First second
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you sir and that is correct and it was leaning towards that when you have a freakin title in your name free and clear. Almost was real. Almost..
This… this right here is driving me crazy!! Almost real?? You traded it in on a F150 raptor! From the title of the post to the user name it’s all nonsense! Had you continued to drive the Braptor it would have been real. It would have been real till who knows when. You had a title, you had the truck, what 1,2,3 years down the road do you think anyone would have gone after a truck that you have owned and drove for years with no issues?
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This… this right here is driving me crazy!! Almost real?? You traded it in on a F150 raptor! From the title of the post to the user name it’s all nonsense! Had you continued to drive the Braptor it would have been real. It would have been real till who knows when. You had a title, you had the truck, what 1,2,3 years down the road do you think anyone would have gone after a truck that you have owned and drove for years with no issues?

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-...stolen-60-000-truck-from-dealership-1.6349832

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wrong. I just don't run with people who get scammed out of $75k and turn around try and get right quick before shit hits the fan.

I paid cash for my first bronco and sold it a few weeks later. However I bought mine at a dealership and everything was on the up and up....
Again, I did not state the scam or why it is, or is not a scam. I stated that I have seen people I know take cars back to the dealers well within a ten-day time period and for me, that does not seem like some big red flag.

From his story, he wanted a truck for what he does. Now why he would buy a BRapter to fit that need, who knows? I am not on here trying to be Pary Mason or a detective from Law and Order. The man put his story up, and whether it's true or a bunch of lies is no never mind to me.

Oh btw, we have dealerships too. They pay cash as well, and nobody is running around buying at the buy here-pay here lot. I know a gentleman who bought a Vett, kept it for a week and returned it for the new Z06 because he got his butt whoop in a race! Waste of money? YES! But again when you have it, you have it. No scamming stories attached.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Never do business with a man in clean air force ones. That is my number one rule.
Mine is stay away from anyone in dirty AF1s, so there goes that.
Mine is you never buy shit on Craigslist. Then you never have to worry about clean or dirty AF1's.

I mean really? Of all places, Craigslist to purchase a highly sought after hard to find, and under MSRP BRaptor and only accepts cash, crisp/clean Benjamin's to be precise.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I worked at a ford plant the VIN plates were controlled under lock and key. Only a few individuals touched them. At some point in the 70s workers at the plant came up with a duplicate scam. A guy in the body shop would run 2 vehicles with the same VIN. Duplicate tickets would be on the vehicles and someone in predelivery would be waiting. When the 2nd vehicle came out of the building the 2nd guy would drive it out of the fence free and clear. That exact scam would not work with all the bar code scans but what happened to the OP would not be too hard. Only cash is a red flag. One way to verify is cross reference the other VINs on broncos. I’m not sure of all the locations, we used to have them on the engine, axle and underneath the instrument panel. I believe there are more stamped Vins in other places as well.

I looked on my bronco, the only 3 I could find easily were the doorjam, windshield and in the engine compartment.on the inner right fender

Last edited:

Sponsored

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think pretty quickly there would have been an issue because the scammer used the VIN number of another Braptor that hadn't been delivered yet. I'm not sure exactly what would happen when another buyer went to register their legitimate Braptor when that VIN was already registered.

thatch11b

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 DR Softtop
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Retired LEO. Back when I first started my career VIN plate swapping was a somewhat common thing. They would switch it out with that of a similar make, model, etc. I would check with the State or Feds Auto Theft Units. They will be better equipped to handle your questions and MAY have info or leads on similar thefts, local groups, individuals etc. Good luck

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From the article:
"Further investigation revealed Crocker’s truck was reported stolen in Durham Region, and that its VIN had been changed so it could be used as an unsuspecting trade-in at the dealership."

All evidence thus far still points to the OP being the one trying to foist a stolen good (Braptor) onto a dealer to try and get a legitimate good (F-150 Raptor)

Can we just whack this ridiculous thread already?

Indarkness

Wildtrak
First Name
First second
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"The VIN was cloned. That’s when they take a VIN from a legal vehicle and use it to hide a stolen vehicle," Lematire said.

Mazda Canada said the dealership refunded the entire cost of the vehicle to Crocker, including past loan payments and provided him with a loaner vehicle.

Maybe OP should contact the Seller so he knows the Braptor was stolen and he can be a good Seattle condo owning citizen and return the $75,000 in unmarked $100 bills.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From the article:
"Further investigation revealed Crocker’s truck was reported stolen in Durham Region, and that its VIN had been changed so it could be used as an unsuspecting trade-in at the dealership."

All evidence thus far still points to the OP being the one trying to foist a stolen good (Braptor) onto a dealer to try and get a legitimate good (F-150 Raptor)

Can we just whack this ridiculous thread already?
There is NOTHING that indicates that at all, if so, OP would be in jail and sure as hell not posting here.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m retired federal LE. Enter your information at https://www.ic3.gov/ that will go to the FBI crime center. You are a victim of fraud that involved wire transfers and ITSP. Not likely the FBI would work a 75k theft. However, I’d bet a dozen 🍩 that this is a ring involving multiple vehicles and victims. If prosecuted and funds seized, you would be eligible for victim compensation. Also, you can look into claiming your losses on taxes as you were not compensated by insurance company or dealer. LE can find the guy and bank accounts rather quickly.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m retired federal LE. Enter your information at https://www.ic3.gov/ that will go to the FBI crime center. You are a victim of fraud that involved wire transfers and ITSP. Not likely the FBI would work a 75k theft. However, I’d bet a dozen 🍩 that this is a ring involving multiple vehicles and victims. If prosecuted and funds seized, you would be eligible for victim compensation. Also, you can look into claiming your losses on taxes as you were not compensated by insurance company or dealer.
No wire transfer, OP handed the scammer 750 $100 bills from what he said.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is NOTHING that indicates that at all, if so, OP would be in jail and sure as hell not posting here.
You'd be surprised man, I've seen a dude get busted for taking instagram selfies with a motorcycle that *he stole* from a dealership, at the very same dealership it was stolen from, during a motorcycle show that was hosted by law enforcement.

And like I said earlier, what effin' good does it do to post about it here? So a bunch of internet sleuths can scour the internet and make things right? I'm sure @Ford Motor Company is just waiting to get his VIN via DM to help him out.

OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Guess we will know man but now I wish

OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ya I mean the police were there. The dealer agreed and everyone agreed I got cooked. The gm was even like ya I mean look at us we bought it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.