First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off, as every one has alluded, it is perfectly fine to buy what you want based on looks. Just a suggestion to be mindful of the old adage; "you get what you pay for". The more you tart it up to look like an off-raod beast, the worse it will drive on the street. I suspect you don't want to get into a situation where it is a terrible road car for your use and you want to get rid of it in six months. It was not designed to excel at your stated use case, so you will be making daily compromises for the look. As long as you are going in with eyes wide open; I would suggest the Outer Banks, then just swap on some aggressive looking AT tires in the stock diameter and some aftermarket 18 (or maybe 17") wheels. The tread pattern will fool the eye and look bigger, plus if you hate it, easy enough to swap back to stock. Essentially, change the visuals of the most comfortable trim, not the guts of it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

grayrock27

First Name
Gray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This actually makes sense, thank you.
I donā€™t understand all the jargon that goes along with so many of the responses, lol. Other than the Sasquatch, which seems silly for me, I like the look of the tire upgrade that is only available on the badlands. Mainly, I want to know if I can have them put on a big bend without any additional modifications ā€” I donā€™t want to compromise the warranty.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
She wants a basic Bronco and people are recommending LUX package equipped higher trims...lol wut?

Get a Big Bend with mid package and if you want add Sasquatch or just throw aftermarket 33s on the stock setup to save money. Changing tires or wheels won't affect warranty.

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Badlands is the most off-road capable trim available. Itā€™s over kill imo for what youā€™re describing are your needs.

Consider either a Big Bend or Outerbanks and simply go with beefier after market tire e.g. 33x12.50 BFG All-Terrains. Thatā€™s the same tire on a stock Badlands.
There are plenty of photos on the site of that set up on stock wheels. No lift. Just remove crash bars. You can then sell the stock rubber for a few bucks to offset the new tire cost.

Good luck
Sounds like OBX with 275/70/18 on stock wheels is a good balance.The BF KO2 tire is 33.1 inches vs. 32 on stock rubber.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I donā€™t understand all the jargon that goes along with so many of the responses, lol. Other than the Sasquatch, which seems silly for me, I like the look of the tire upgrade that is only available on the badlands. Mainly, I want to know if I can have them put on a big bend without any additional modifications ā€” I donā€™t want to compromise the warranty.
Yes.

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Actually swapping to larger tires ā€œcouldā€ effect the warranty...but ā€œprobablyā€ will not. I would recommend getting the lowest trim with the ā€œpackageā€œ availability and options you want (bigbend for mid-outer banks for high-lux) (I think outer banks with high package may be a good choice for you but nothing wrong with big bend and mid either) and have a tire shop add your choice of tires (and maybe wheels and/or basic lift). If ya have warranty issue swap on the stock tires. You have no need for badland/wild track!!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are talking about the optional non-squatch badlands beadlocks that come w/ bfgoodrich KO2 tires, yes you can get them to fit a BB, but they are going to be hard to find as take offs...they are badlands only, and they are not the same as squatch wheels. The BFG tires that are optional on non-squatch badlands are 33s, so an easier fit than the squatch 35s...likely no lift needed for street use

BroncoFanGirl

Black Diamond
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco & 2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For anyone struggling over what model would suit, here's my notes (prices are Cdn):
I do believe Black Diamond $60209 suits me best ā€“ Iā€™m a fan of its stock 32ā€™s on 17ā€ black rims, the marine grade seats/rubber floor, heated front seats, remote start, and copilot 360. Wish there was an option for B&O stereo and heated wheel, but not deal breakers for me. Iā€™ll need to put after-market steps on it as I have short legs.
1f60a.png

I have also built Big Bend $63839 ā€“ I donā€™t love that its limited to cloth seats (and presumably carpeted flooring?). Also in order to get Advanced 4x4, must add Sasquatch. I do love the look of Sasquatch but believe the 32's on BD will work great for me!
I have also built Outer Banks $72179 ā€“ I donā€™t love the look of the stock 18ā€ rims & tires, so I added Sasquatch. Also added Lux pkg for heated wheel, B&O, adaptive cruise. But I donā€™t care for the body coloured door handles & mirrors, carpeted flooring, or the PRICE!
The BD I ordered will look a lot like this, but will have a hard top and will be chili pepper red!
Ford Bronco Help choosing trim 1646231777445
Sponsored