First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just curious who is going with the advance 4x4 option if your build doesn't already come with it.

I was on the fence. My current Grand Cherokee is essentially the same thing. Full time AWD with Selec-trac. Which is selectable terrain modes just like G.O.A.T modes. After owning it for a year and a half I finally got to experience the benefits of it. We had a decent snowfall overnight and roads were pretty crappy when I went out this AM. Made it through every situation without ever losing traction. I even tried to make it slip and couldn't. No need to slow down and disengage when the roads were clear. So I'm pretty sure I'm going with Advance 4x4 on my Bronco.
Sponsored

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

love this feature on f-150, pull snowmobile trailer and many times the roads will be slick in spots. Can leave in 4A and not worry about speed or moving from 2h to 4h.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was stoked to find out it was an option for the Black Diamond. I Like the idea of the 4WD-A feature for North East Snow, but more importantly to get the 94.7:1 crawl ratio

Edit: actually I think with the 4.46 Gears It will have a crawl ratio just under 90:1

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would not but I am using as kind of a band-aid for my wife who is used to automatic AWD on her Edge.

All my junk has levers on the floor.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For everyday driving, it does seem to make sense.

Sponsored

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

During the winter months my main use for this Bronco will be to drive up unmaintained roads so I can get as close as possible to ice climbs. So, yes, I will be getting the Advanced 4x4.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely (same experience here with a GC). And for those thinking it's only for snow, it's not, it works very well in all low traction situations (rain, gravel, etc.). It's why a BD was my minimum build consideration (didn't want SAS).

Aut-Lin

Black Diamond
First Name
Aut-Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most definitely getting the Advanced 4x4 for my Black Diamond! I commute 60km (one way) to work down a mountain road in to town, winter time it can be extremely variable going from dry pavement spots to a foot of snow and back. Being able to set it in 4A and forget about it and drive (and to not worry about driving on dry pavement with 4wd locked) is a huge benefit to have.

Plus paired with the 7MT you get that super low crawl ratio! :D

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes. One of the main things that bumped me into OBX from Big Bend.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No. Not worth the cost to me. I can turn the dial myself for free. I also use winter tires. Maybe if I ran the same tires all year I'd consider it.

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not going with it. I have it on my Tahoe and never use it. 99% of the time it's in 2H.

Yes, granted we're actually having a real winter this year, so after the snow falls, it's good for peace of mind. especially with the melting snow, and low temps at night (causing ice). But really it's no different than 2H, it only engages when needed, if ever. When it's actively snowing, I just use 4H. Plus I don't think any drive will save you from ice.

Also, as someone has mentioned to me on this forum, the technology for traction control really does a lot more these days for helping in slippery conditions.

BTW, idk what your Cherokee has, but if it's AWD like you mentioned, that's not the same as 4 auto. It's been discussed numerous times on this forum, but you can also do some googling and find some good articles/videos explaining the differences.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm going with advanced which is included with squatch on my OBX.

I'm hoping even though squatch comes with "MT" tires that the 4A system will iron out the traction problems during snowy and icy conditions in IL. If not, no big deal, I have no issues replacing the MTs for for K02's or Wildpeaks the first winter if needed.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, I am choosing advance 4x4..... because it comes with the Squatch package. Otherwise, I wouldn't spend extra just to have it. I'm quite capable of turning the dial to 4H ;)

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No. Not worth the cost to me. I can turn the dial myself for free.
Aww man, we actually made it pretty far into this 4A discussion before the first "I'm a big manly man that can fiddle with a knob" comment.

edit: A a second one comes in right before my post went though!
Sponsored