First Name
Gray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi everyone, I’m so happy that I found this forum — everyone is so helpful!
I am having some trouble deciding what Bronco to order, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am a 40-something mom of three, and I have no intention of off-roading, ever lol. I just love the look of the Bronco, especially those big tires with the Sasquatch upgrade. I am coming from a Toyota Sequoia, so I’m used to a big truck, but now that my kids are driving, I no longer need that size SUV.
I don’t need a lot of bells and whistles, just the basic camera, radio, safety features, etc., so the Badlands seems like a good fit, but I’m not crazy about the look of the standard tires. I love the look of the Sasquatch, but can I justify the extra money when I literally will never use the off-roading features? Will it make my everyday road driving rough? I noticed the Badlands is the only trim that offers a size tire/wheel upgrade other than Sasquatch, but after adding some features, it cost about the same as the wildtrek. Does anyone know if I can get those tires offered as an ugrade on the Badlands if I order a Big Bend? Will any adjustments need to be made to the actual truck if I do? Final thoughts ... I want automatic and I’m debating whether to upgrade to the 2.7 engine. Thank you so much for any advice you may have.
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello! Fellow mom here, haha. I wouldnt suggest a Badlands for your usage - its the higher tier off-road geared rig. Depending on whether you want extra tech I would most likely recommend the Big Bend or OBX w or w/out sasquatch.. or a Wildtrack. Sasquatch is all preference. It’s a lot to add just for looks but its a good way to have big tires and a lift that is warrantied. If you can budget it, go for it, but you will be sacrificing some driving characteristics and MPGs turning bigger rubber - something to consider with no plans to off-road. If you want the bigger screen and 360 cameras, or the heated steering wheel, improved sound system, adaptive cruise, you need Outer Banks and above for High/Lux packages. If just a reverse camera is okay, then you can stick with mid-equipped on any trim that offers it. All have the available Ford 360 co-pilot standard (emergency breaking etc). It’s more about what you want and what you can budget.

The other thing to consider is each trim has different interior options (carpet, washout floors, MGV/ leather/cloth & it’s coloring, accent coloring, etc) so this may dictate your decision as well.

Last edited:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Badlands is the most off-road capable trim available. It’s over kill imo for what you’re describing are your needs.

Consider either a Big Bend or Outerbanks and simply go with beefier after market tire e.g. 33x12.50 BFG All-Terrains. That’s the same tire on a stock Badlands.
There are plenty of photos on the site of that set up on stock wheels. No lift. Just remove crash bars. You can then sell the stock rubber for a few bucks to offset the new tire cost.

Good luck

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Badlands is the most off-road capable trim available. It’s over kill imo for what you’re describing are your needs.

Consider either a Big Bend or Outerbanks and simply go with beefier after market tire e.g. 33x12.50 BFG All-Terrains. That’s the same tire on a stock Badlands.
There are plenty of photos on the site of that set up on stock wheels. No lift. Just remove crash bars. You can then sell the stock rubber for a few bucks to offset the new tire cost.

Good luck
Second this opinion. If you want the 12” infotainment, go OBX. Otherwise do BB mid pkg w/ signature lighting. You can upgrade the tires/wheels on either of those for very little compared to spec’ing a WT or BL.

Any dealer can install a good AT tire for you upon delivery.

Sponsored

JBMontclair

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco - 4 Door - BD - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been very happy on and off road with my black diamond non sas. It does come with skids and rails and at least for my21 mod front bumper. I think this is changed for my22. The grabbers are aggressive looking (with steelies) although they are 32”. Hard to tell unless parked next to a Sasquatch or one of those people who love talking about tires. I love the mgv seats and rubber floors. I did get mid package and 2.7 engine. It has sport mode and I do enjoy putting that on at times. While you don’t need the skids for your purpose the rails also cover the pinch welds which is a plus. Oh and my stop and go mph is around 17.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In your shoes, I would go with the Outer Banks, 2.7L with 10 speed auto, LUX package with some aftermarket wheels and tires. With the 4 door, this is going to be about $50-54K.

Outer Banks is the 'luxury' trim, and comes with a lot of small details to make it look a bit more refined. Painted handles and mirrors, for example. A bit less rugged, a bit more normal SUV. The plastic fenders will not be painted if you go Sasquatch though.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/2022/config/summary/Config[|Ford|Bronco|2022|1|1.|314A.E5C..PPQ...2DR.64X.99P.67X.58P.]

I hope that works, no clue.

The 2.3L is fine, but the 2.7L is FANTASTIC. Very zippy. Some slight reliability problems have popped up a time or two for forum members, but ~30 examples out of tens of thousands of delivered Broncos is an acceptable failure rate.

Sasquatch helps resale quite well from my limited research. Your other option is skipping Sasquatch and just adding some aftermarket wheels and tires. You can work that out with the dealership parts department easy enough.

Sasquatch is helpful for more than hardcore off-roading. 4A is nice in light snow and rain, and lockers can be quite helpful if you ever end up in snow more than a foot deep. Plus, resale value.. Who knows, you may want to pick up hobbies that require a bit more remote travel once you are able to safely do so. I know my wife really enjoys the outdoors a LOT more now than she did when I met her.

