where my confusion came in was in regards to the relay and such. I know they sell other harnesses for this purpose... I'm assuming the reason they sent this harness by default to me is to provide options for those who dont have AUX switches?
That harness gives you the option of using their aftermarket switch, or your factory aux switches. You’d only have to wire it to the battery with a relay like in the diagram if the aux switch wasn’t on a fused circuit or was rated for too low of an amperage to power the lights directly.

OP
OP
cyoungk

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That harness gives you the option of using their aftermarket switch, or your factory aux switches. You’d only have to wire it to the battery with a relay like in the diagram if the aux switch wasn’t on a fused circuit or was rated for too low of an amperage to power the lights directly.
sorry one more question - since this is the only harness I have at the moment, is there any downside to using it as is with the red line going into the battery and using B to connect to two aux switches?

Sponsored

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

sorry one more question - since this is the only harness I have at the moment, is there any downside to using it as is with the red line going into the battery and using B to connect to two aux switches?
Nope. You can wire it exactly like how they’ve shown in the diagram. It just means there’s a few more connections for you to make.

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

great information