Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The poll question is “are you choosing advanced 4x4?”. I am not choosing advanced 4x4.

I’m choosing a Badlands and it happens to come with advanced 4x4 - which is one of the reasons I’m choosing a BL, among many other reasons.
Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would have loved to get it, but not in the budget :-(
Only way to get on lower trims is to go Sasquatch.
I guess I'll just have to "drive carefully" or some BS like that...
I would love to have it but I guess it isn't available for a non-sasquatch Big Bend! I drive a company Ford Explorer with rubber flooring and AWD, and WOW, I love it! I also beat the 4 X 4 trucks off the line at a red light!

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Comes with the Sasquatch package, so yep.
Yeah, me too.

The only reason I'm getting a Bronco is because I want an off road beast. I spend a lot of time riding dual sport and adventure motorcycles up in the hills and I'll be going to the same places with the Bronco. Except that I can bring along friends and relatives that otherwise wouldn't get to those places.

I don't even know for sure what the Sasquatch package has beyond the Advanced 4x4 package. I just know that I want maximum off road capability.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was stoked to find out it was an option for the Black Diamond. I Like the idea of the 4WD-A feature for North East Snow, but more importantly to get the 94.7:1 crawl ratio

Edit: actually I think with the 4.46 Gears It will have a crawl ratio just under 90:1 with the advanced 4x4.
Black Diamond (non-Sasquatch) manual transmission is approx 80:1 crawl ratio with advanced 4x4

Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Diamond (non-Sasquatch) manual transmission is approx 80:1 crawl ratio with advanced 4x4
Crawler Gear 6.59 X Advance T/C Low Range 3.06 X Final Axle Ratio 4.46 = 89.94

Am I doing something wrong?

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Crawler Gear 6.59 X Advance T/C Low Range 3.06 X Final Axle Ratio 4.46 = 89.94

Am I doing something wrong?
I didn’t do the math, you may be correct. I’m going off this:

Ford Bronco Are you choosing Advance 4x4??? F4A2331A-A635-46D8-BF8B-37D42B77FC7A

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup, going to be my DD, so Florida rain i figure why not. But I'm a planner, I got the engine block heater jic too since I hope for this to be my last vehicle and who knows what the future brings

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes I am, as it makes 6 months of the year much smoother during the freeze and thaw cycles we get a few times a winter. We also don't salt, do gravel and the snow pack starts in fall and doesn't melt until spring, so the roads are icy all winter long typically. Now most of my vehicles are AWD or have Auto 4x4 and it's just so much easier.

My F-150 stays in A4x4 from October to April every day all day and I switch to 4high in some certain situations when I anticipate the slight slip from the rear before the front kicks in. My Chrysler and Explorer are full time mechanical AWD and work flawlessly.

I also sun studded (Cooper) and studless (Blizzak) snow tires on everything I have. The only two vehicles I have with strictly 2wd/4x4 are my 02 Excursion and 97 F-150 Plow truck both of which hardly get switched to 2wd for half the year.

I'll be running 35" (315/70R17) Studded Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3 on my Bronco during the winter.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn’t do the math, you may be correct. I’m going off this:

F4A2331A-A635-46D8-BF8B-37D42B77FC7A.jpeg
Yea that 79.92 figure is with the standard transfer case, the 94.75 figure is with the advanced transfer case and with 4.7 final drive. For us (looks like your going the same route as me) we will have roughly 89:1 crawl ratio.

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea that 79.92 figure is with the standard transfer case, the 94.75 figure is with the advanced transfer case and with 4.7 final drive. For us (looks like your going the same route as me) we will have roughly 89:1 crawl ratio.
Ive been reading that backwards the entire time?! 🤣🤣

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The detailed information is obviously difficult to find and few on the bronco forums (and NONE on the F150 forums, it seems) have any idea what the real differences are....

I'll link the info again for you guys.

https://www.blueovaltrucks.com/tech-articles/understanding-the-4wd-in-your-ford/
Thx. This is helpful. I ended up googling 'how ford 4 auto works' and came across this article. This indeed does imply it's more than just being activated when needed.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. It’s for novices here in the southeast

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You guys should work for Ford. Ya got me. I'm emailing my salesman and adding Adv 4x4.

I'm still a little, do I really need it? But for $800, why the heck not. It's not gonna break me. Better to have and not use, then to not have, and wonder if I did have.

so thx, thank you all for costing me another $800. 😂 😂
Sponsored