You can also go with the Badlands, as all the off-road features other than swaybar disconnect can be had with the Sasquatch package anyways. Swaybar disconnect is a great feature on forest roads and anything without pavement as it really smooths the ride out under 20mph.

The washout interior of the Badlands is quite amazing. The vinyl seats are the the most comfortable option, in my opinion. You can do leather, but I preferred the vinyl. You'll lose wash out flooring if you go leather though.

Just for reference, I just hit 5,000 miles on my 4 door Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 with Lux, and there is absolutely nothing I would change about my order.

clarkT

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Big bend, mid will be cheapest for your use. Add rims / tires aftermarket (dealer can order you the ford performance ones from the ranger and bigger tires… so you’ll never see it without them if you want). Don’t get the 2.7 engine. Only option you may want is the 4 wheel auto transfer case.

I ran tons of numbers and ended up with a base. The value wasn’t there to keep jumping up trims since I didn’t value the various interior / creature-feature packages much. If you want simplicity, 2 door no option added OBX. But you’ll still be looking for rims / tires. It and the BB with the couple changes mentioned above make them close in cost.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here’s a pic of member @crackedbackdoor and his set up. Very clean. OBX and stock wheels. Could do same with BB or BD.

Did add level kit but that was to clear bigger 34.2” tires. If you went 33” BFG you should be good.

Ford Bronco Help choosing trim D8FD426B-C301-4E3A-88A7-6EE3891B8F35

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I were you I would go big bend mid, or outer banks if you want the higher level creature comforts. Even without the intention of off-roading much I would spring for the rear locking differential as you may find yourself in muddy/slippery conditions not by choice where it can help.
o
As for the bigger wheels and tires, go aftermarket. Get a leveling kit done/crash bars out and you could a easily do something similar to the Sasquatch. If you really want the Sasquatch wheels and tires likely people will be dumping them soon enough relatively cheap. You could even let your sales person know you would be willing to buy off another customer.

2.3 is plenty for 99.9% of anyone's needs ('wants' likely a much smaller percentage.) Who knows which will end up the more reliable choice?

good luck!

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think Outer Banks without SAS is your sweet spot. SAS is a great value for all the stuff you get, but you don’t need any of that stuff except wheels and tires. Sell your stock wheels and tires and use the savings on a high or lux package, leather seats and some nice big after-market 35’s and wheels you like.

Make sure to look at the various trim’s interior options, that may point you in a direction too.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having some trouble deciding what Bronco to order, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am a 40-something mom of three, and I have no intention of off-roading, ever lol. I just love the look of the Bronco, especially those big tires with the Sasquatch upgrade. I am coming from a Toyota Sequoia, so I’m used to a big truck, but now that my kids are driving, I no longer need that size SUV.
I don’t need a lot of bells and whistles, just the basic camera, radio, safety features, etc., so the Badlands seems like a good fit, but I’m not crazy about the look of the standard tires. I love the look of the Sasquatch, but can I justify the extra money when I literally will never use the off-roading features? Will it make my everyday road driving rough? I noticed the Badlands is the only trim that offers a size tire/wheel upgrade other than Sasquatch, but after adding some features, it cost about the same as the wildtrek. Does anyone know if I can get those tires offered as an ugrade on the Badlands if I order a Big Bend? Will any adjustments need to be made to the actual truck if I do? Final thoughts ... I want automatic and I’m debating whether to upgrade to the 2.7 engine. Thank you so much for any advice you may have.
Though the Badlands has potentially more off-roading capacity at its default layout, there’s nothing that suggests you actually have to off-road it upon purchase.

frankly, you may want to consider the interiors first and foremost and if you like the Sasquatch, you can always apply it to that trim.

I ordered a Badlands, largely because I liked the Interior MGV + orange stitching & accents to compliment the 2DR Cyber Orange. It also comes w/the Swaybar Disconnect for more advanced off-roading that I may build up to, but it could just be a feature that helps hold the value down the road.

i plan on keeping this for a while and enjoying the features, but again, I found the interior difference amongst each trim was more relevant to my decisions

feralc

Outer Banks
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I were you I would go big bend mid, or outer banks if you want the higher level creature comforts. Even without the intention of off-roading much I would spring for the rear locking differential as you may find yourself in muddy/slippery conditions not by choice where it can help.
o
As for the bigger wheels and tires, go aftermarket. Get a leveling kit done/crash bars out and you could a easily do something similar to the Sasquatch. If you really want the Sasquatch wheels and tires likely people will be dumping them soon enough relatively cheap. You could even let your sales person know you would be willing to buy off another customer.

2.3 is plenty for 99.9% of anyone's needs ('wants' likely a much smaller percentage.) Who knows which will end up the more reliable choice?

good luck!
Can you fit 35 Sasquatch tires on a stock outer banks by just removing the crash bars? Or you need to do something else?? Thanks

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I have seen around the forums you will need to remove the crash bars up front (few bolts) and works best with a leveling kit, as well as the larger fender flares. However. You may be able to fit otherwise without mods but it will rub, and minimal travel. If you like the Sasquatch wheels and tires I would just get the package- between the suspension, lockers, wheels and tires, factory warranty it’s actually a good deal.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Buy a mid package big bend. Have the dealer put a lift on it and buy the Sasquatch wheels and rims from someone who has upgraded to after market. Boom, awesome looking Bronc and under 45k.
Sponsored