Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Simple for me. My bronco comes with. Also I live in a place that get snow.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dear OP, This would be another great thread to provide the detailed information about what the 4A transmission does and how it varies from the standard RWD transmission Bronco will have without it.

https://www.blueovaltrucks.com/tech-articles/understanding-the-4wd-in-your-ford/

People have expressed confusion as to what the "Advanced" transmission is or what it does. Having this info up will slowly sink into those who choose to research the matter.
True. But I would assume people who would even bother answer the poll would know what it is already.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You guys should work for Ford. Ya got me. I'm emailing my salesman and adding Adv 4x4.

I'm still a little, do I really need it? But for $800, why the heck not. It's not gonna break me. Better to have and not use, then to not have, and wonder if I did have.

so thx, thank you all for costing me another $800. 😂 😂
That's the beauty of it. You won't know if you need it until you need it. And if you did need it you probably wouldn't even realize it's doing its job.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. It’s for novices here in the southeast
They have automatic wipers and high beams now too, i bet you’re a pro at those too huh? I admit, flipping that little lever or spinning that knob for 4X4 is a very daunting task, too manly for me, I don’t have the finger dexterity like a real man does.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys should work for Ford. Ya got me. I'm emailing my salesman and adding Adv 4x4.

I'm still a little, do I really need it? But for $800, why the heck not. It's not gonna break me. Better to have and not use, then to not have, and wonder if I did have.

so thx, thank you all for costing me another $800. 😂 😂
Thank us later, you'll love it, trust us!

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At one time I was going with BD with Advanced 4x4, because of the MN winters. I have since moved up to BL, so it's included.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only reason not to get this is it is not in the budget. It’s important to think about what is making up your budget. A bikini top is cool, but it is not gonna save your lives.

No way I am not getting it. Too cheap to pass up. You won’t even know when it kept you on the road .

We are all good drivers, but it never hurts to have a spotter.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would love to have it but I guess it isn't available for a non-sasquatch Big Bend! I drive a company Ford Explorer with rubber flooring and AWD, and WOW, I love it! I also beat the 4 X 4 trucks off the line at a red light!
I wish it was an option apart from Sasquatch, but I'm not going to pay an extra $6000 to get it.
Living in San Diego it's not really a necessity anyway, but it sure would be nice peace of mind on trips into bad weather. One thing I will be sure of is getting good snow-rated AT tires though, probably KO2s or Wildpeaks. That will help a lot.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They have automatic wipers and high beams now too, i bet you’re a pro at those too huh? I admit, flipping that little lever or spinning that knob for 4X4 is a very daunting task, too manly for me, I don’t have the finger dexterity like a real man does.
My dealer has assured me that they’ll set it in 4A for me when I take delivery. They also assured me they’ll do it for free.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer has assured me that they’ll set it in 4A for me when I take delivery. They also assured me they’ll do it for free.
Whew! That’s awesome, now there won’t be any confusion and you won’t have to labor yourself with the dial!

slacker4wheel

Black Diamond
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey bronco fans, I ordered a Black Diamond two door with 2.3 and 7 speed trans.
I said to myself for an extra 800 bucks why not. That extra low range might come in handy someday. Technology can be a good thing at times.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes I am, as it makes 6 months of the year much smoother during the freeze and thaw cycles we get a few times a winter. We also don't salt, do gravel and the snow pack starts in fall and doesn't melt until spring, so the roads are icy all winter long typically. Now most of my vehicles are AWD or have Auto 4x4 and it's just so much easier.

My F-150 stays in A4x4 from October to April every day all day and I switch to 4high in some certain situations when I anticipate the slight slip from the rear before the front kicks in. My Chrysler and Explorer are full time mechanical AWD and work flawlessly.

I also sun studded (Cooper) and studless (Blizzak) snow tires on everything I have. The only two vehicles I have with strictly 2wd/4x4 are my 02 Excursion and 97 F-150 Plow truck both of which hardly get switched to 2wd for half the year.

I'll be running 35" (315/70R17) Studded Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3 on my Bronco during the winter.
Those Nokian will make that thing a winter beast. I've run studless Nokian Nordmans the past 8 winters in Minnesota on an impreza and later an Abarth and they've gotten me a lot further in that Abarth than it has any right to get. Unfortunately not able to run studded tires here
Sponsored